What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

6 minutes ago, betoney said:

Neither the heated grips or MCCruise would wire into that circuit so not to worry.  Its a 2A circuit so you wouldn't want to wire in heated gear but lights and a GPS are fine.

I have my heated gear ran through my battery tender SAE lead which is direct wired to the battery.  The heated grips are on their own circuit and the auxiliary plugs are on a separate circuit, I have the 12v outlet plug, Denali running lights and a GPS all on the switched auxiliary circuit without issues.

i really need to do better in understanding the electrical side of this bike. I usually get lost in wiring diagrams. appreciate the response though, you've done a few upgrades I'm strongly considering after suspension is done.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, Hyena said:

i really need to do better in understanding the electrical side of this bike. I usually get lost in wiring diagrams. appreciate the response though, you've done a few upgrades I'm strongly considering after suspension is done.

I don't understand wiring diagrams either, that's why it is so nice that Yamaha added extra switched outlets behind the screen.  For simpletons like me its simple to just get a plug  and connect to the provided outlets.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 2/4/2020 at 9:24 PM, draco_1967 said:

I finished up all the electrical add-ons for now:

MC Cruise

VisionX Optimus 10* spots on Givi light mount

Fuzeblock

W&S dual heat-troller

Halocam M1 dash cam

Dual USB port

Here is the light setup dimmed to 20% with a Skene dimmer. Goes 100% with the high beam. 

jODWGqP7sj7ZQw5uDweb2lp72ZApL7gMfljamH8-

Now I wish all the white stuff on the ground would go away!

How did you do the wiring for those?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mellow said:

How did you do the wiring for those?

The lights?

They are wired according to Skene's directions, except to get the high beam trigger, I had to tap into the high beam indicator light and feed it through the negative path of a 4-post relay. There is a thread or two here about that process with a good wiring diagram for it. I used the wire for the dash indicator light, not the actual high beam wire. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
17 hours ago, Patch Kit said:

Some of the posts on here regarding using these ports refer to the "dummy" connector that is snapped in to these accessory ports. These should be thought of less as "dummy" connectors, and more as empty connectors. All they need to become fully-functioning is the male terminals available at cycleterminal.com. See pic below. Crimp these on the end of your wire along with one of the rubber boots, and these snap right in to the empty connector attached to the accessory port connector behind the windscreen.

Exactly what I did to wire in the USB power outlet that I just installed.   I initially assumed they were just a protective cap, but a quick look confirmed that they are indeed full-function connectors, just needing to push out the rubber filler plugs & insert the new pin terminals & seals.   

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, Patch Kit said:

Some of the posts on here regarding using these ports refer to the "dummy" connector that is snapped in to these accessory ports. These should be thought of less as "dummy" connectors, and more as empty connectors. All they need to become fully-functioning is the male terminals available at cycleterminal.com. See pic below. Crimp these on the end of your wire along with one of the rubber boots, and these snap right in to the empty connector attached to the accessory port connector behind the windscreen.

Well, holy crap, I learn something new every day...  I thought those were merely a protective cap.(slaps forehead)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AlphaMayle said:

Took my recently acquired FJ out for a spin today! Ordered black widow exhaust last night and will be sending ECU off this weekend.

I have a Black Widow exhaust on mine. I love it. I think you'll be happy.

IMG_20180210_111628.jpg

• Like 2
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member

I think I may be fondling the FJ this weekend.  Temps in NY supposed to hit close 60 and it's time for the spring startup.  I've got a new clutch, master cylinder and R1 Rotors to test :)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

8 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

@Patch Kit Oh No! saw your pictures and caught myself thinking .."Oh...that actually looks good...." NOOOOOOO! 

AM I going over to the dark side? 🙂 🙂 

Do it. Do it now.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)