Joined the Dark Side

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, captainscarlet said:

Just wanted to sign off by saying it has been a privilege to share this little bit of cyberspace with you guys.  The forum has been an invaluable source of knowledge for me and I hope I've also been able to give a little back.

@captainscarlet - Thanks for your contributions and shared knowledge. 

Reading another forum, a guy just bought the same bike and had high praise but was a bit overwhelmed learning all of its features, it has EVERYTHING!! 

Enjoy the new bike. 😎👍

• Thumbsup 4
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Rock on Captain S.  That 1290 is a space ship for sure.  Enjoy the flight!

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member

You recently asked about new seats. I didn't realize you were going to get a whole new bike attached to the new seat. Enjoy the new ride!

• Haha 1

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

2 hours ago, keithu said:

Enjoy!

Although I thought you meant something else by this post. In the Iron Butt circle "going to the dark side" means putting a car tire on your rear wheel.

That's what I thought also coming from an ST 1300 .some of them went Dark Side with car tires! Anyway looks like an awesome bike . Good luck.

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, keithu said:

Enjoy!

Although I thought you meant something else by this post. In the Iron Butt circle "going to the dark side" means putting a car tire on your rear wheel.

Ah ok, no the Dark Side was more a reference to this...

Grievoushead.jpg

...as there is more than a passing resemblance.

Edited by captainscarlet
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, estell said:

You recently asked about new seats. I didn't realize you were going to get a whole new bike attached to the new seat. Enjoy the new ride!

Yes, I bought a new seat.  They had a special deal where it came with a free 1290 Super Adventure.  

Bloody expensive seat! 😋

CS

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, GTO MIKE said:

That's what I thought also coming from an ST 1300 .some of them went Dark Side with car tires! Anyway looks like an awesome bike . Good luck.

I still have  my Goldwings and I've put over 200K on car tires on the  rear. I'd never go back.  In fact when I got my 2013 Wing, I put the car tire on before I hit 500 miles.  

• Thumbsup 2