• CalSci Medium (looks TERRIBLE!!!)
    • CalSci Shorty
    • V Stream Sport Touring
    • V Stream Shorty
    • Puig Touring
    • Puig Shorty
    • MRA Touring
    • MRA Shorty

Definitely the stock is way too short for me, at 6'4", I still get bugs on my upper chest and shoulders in the lower position, and still on my neck in the upper position.  And massive helmet buffeting in both, worst in the upper position.

Puig sport screen for me now, after simply riding without a windscreen at all for a while and being much happier with that.  

I mean, really, my helmet is gonna look like this after a half hour no matter what, so I may as well at least be comfortable and have nice airflow cooling me off.  

20210805_152921.thumb.jpg.2d2ac1dc857baa140aded44787c95991.jpg

The only way I could avoid this is using one of those absolutely mammoth barn door windshields, and then I'll be grossly hot and uncomfortable as well.  That metal plate a couple posts above looks like a pretty good alternative too - basically just need something to make the front end of the bike not look crazy, and keep bugs out of the console and center controls.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 3:22 AM, OZVFR said:

I got sick of the useless stock screen and all the turbulence and noise it created. 

Fitted one designed for the MT10, it didn’t take much to modify it. 

It splits the air beautifully and can’t get over how smooth the air flow is and how much quieter it is. I also think it’s the way the original should always have looked like. 

I must admit, I much prefer bugs all over me than to put up with that badly designed stocker  

63B93D2D-29DB-41AE-9596-9E766E785534.jpeg

That looks really good!

On 8/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Ride365 said:

I still really like my MRA, for me it's been an all around stellar choice.

Me too. Best one I’ve tried. I’m toying with the idea of trying the MRA sport screen. 

• Thumbsup 1

Puig touring on mine. It is the barn door, for sure. For winter riding, it will be perfect to keep the frigid wind away. Not a summer screen unless you don't like wind to cool. 5'11" bugs hit me mid helmet while in low position. I don't know why anyone would want it fully cranked up. No way you can adjust height while riding anyway; too much pressure. For hot riding, use something else. 

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so what the heck is up with this?

Went for my first real (I’ve been on night shift) ride yesterday with the MRA touring screen. Out of town, curves, hills, countryside, etc. First thought was, “Why is this so loud?” I could barely hear my music. 

Decided to do some experimenting today and did the same ride with the stock screen. I’ll be damned if it wasn’t quieter. More turbulent, but quieter and it was easier to hear my music. 

???

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, pokey074 said:

OK, so what the heck is up with this?

Went for my first real (I’ve been on night shift) ride yesterday with the MRA touring screen. Out of town, curves, hills, countryside, etc. First thought was, “Why is this so loud?” I could barely hear my music. 

Decided to do some experimenting today and did the same ride with the stock screen. I’ll be damned if it wasn’t quieter. More turbulent, but quieter and it was easier to hear my music. 

???

Since I bought this bike I have not seen any reviews of the experience with a smaller windscreen. So I took a chance and got one, hoping to recreate my experience with my previous BMW S1000R. It comes close. The video review will drop on my YouTube channel on Sunday. 🙂

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

19 hours ago, Grumpy Goat said:

Since I bought this bike I have not seen any reviews of the experience with a smaller windscreen. So I took a chance and got one, hoping to recreate my experience with my previous BMW S1000R. It comes close. The video review will drop on my YouTube channel on Sunday. 🙂

My next ride I’ll test out the Givi sport screen. Might try the MRA sport screen too. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 10:11 AM, PhotoAl said:

I'm 5' 10" and have put 11,000 miles on the bike since September.  Have a couple of thousand with OEM and then MRA.  Started with all MRA then added deflector.  Good combination and not expensive.  Back was Madstad but didn't go to it.

I'm also 5' 10" and also have a MRA. Quality is excellent, but wind blast just hits me wrong. I have to tuck down a little for it to be effective and quiet. I also tried spacing the top mounts out 3/8" , but no improvement. What deflector did you use on yours? Debating whether to get a Madstad for the cold, and keep the MRA for summer.

Edited by sandman900

This is interesting as I have the stock Tracer 9 screen and I am 5'9".  I find that this screen gives me more wind protection than all the other screens I've used on several bikes.  Almost all the wind noise is generated by my helmet, if I tilt my head down a bit the noise fades away.  I have my screen in about the middle position which seems to work the best.  I tried the MRA spoiler but it made a lot of buffeting in most positions.

The best screen I had was on a Windjammer fairing and it was huge, sort of like a GoldWing.