What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Dpl900 said:

Hello to the team! The installation of the new one was done chain and gears

-Did 520 zvmx gold 118 links

-Afam RLK light front & rear sprocket!

IMG_20220714_120005.jpg

IMG_20220714_120829.jpg

Exactly what I run, well almost.  Same chain but fewer links becuz on a 15 the swing arm is shorter.  I'm on my 3rd 520 but go up the equivalent of 2 teeth in the rear for torquer feel.  Spins up faster too and less unsprung weight, with about the same longevity as 525 and cheaper.  I wonder if AFAM private labels for Sprocket Center here as their Superlite brand steel sprockets because they appear very similar.

https://sprocketcenter.com/i-30499330-520-conversion-kit-superlite-rsx-sprocket-set-with-choice-of-chain-yamaha-fj-09.html#!year%3DSTREET||make%3DYAMAHA||model%3DFJ-09 2015-2018

Coincidentally we were going to carry out from our favorite Greek restaurant last night but the wait was over an hour.  Place is a gold mine even during Covid.  Very nice owner but the waits even on weeknights are 40 minutes.

χρησιμοποιήστε το με καλή υγεία

20201119_161509.jpg

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
On 7/12/2022 at 12:21 PM, texscottyd said:

0DD17ED4-5633-4DDD-8535-EC1324FCA131.thumb.jpeg.fc18035b215c3e940fc1252c3a65d159.jpeg

Very cool... and something different. 👍

I always liked the standards and would probably opt for one as a second bike.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, piotrek said:

Very cool... and something different. 👍

I always liked the standards and would probably opt for one as a second bike.

Thanks!   I’ve had a thing for sport standards going all the way back to my CB400F and GPz550.   The style of this one really caught my eye, with just the right mix of modern and retro.  

What impresses me most (so far) is that it’s a genuinely fantastic bike to ride, with no excuses or compromises in the name of style.  Form AND function… yes please! 

BC43520F-A74B-41E0-B22D-466EAF036437.thumb.jpeg.03230d4cfd4935abc2ca60bb85a01497.jpeg

4AD50ED7-886D-4A1E-BB80-85ABEFBD4DAE.thumb.jpeg.0ecdd6e1d229a65fd0dd5ada95104ba8.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

If I had the money and room for a yet another bike this  Speed twin would be near the top of my list. I've saton one and rocked it side to side But never had an opportunity to try one, the new 22 looks great.

Please report back with with your impressions once you have a few 100 miles on it.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 7/12/2022 at 6:16 PM, duhs10 said:

I traded my '15 FJ in on a 2018 Multistrada 1260 S Touring.  I've always been interested in a Multistrada so I pulled the trigger on one.

Hey @duhs10 - Any initial thoughts on the new-to-you Multistrada?   I suspect it will be an amazingly competent motorcycle.  

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Hey @duhs10 - Any initial thoughts on the new-to-you Multistrada?   I suspect it will be an amazingly competent motorcycle.  

Unfortunately the day after purchasing it I tested positive for COVID... so I was quarantined in the basement for almost a week and haven't had much time in the saddle.

However I was able to take 1 ride on it for about an hour...

Initial thoughts...

- Multistrada OEM Seat is WAY more comfortable than OEM FJ (no surprise).

- Seating position and handlebar position is very similar.

- On paper it has significantly more power, however in the seat it doesn't feel much faster than the FJ.  It does have a little more tractor feel to the bottom in, but it really prefers to be above 4000 RPM.

- Engine not as smooth, but not as high frequency. So there are vibrations (it is a 1262cc twin) but not buzzy like the triple was.

- I got the S model so it has the Skyhook active suspension. Feels fantastic. Smooth, stable, easily adjustable.

- Quick shifter is fantastic.

- Also LOVE the bronze wheels.

Some negatives....

- Closest Ducati service center is 1.5 hours away.

- Feels heavier walking around the garage, but seems nimble while riding.

- Unable to clear service interval lights on my own.

- Don't like having a key fob instead of a key to insert.

I will keep you guys updated about my opinion/differences as I come across them.

20220710_122057.jpg

20220710_122501.jpg

20220710_122543.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, duhs10 said:

>Unfortunately the day after purchasing it I tested positive for COVID... so I was >quarantined in the basement for almost a week and haven't had much time in the >saddle.

Well damn that sucks.  Sorry to hear.  It's been going around my work lately.  Luckily I've been able to thread the needle.

>- I got the S model so it has the Skyhook active suspension. Feels fantastic. Smooth, >stable, easily adjustable.

>- Quick shifter is fantastic.

I have a Monster 1200S and mine has the Ohlins front/rear.  Mega adjustable and positively sublime in the twisties.  Yeah, that QS is butter smooth on mine also.  When I get on the Tracer after riding the Monster I have to remind myself it's only upshifts (why Yamaha??)

>- Closest Ducati service center is 1.5 hours away.

Where do you mean, the new WOW/Ducshop merger?

4 hours ago, 3sum said:

The Wow / Ducshop and Mountain Motorsports Roswell are the only 2 I know of... I live on the southside so both are over an hour from me with no traffic.

They had a 2013 Pike's Peak Multistrada 1200 at the dealer with the Ohlins... I contemplated hard on that one, but it had a lot more miles and the 1260 engine has much longer service intervals.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, duhs10 said:

The Wow / Ducshop and Mountain Motorsports Roswell are the only 2 I know of... I live on the southside so both are over an hour from me with no traffic.

They had a 2013 Pike's Peak Multistrada 1200 at the dealer with the Ohlins... I contemplated hard on that one, but it had a lot more miles and the 1260 engine has much longer service intervals.

I'm south too (Locust Grove).  From everything I've heard about MMS Roswell since getting the Monster, avoid them.  While I haven't been a WOW fan in the past, from what I've heard, all/most of Mark's crew from DucShop have migrated to WOW.  When it's time for service on my Monster.

I too chose the newer 1200 over the 1100 for the extended service intervals.

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, texscottyd said:

The style of this one really caught my eye, with just the right mix of modern and retro...

BC43520F-A74B-41E0-B22D-466EAF036437.thumb.jpeg.03230d4cfd4935abc2ca60bb85a01497.jpeg

The retro look really appeals to me, and i think the Triumph did this right... the bullet style turn signals and all. Kawasaki did a good job too with the Z. Yamaha XSR900 and Honda CB1000R are nice bikes, but miss the mark in the retro department IMO.

Now you need a new Bell Bullitt helmet, goggles and a scarf... enjoy! 😁

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif