What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Changed oil after a 150-mile ride and thought I would share my clever mounting of the Saddleman Sport Tunnel Bag.   
and PICTURES! because it happened.

IMG_E1076.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_E1077.jpg

That tail bag looks perfect! What is the model #(standard or wide) and do the tie downs come with?

Changed oil after a 150-mile ride and thought I would share my clever mounting of the Saddleman Sport Tunnel Bag.   
and PICTURES! because it happened.

IMG_E1076.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_E1077.jpg

That tail bag looks perfect! What is the model #(standard or wide) and do the tie downs come with?

This is the standard model. At first, I felt like it was too small, but after removing the grab rails and utilizing my bungee cord trick it settled in nicely. It does come with securing straps (more than what is pictured) but I felt like they would not do the job I needed. I also never carry passengers so I am not worried about frequent removal. The first shopping trip I put a 5 gal. jug of oil, a quart of oil, can of WD40 plus a few other necessities and still managed to close the lid without difficulty. Bought mine from Amazon, 2 Orange Harley LLC and it was here in no time plus they had the best price. Link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0041QFOWI/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Technically, was yesterday, not today...but, calibrated my new McGuire cruise control (which I installed on Monday), and then went for a nice semi-long ride. Started in San Jose, taking 101 to 380, to 280, to 1, to the Great Highway along San Francisco's Ocean Beach. Then headed across the Golden Gate Bridge, continued on 101 northbound to Novato, then 37 to Vallejo. After that, took 680 back to San Jose, with a "rest" in Danville at the recently-opened Starbucks Reserve.

Technically, was yesterday, not today...but, calibrated my new McGuire cruise control (which I installed on Monday), and then went for a nice semi-long ride. Started in San Jose, taking 101 to 380, to 280, to 1, to the Great Highway along San Francisco's Ocean Beach. Then headed across the Golden Gate Bridge, continued on 101 northbound to Novato, then 37 to Vallejo. After that, took 680 back to San Jose, with a "rest" in Danville at the recently-opened Starbucks Reserve.
I suppose that's a good way to test the cruise control. Hopefully you weren't in that awful south bay traffic. Ever done Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd? 
LINK

'15 FJ09

I suppose that's a good way to test the cruise control. Hopefully you weren't in that awful south bay traffic. Ever done Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd? 
LINK
No...a bit too far south. I have, however (on Kawasaki KLR650) ridden Hwy 1 up to Mendocino. I've only had the FJ for a little over 2 months, and am still in the "break-in" period. It's sitting around 550mi right now...I'm debating whether to take it in shortly after 600 mi, as some have indicated, or whether to wait until 1K mi, as others have indicated.

• Supporting Member
I'm debating whether to take it in shortly after 600 mi, as some have indicated, or whether to wait until 1K mi, as others have indicated.

Take it in?  just change the oil and filter and check the tightness of nuts and bolts around the bike. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I'm debating whether to take it in shortly after 600 mi, as some have indicated, or whether to wait until 1K mi, as others have indicated.

Take it in?  just change the oil and filter and check the tightness of nuts and bolts around the bike. 

I not exactly "mechanically inclined". Ask me to fix, or custom-build, a computer, and I can family do both...but anything beyond a motorcycle's electrical system, I know next to nothing.

I not exactly "mechanically inclined". Ask me to fix, or custom-build, a computer, and I can family do both...but anything beyond a motorcycle's electrical system, I know next to nothing.
Now's a great time to learn! Changing the oil on this bike is trivial because the drain plug , filter, and filler cap are easily accessible. 

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member

If you can custom build a computer, then you can read a manual.  Get the manual, read the specs, you can do this!  

• Supporting Member
Oil & filter change, including oil pan ‘de-finning’ and swap to the R1 drain plug. Also installed FZ9 bar end weights after removing the stock handguards.

And, since I was left unsupervised with internet access and a Paypal credit balance, some fun goodies are on the way: Pazzo adjustable levers, and a full set of Super Tenere factory turn signals.

• Supporting Member
If you can custom build a computer, then you can read a manual.  Get the manual, read the specs, you can do this!  

And at the very least, remember: GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!!
If it has been thought of, it is on Google. 

Another source of instruction is YouTube videos, - they show you how to do basic maintenance, oil and filter change, chain adjustment, handlebar and lever position adjustments, brake pad replacement etc.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

finally put the red beast thru its paces at the drag strip for this weekends Import vs Domestic races... Im racing in the bracket class(dial-in)... outta 7 passes tonight during test and tune I kept getting 11.5-11.55s @125mph in the 1/4 mile... funny part was the tech guy was pretty sure these little triple 850 motors will make the FJ-09 break 10secs in the 1/4mile ???... track was so darn sticky I could still see tire winkle marks left behind from drag radials- need to go another day when the prep is hardly done...

avg 1/8 mile times was 7.45s @100mph

*** not stock gearing*** front is 15T not 16T(stock)***

bike+me=625#...me=185#...Bike= 440#..

time to build one of these...

bikepics-2710366-full.jpg

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

...Yamaha helmet lock that I rekeyed to the ignition switch key... 

What do you use to re-key it? I was told that I wasn't able to so I've been carrying an extra key around...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA