Cruise control light flashing

• Premium Member
On 12/11/2020 at 12:16 PM, Clicknow said:

So it looks like the 2018 GT is NOT included in this recall?

regards

Where do you live?  In US there is no 2018 GT, first model is 2019, which went on sale maybe Aug 2018.  Got mine in Sep.  In Europe it was tagged as 2018 GT, I remember seeing first reviews around early May or so.

Yes I was following this model waiting for it to come to US.  

7 hours ago, mikerbiker said:

Where do you live?  In US there is no 2018 GT, first model is 2019, which went on sale maybe Aug 2018.  Got mine in Sep.  In Europe it was tagged as 2018 GT, I remember seeing first reviews around early May or so.

Yes I was following this model waiting for it to come to US.  

Iam in the UK down on the south coast in Dorset, my GT was first registered in April 2018 I have not received my recall letter as yet.

regards graham

Edited by Clicknow

Hi, my 2019 GT started to do this on the weekend. Same problem so definitely the same issue. Question; can the front brake switch be disconnected completely while I wait for a replacement from the dealer? Means the brake light won't be activated by the front brake lever (the foot brake will) but will the cruise control still work? Just undo the screw holding it in and somehow secure the assembly? Thanks.

The Yamaha customer service website has a place for entering your VIN to see if there are any recalls involving your bike.  Here is a link.  Scroll down and click on recalls.  

Contact Us | Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. (yamaha-motor.com)

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Odd says mine has no recall, It is a 2020 Tracer GT bought Nov 4th 2020.🤔

Last numeral VIN digits are 001388 so may have been corrected by then on the line. I am not having the issue yet.

Edited by roy826

• Premium Member
On 1/11/2021 at 4:58 AM, Suu Kyi said:

Hi, my 2019 GT started to do this on the weekend. Same problem so definitely the same issue. Question; can the front brake switch be disconnected completely while I wait for a replacement from the dealer? Means the brake light won't be activated by the front brake lever (the foot brake will) but will the cruise control still work? Just undo the screw holding it in and somehow secure the assembly? Thanks.

You would give up automatically showing trailing cars that you're slowing down so that, what, you can use cruise control?  which works just fine 98% of the time???  Really?

• Thumbsup 1

On 1/11/2021 at 5:58 PM, Suu Kyi said:

Update; problem fixed, reported it to the dealer, Five Star Yamaha in Hamilton Hill, Perth Western Australia (great bunch of guys) and they replaced the switch almost immediately under warranty. Turns out the recall is yet to be activated in Australia but Yamaha were happy to apply it to me in the interim. Went for a longish ride this morning and used the cruise control a fait bit including stop starts, all good.............. 

• Thumbsup 4

17 hours ago, roy826 said:

Odd says mine has no recall, It is a 2020 Tracer GT bought Nov 4th 2020.🤔

Last numeral VIN digits are 001388 so may have been corrected by then on the line. I am not having the issue yet.

My one is a later one and i  have  received a letter from Yamaha, work was completed 11/12/20.

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I haven’t. I was actually talking to the service department at my dealer where my Tracer currently is sitting waiting on parts. Hopefully the recall will happen while they have it and both can get taken care of at the same time. 

Just checked mine on the Yamaha site, manufactured 11/19 and it is recalled.  I bought it September 2020 and it has 3,200 miles on it but the first 2,000 were getting back home and haven't ridden as much since then.  Have not received the letter yet.  My letter probably went thru the Atlanta PO so it will show up in a couple of months.   I'll go by my local dealer and ask them about getting it fixed - don't have high home as they weren't the best on servicing my BMW.  LOL just went to check it and the tail light wouldn't come on!  Then I remembered I'd unplugged it while working on lighting and adding brake lights!!!   My brake light works like it should (for now).

If you follow the link @johnmark101 posted click on product recalls  - 3rd line from bottom of page on the right side you will see Product Recalls, click on that and it takes you to a page where you can enter you VIN #

Edited by PhotoAl