What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I completed my exhaust mod on the stock box. Noticeably deeper/louder at idle. Sounds great until around 50mph, where I lose the sound of it due to wind and intake noise. Still very happy with the results, and it didn't cost me anything thanks to my TIG welding buddy.
41758874_271025797069758_5285810109383966720_n.jpg

Anyone knows why Yamaha rivets the left peg instead of using a cotter-pin?

To promote discussion on the forum I'm guessing.... been asked many times. I don't think we've come up with a logical answer yet.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Anyone know the meaning of life while you're at it?   undecided.png

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

To promote discussion on the forum I'm guessing.... been asked many times. I don't think we've come up with a logical answer yet.

without actually seeing the production line and how they assemble bikes and the various equipment used...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Fit some new tapered steering head bearings, new genuine pads in the front, new brake fluid front and rear and a fresh Michelin Road 5 on the front. I seem to be wearing front tyres out quicker than the rears. Must be my riding style because it was the same on my last bike. I’ll do the rear tyre in about 1000k’s when I relube the swingarm and linkage bearings.
Nice! And how do you like the new bearings? Notice any less head shake? 
-Skip

Funny you should say that I actually did! But I did drop the forks through from flush 6mm. The nitron shock in the rear has been raised slightly too which also helped. Stable as now even on the windy country roads behind semi trailers.

Easy! It’s a throwback to the era of sidecars on motorbikes. These are mounted on the right hand side, so they make it easy to remove the right footpeg to attach the sidecar when you want to clip it on and easy to replace when you remove the sidecar. 
The left peg stays put, so is riveted.

For example: https://www.cyclesidecar.com/attach-to-enfield/

Ahem: this may be absolute BS, but is good a theory as any 

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member

Easy! It’s a throwback to the era of sidecars on motorbikes. These are mounted on the right hand side, so they make it easy to remove the right footpeg to attach the sidecar when you want to clip it on and easy to replace when you remove the sidecar. 

Accurate or not it sounds as plausible as anything... I salute you and from this day forward i will go with your explanation when the subject comes up. 

Let’s go Brandon

Installed Puig footpegs. Found the adapters for $5 on amazon Warehouse and then got the footpegs for about $60 from ebay.  

I'd love to hear your impressions of the pegs. I'm looking for new ones, and those caught my eye (in blue, of course).

Accurate or not it sounds as plausible as anything... I salute you and from this day forward i will go with your explanation when the subject comes up.
Surely this theory - neat tho' it is - is shot-down when considering that a sidecar may be mounted on one side of a m/cycle when in countries that drive (correctly) on the left and on the other side when in a country that drives on the right?  I couldn't imagine Yamaha being so engrossed with possible sidecar attachments that they'd swap around the rivet/ clevis pin footpeg attachment according to country of destination.   And BTW - I don't recall when I last saw a s/car combo on the road...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.