What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
15 hours ago, WKE002 said:

I did not do anything to my Tracer today or yesterday, BUT TODAY onwards , i can/will do something with my Tracer GT, freshly delivered ! Looking forward to many rides and looking forward to contribution on these splendid forum and to those Guru's /Riders here, Thanks! , whom has contributed, look forward to absorbing more input. 

home.jpeg

Congrats!   The single best thing you can do to a Tracer is to bring it home to your own garage.   :)  

Welcome to the club...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, rodb47 said:

I did this same thing with my Puig Touring screen and got zero benefit. Went back to stock hardware.

I'm sure it will have zero effect on my summer fly screen and I probably wont swap to my winter screen until Oct/Nov to get an opportunity to try it out.  Worst case, I spent a couple of bucks to tinker in the garage for awhile.🤷‍♀️

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, betoney said:

I'm sure it will have zero effect on my summer fly screen and I probably wont swap to my winter screen until Oct/Nov to get an opportunity to try it out.  Worst case, I spent a couple of bucks to tinker in the garage for awhile.🤷‍♀️

Here's what mine looked like. Pretty big gap.

image.png.c861a3b3027405fda8f38a3a7af1571b.png

• Thanks 1

Over the last week I threw on:

• Givi Crash bars
  • RAM Tough-Charge X Grip Qi charging phone mount
  • Custom mounting solution to keep the phone off the bars to avoid nasty vibrations (check the "Phone Mount" thread)
  • Adjusted Front end sag (zip tie method) and did as close as I could on the rear (I am ~245# so pretty much just full preload.) 
  • Tightened some bolts that were coming loose  (specifically the ones on the bar ends for the brush guards. )
  • and Cleaned the bike a bit. 

Sweet mother of tarmac....My goodness it that rear axle nut on TIGHT from the factory (dealer?). I went to install my new Gilles adjusters and axle nut and it took darn near 15 minutes of wrenching, pleading, praying and cursing to get that blasted nut off. Even my 1/2" impact wrench at 90psi couldn't get that thing off. Took several rounds of penetrating fluid, a breaker bar, and an, uh, "extension". There's no way in H.E double hockey stick that thing was torqued down right. At any rate, I finally prevailed and was able to get my new bling on. People were right. These 2020s need a bit of gold. Oh, and before you say anything, I took this picture before I tightened or torqued down anything, so I'm perfectly aware the nut isn't tightened up to the swingarm. I put a big "NO" stickie on the dash to remind me not to go anywhere until I'm done. But it's blasted HOT out there today in SC.

IMG_20200717_144705.jpg

IMG_20200717_144651.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, TheBigG said:

I added mirror extenders from Cosmo accessories. 40mm. Looks OEM and now I see behind me. Yeeey! :)

uM3An4Y.jpg

YcP9z1h.jpg

Oh! I like those a lot more than mine! Similar offset, but more natural looking!

1532215964_20200713_1249212.jpg.9744924b63c8cf0e85fd186fe3127dbc.jpg

Where did you get them?

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, SKYFLIX said:

My goodness it that rear axle nut on TIGHT from the factory (dealer?). 

Yeah, those rear axle nuts are ridiculously tight.  Do a forum search; you'll find some very impassioned postings...

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, betoney said:

I had read about using spacers to extend the screen from the mount to allow airflow behind the screen.  (possibly to eliminate a vacuum, dead air or buffeting? who knows).  Supposedly it is the same principal as screens that have slots cut in them to allow airflow.  Its worth a shot right? no risk, no reward.

I did something similar over the winter. The extra spacers and bolts in my PIAA light might kit fit perfectly under my Givi screen so I replaced one with the other to push the screen forward. Definitely moved the airflow above my helmet so I was a tiny bit warmer. Not any quieter, surprisingly. The top of the windscreen was in my field of view.  Not a big deal commuting, but distracting on fun rides.

I do commute into the high 20s so I'll probably do it again around Thanksgiving. I'll put the big Givi handguards on at the same time.

On topic - ordered a Spot device so my wife worries less and replaced my old Garmin GPS with a 396LMTS. Garmin still sucks, just in different ways. 

• Thumbsup 1

chopped the stock windscreen and painted the bottom black.  Not sure how I feel about the paint.  Had I had a second chance I would have gone with a color that matches more.  But I am gonna leave it for now.  

windscreen.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, betoney said:

If you were just riding highway miles the 17T wouldn't be too bad in the Mid-West or Florida, definitely not for anywhere with elevation changes or twisty riding where quick acceleration is necessary.

I forgot to mention I also tried one down in front separately. Didn't try it with the 47

I'm not clear what Winter'sdark is saying the difference between a tracer and an FJ.

My FJ has the shorter swingarm and calls for a 104 chain with the 16:45.

What length chain comes on the Tracer with the longer swingarm because I don't recall having a problem with enough adjustment going with only the 47 on the rear and certainly not one up on the front nor down of course.

What's wrong with your arm or is it your shoulder kid? I need another rotator cuff done on my right which is my strong arm and they phucked up my left

of course I'm also trying to get stuff done before I have spinal fusion and decompression at the end of the summer so anything I do between now and then I'd have to be able to test

its just getting on and off the bike lol once I'm on it's a couch

Then of course my neck probably should be done before my shoulder anyway but we'll see, I'm optimistic, I'm young LOL

And I have the 22 mm spacers off the Givi touring screen which holds out their mounting bracket I use along with some washers to play around with the underflow on it, as well as also use for a copy of the OEM screen but thicker and double bubble which I also put a spoiler on. For my little bikini screen which doesn't really matter. Spacers do allow more room for your Heads Up Display Devices besides possibly better flow.

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

What's wrong with your arm or is it your shoulder kid? I need another rotator cuff done on my right which is my strong arm and they phucked up my left

I had surgery to repair the tendon, they removed the tendon from the bone on the elbow, cleaned up any bone spurs and then smoothed out the tendon tissue.  They had to insert an anchor into the bone to reattach the tendon.  Most of the rest of the Summer consists of physical therapy.

• Sad 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 hours ago, betoney said:

I had surgery to repair the tendon, they removed the tendon from the bone on the elbow, cleaned up any bone spurs and then smoothed out the tendon tissue.  They had to insert an anchor into the bone to reattach the tendon.  Most of the rest of the Summer consists of physical therapy.

Yikes!! Doesn't sound pleasant. Hope its a speedy recovery. 

• Thanks 1

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, betoney said:

Bummer but good luck with your pt and recovery.  Unbeknownst to me, the older dick surgeon who did my shoulder cut the upper end of one of my two bicep tendons but didn't reattach farther down as was the norm, so besides being painful sometimes and loosing half the strength it looks weird.