What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Had my usual between-service oil and filter change at ~4400km from new, in preparation for my upcoming long trip. Not that gear-changes were rough or clunky before, but I did feel on the 65km ride home that all was very smooth and easy, but riding the M1 Freeway with very few gear-changes necessary I may have been kidding myself, or it might have been the placebo effect.   Whatever, I'll take it.

Red-letter day today – saw my first other out-of-captivity Tracer on the road, except for a planned meet-up with two other Traceristas here many weeks ago- suncoaster and kimmie (hi!). Where are they all…? 

This sighting was actually of a Tracer being ridden out of the dealership's forecourt as I rode in, but it counts!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Fit up the partshark Xsr slip/assist clutch this arvo, out with the old and in with the new in under an hour and a half including burrito time! The kit didn't come with the three different thickness plates for adjusting the pack thickness but mine was bang on the money even with the old plates (37k)
It was very straight forward and no issues at all. I would recommend a map/gas torch for loosening the loctited hub nut.
I think partshark will be my go to for Yamaha bits from now on. The clutch is now silly light especially with my hydraulic conversion and has a very good feel. First proper test ride tomorrow!

DSC07325.jpg

Swapped out the stock bars for Protaper Evo Adventures.  I took the bike out for a nice long ride and I like them a lot.  To me they're a lot more comfortable and my arms feel like they're in a more natural position.  I screwed up my right wrist real bad in a motorcycle accident a few years ago (luckily I'm a lefty) and though the stock bars were OK my wrist would bug me bug me during long rides.  It probably wouldn't have bothered me much if it weren't my throttle hand.   

• Premium Member
Rode it about 100 miles today. Starting to get a little cooler out in the early morning. FJ09 just hums along. When I need to pass, I just roll on the throttle and she responds beautifully. Such a flickable bike in the turns. Just a joy to ride. I've had this bike now for two years and no regrets whatsoever.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Supporting Member
Today I finished the installation of the Yamaha heated grips. First time I tried them it took forever for the grips to warm up. Man did they get hot!

• Supporting Member
Today I finished the installation of the Yamaha heated grips. First time I tried them it took forever for the grips to warm up. Man did they get hot!
Yes, they do.  I have ridden in mid- 30's (the other morning it was 35 degrees when I left the hotel in John Day, Oregon) and I could only use level 5 before having to shut them off for a short period. Between the grips and the [a href=https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/871/33406/Tourmaster-Synergy-2.0-Electric-Motorcycle-Vest-Liner-with-Collar]Tourmaster Synergy heated vest
[/a]riding in the 30's is nice and toasty.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Got Super Tenere blinkers installed, an RC carbon fiber front fender (installed my pyramid extender on it), and my new luggage setup from Hepco and Becker installed as well. Took a little of customizing, but I got the old givi luggage rack I had to work with the Hepco mounting plate. 
IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

• Premium Member

IMG_0188.jpg

I like the light.. Please elaborate..... 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA