What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 1moreroad said:

Got to ride one at the moto show. Really enjoyed my time on it. Did you try a Thruxton? The clip ons look low but that Thruxton suspension looks like nice. 

I’m really excited about this one!  I did look at a Thruxton, but my knees and the fuel tank didn’t seem to get along.  The more relaxed ergonomics of the Speed Twin suit my 6’1” frame much better… it actually kinda feels like my FJ. 

In the back of my mind, I’m thinking suspension upgrades may be in order at some point.   I’ll ride it for awhile and then decide what to do. 

So.... it was somewhat of a sad day. I traded my '15 FJ in on a 2018 Multistrada 1260 S Touring.  I've always been interested in a Multistrada so I pulled the trigger on one. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason (mainly maintenance or reliability issues) then I plan to trade to new Tracer 9 GT. Time will tell. The FJ was and still is a fantastic bike. I will still be around the forum as a moderator or if I see any questions I can help with.

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 3

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Kenny A. said:

I fitted the Pyramid hugger extender to the OEM,but this is longer, albeit by about 1".

Every little helps.👍

On my 15 it extends back to the center of the axle but doesn't on yours because its swing arm is about 4 inches longer.

You have a LOT of red, max conspicuity 

Of course red is my favorite color...

My 72 H2 Mach IV is unfortunately blue...

IMG_0015.jpg

FLC 88 BA Hawk GT L.jpg

BA's old 81 Kawi GPz550D1.jpeg

BA 1960 Matchless G80CS Cafe circa 1979 c.jpg

1977-Yamaha-Rd400C Perfect.jpg

20210815_184819.jpg

20220630_152107.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Agreed,I do have a lot of red. The Redline is a very nice shade of red. IMO. Not forgetting it being the fastest colour of course. 😊😊

• Haha 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, 2NDCHILDHOOD said:

I stumbled across that hugger online the other day. I liked it but wasn't sure I wanted to buy one. Your pictures just convinced me to give up the cash. I have thought about and like everything you have done on your bike. Hope you don't mind but I am taking notes and have a couple of questions. What models are they and how do you like them:

Seat (looks like stock heated comfort); belly pan; bag rack; mirror extenders? You can send a private message if you like.

Thanks in advance! Your bike looks great!

Seat is stock comfort (not heated), belly pan is Pyramid, bag rack is stock, mirror extenders are Evotech. You can get the same style of extenders on ebay, much cheaper. 👍

Thanks for comments.👍

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 8:56 PM, Kenny A. said:

Installed my Pyramid hugger/chainguard. These are supplied painted in all 9 GT colours. Excellent quality and finish. 👍

@Kenny A. May I ask where you got these? I'm selling my 2019 and the finish on these is completely gone. 

image.thumb.png.16d340544059fa36e21191f0c57c5390.png

• Supporting Member

@petshark I got these from ebay. A seller from Italy,that I have bought from several times. Good quality stuff.👍

Az Graphishop is the seller.

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, Kenny A. said:

Seat is stock comfort (not heated), belly pan is Pyramid, bag rack is stock, mirror extenders are Evotech. You can get the same style of extenders on ebay, much cheaper. 👍

Thanks for comments.👍

Thanks Kenny! Ride it like you stole it...

200.gif

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Wasn't that supposed to be a DKW not a Triumph 

James Garner

Has anybody else read or seen interviews with James Garner!

Even though he was friends with Steve M he called him an action driven centric figure with little taste for prolonged dialog 

When Steve was young and he got in trouble he'd call Jim Jim and jim kind of treated him as his little brother

I can't remember which motorcycle online source it was but supposedly Jim called Steve a movie star not an actor Or something to that effect

I'm not taking anything away from Steve for us motorcyclist hes a God and rightfully so

he took it to the limit before anybody else

Jimmy Dean was a rocket that landed badly early

only cancer took Steve

• Premium Member

Even though I'm 18 + weeks post right rotator cuff surgery the pain is still bad and getting worse.  It used to hurt most when reclining and lieing down, as I've been told is common with shoulders.  But now small common movements cause stabbing pain, and my range of motion improvement hit a wall a month ago.  A post surgical shoulder MRI at 14 weeks was inconclusive. 

I thought I'd be riding by absolutely no later than the 4th of July.  The surgeon, after 3 related exams, thought my very messed up C3~6 disc's were a significant pain contributor so he had me have a right shoulder EMG and another cervical MRI.  I've not yet been able to see my neurosurgeon for his opinions but the EMG indicated I have carpal tunnel bad in my right wrist and elbow but nerve damage is not definitive to my shoulder. 

IMO something tore again in my shoulder and they should have also repaired my partially torn labrum instead of just debriding the tears.

I only provided the above update to explain why I have not yet ridden this season and a lead-in to the new albeit minor mod highlighted in 2 of the attached photos.

After my lumbar disc fusion last August I was riding again by November and only stopped on December 13th because I had my 3rd prostate surgery the next day. LOL!  Though winter would have shut me down anyway in December. 

But this has been the longest I've not ridden in 50 years and it's been driving me crazy, as the weather has been on average great.

So I'm contemplating riding Monday.

Dam the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

To test my shoulder, yesterday I pushed it off and pulled it back up on the center stand 4 times, and pushed and pulled it a bit around the shop.  Yes it hurt but nothing popped (more).

After completing the 3M reflective tape application, I added Techron to the already treated gas in the tank from 12-13-21.  It immediately fired and ran brilliantly, though the now almost 8 year old OEM Yuasa is showing signs that it wants to retire.

I thought about heading out today but I have to work and reinstall a windscreen.  I think I'll go with the OEM size double bubble with small spoiler. 

I've charged the Packtalk and BrakeFree, cleaned and treated the Hit-Air, and selected a wardrobe for Monday. 

I'll report back...

20220715_181717.jpg

20220715_181703.jpg

20220715_180111.jpg

20220715_175920.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
36 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

So I'm contemplating riding Monday.

Dam the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Oh, how I do know that feeling, Bret.   Take it easy, but I’m sure the mental health benefits of riding will be more than worth it.  Good luck to you!   

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Oh, how I do know that feeling, Bret.   Take it easy, but I’m sure the mental health benefits of riding will be more than worth it.  Good luck to you!   

From your lips to God's ear

What made it tougher all these months was over the Winter  I did my usual major maintenance  Including valves, front forks, Rear end  And a ton more But never test rode it because there was a foot and a 1/2 of snow outside.

Experiencing excruciating pain like I've never felt before from my latest prostate surgery

but not really from the surgery, from the skin blistering in reactiong to the tape they used to affix to my left inner thigh the double Sized catheter, which is a story unto itself.

My left shoulder shoulder repair, though they didn't reattach the long head bicep tendon went pretty well; though I occasionally get pinch-like cramps clipping my nails.  Which they call popeye syndrome from cutting the bicep tendon.  But they say it needs to be fixed again though it's not really giving me pain me pain for the last 11 years?

I can't say enough about my Urologist's care.  Fantastic guy from Canada of all places.   Requires you stay in the hospital for 3 days afterwards, sometimes 4 but he has a much much lower percentage of complications by doing that.   I'm sure the insurance companies aren't happy about that but I have medicare so screw Em.  I live half a mile from the hospital so at least my wife and kids could come by even during covid.

My neural surgeon who did my back and who may do my neck, Is also very good

And having PT a half a mile away means I can be there in less than 5 minutes.

Onward n upward

I've got major trepidations on one hand but realize I have to test myself on the other.

• Thumbsup 2