What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
42 minutes ago, koth442 said:

I rode to work. I honestly don't remember the last time I threw a leg over the FJ. It's been months. 

That’s too long...  glad you were able to ride today. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, texscottyd said:

There’s nothing else quite like them...  These were from a ‘tortas y tacos’ trailer set up in the parking lot of an abandoned dollar store.   

God I miss the southwest.  BITD we'd get 5 rolled guac tacos for a buck

• Thumbsup 1

Put in LED indicator bulbs, waaaay to bright, so ordered some duller ones.

Had to grind off one pin as the Yamaha holders have an offset pin arrangement.

• Thumbsup 1

And so it begins....
Took delivery of my first shiny new bits today.

Bar Risers (from Turkey) and a Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn upgrade.

20200709_120842.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

@StewI think you will be very happy with the sound bomb. It takes a little bit of messing around with the mounting position to make sure have clearance with the fender on full fork compression.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

@StewI think you will be very happy with the sound bomb. It takes a little bit of messing around with the mounting position to make sure have clearance with the fender on full fork compression.

Thanks, I'll have a fiddle around with it tomorrow and make sure it is as out of the way as I can get it.

All my farkle stuff arrived this week.   Should keep me busy for a few days!  

Zumo 396

Yamaha Touring screen (may be adding a Laminar lip, we'll see)

FJR rubber-topped foot pegs

Heli bar riser

Adventuretech mirror extenders

EBC front brake pads

Conformax gel/foam seat insert.

Engine guards

Woot.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, jdavis said:

Put in LED indicator bulbs, waaaay to bright, so ordered some duller ones.

Had to grind off one pin as the Yamaha holders have an offset pin arrangement.

Bright is Right! I spliced 3-wire oem fronts into the rear, dazzling with an auxiliary brake like too!  The LED "bulb" on the left is what I installed, the other was NOT bright enough for ME 😎

20170626_191741.jpg

20170626_194917.jpg

20170626_195620.jpg

20170616_192201.jpg

20170616_192308.jpg

20160824_185446.jpg

20160824_185454.jpg

20160825_150941.jpg

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, jdavis said:

I just used normal bulb replacements, but I have now ordered ones with less LED's.

s-l1600.jpg

Reread my post, I edited it after you replied.  Our TS/RL sockets take the base in my pics...not bayonet you showed

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Reread my post, I edited it after you replied.  Our TS/RL sockets take the base in my pics...not bayonet you showed

TS/RL? 

Wait, which socket do the stock signals take?  I've been wondering about grabbing some ridiculously bright signals for a while, and would like to get ones that maintain the running light functionality and ideally have load resistors to avoid having to replace the flasher and faff around with wiring.   But I'm not really sure what bulbs we need, and these pictures are confusing :)

Edit: checked the service manual, and of course it just lists bulb wattage, not actually which bulbs are needed.

Edited by Wintersdark

• Premium Member

I can try to send you links for the Flasher which I showed which is basically plug-and-play except you have to reverse who leads in the plug of the Flasher

Both of the LED bulbs I showed fit one is brighter than the other I use the brighter one on the left in order to have running lights in the rear you need some OEM or aftermarket 3 wire turn signals I used OEM

if you don't care about running lights in the rear you can still use the same bulbs in the rear is the front which work on a 3-wire and maintain the running light it just won't function in the rear

Not sure when I'll get you the links though but it's easy enough on eBay I'll at least get you the type of bulb which is a standard size plus or minus 5 mm the one that I got is even longer and it works fine the shorter less bright one works okay too

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I can try to send you links for the Flasher which I showed which is basically plug-and-play except you have to reverse who leads in the plug of the Flasher

Both of the LED bulbs I showed fit one is brighter than the other I use the brighter one on the left in order to have running lights in the rear you need some OEM or aftermarket 3 wire turn signals I used OEM

if you don't care about running lights in the rear you can still use the same bulbs in the rear is the front which work on a 3-wire and maintain the running light it just won't function in the rear

Not sure when I'll get you the links though but it's easy enough on eBay I'll at least get you the type of bulb which is a standard size plus or minus 5 mm the one that I got is even longer and it works fine the shorter less bright one works okay too

Awesome!   I'm fine with the stock setup (running in front), and just using the same bulbs front and rear.  I suppose a stock set of front indicators would work in the rear to add running in the rear too though.   Thanks!

I got to thinking about LED's today, and remembered I had this set in a box, from an aborted project 2 bikes ago.  The remote needs a super obscure 27A battery - spent a bit of time googling around for it, just to realize it's a tiny 12v battery.  12v!  So, the remote is gonna get hardwired to the bike's battery, and I'm going to run a couple buttons to the handlebars soldered to the board.  

I did this thing, then:

270616594_Ididapurplething.thumb.jpg.d317f19f64717b5eac9f1f82527f2f39.jpg368523841_Andabluething.thumb.jpg.75e861c9a713ff0269894addecab5e38.jpg

And, of course, because if you're going to do something incredibly dumb, you need to go All The Way:

They all turn red when you press on the brake pedal, too, because why not?  Just mocked up right now (wiring all on top of the bike as I move stuff around to test it out) but I think I'm gonna keep this.  

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1