What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

21 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Gas mileage is lower, but it's also lower on the car and the truck at the same time so maybe weather or gas.

I'll have a little more fun on Sunday after the rain passes through and the temps are back near 50.

My mileage always drops when the weather turns cold, especially with E10 fuel.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
On 11/22/2022 at 9:53 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

14 R1 front radial master cylinder and 320 mm rotors are icing on the cake

Can you say 2 finger stoppies!?

I still have one set of spacers left for the 320mm rotors conversion if anybody needs them. like to see them put to use and not collecting dust on the shelf. 

• Like 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
30 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

I still have one set of spacers left for the 320mm rotors conversion if anybody needs them. like to see them put to use and not collecting dust on the shelf. 

Somebody take him up on this... it's a great upgrade, and the caliper spacers are the only difficult part to source these days.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

I may take them off your hands as spares or for my VTR1000F front end swap.

How muchie?

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I may take them off your hands as spares or for my VTR1000F front end swap.

How muchie?

How's $40 shipped sound?

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
On 11/23/2022 at 5:29 PM, nhchris said:

My mileage always drops when the weather turns cold, especially with E10 fuel.

I only get nervous when one vehicle's mileage drops. When it's all 3 at the same time by about the same %, I figure it's the gas or environment. I don't buy gas at the same station or from the same brand either, tank to tank. 

Now the one time my old 250's mileage dropped in half and no other vehicle, I got nervous. Thankfully it was just 1 tank. Doesn't take long to run thru a 2 gallon tank at 25 mpg. 🥴

Finally got to ride my new Road 6 tires and K-Tech fork springs, feels like an entirely new bike now. Need to tweak preload/sag for sure, and probably tire pressure as well as rebound damping, but it rides dead straight and doesn't want to wiggle like it used to around 40mph.

For anyone wondering, I am about 185-190lbs in gear and did the following:

0.9n springs from K-Tech

5W Maxima fork oil at 130mm gap

Michelin Road 6 32F/38R

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3

Just replaced my factory chain and sprockets with 30.000 Km (~18.000 mi.)

Didn't realized until today how much deteriorated my chain was, almost half of the links were seized. It took me a long time because I wanted to clean up the swingarm and all the greasy gunk in the areas around the chain and the front sprocket.

It was my first time doing this kind of job and I'm really pleased, just get some quality tools and don't rush.

BTW: I also bought a set of Yamaha comfort seats for my GT, from a clearance sale of a Yamaha dealership in other town, for half their price! I hope they arrive tomorrow

Edited by miguelix
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, skipperT said:

2and3, just happened to see that your post above was the 10,000th reply to this thread. 
…Which is also a carry-over thread started way back when the FJ in bestest-Red first came out. 
neat. 

-Skip

When will I get and what will be my 10k prize?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

After temps in the 20s and then days of steady rain, it was 68 degrees this morning so I commuted my 55 miles to work this morning. 

December is looking like November with weather/temps ranging from late summer to middle of winter. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Serviced the forks today. Replaced bushings, seals, and oil. I also took the polish off the stanchions a bit with 600 grit paper. The fork oil gets replaced once a year, but this was a second round of full(er) fork service on this bike (every ~40K km). I used the RaceTech inner bushings last time, but decided to go back to OE. No reason, other than I was already buying other parts from my local dealer and it was just easier. I did notice that the OE bushings are higher gauge steel, with less flex than the RaceTech set. Can't say if one is better than the other.. just a bit different.

fork_service.thumb.jpg.b62ee191776e01a609497eefe00f58af.jpg

The shock will have to wait another year... haven't decided where to send it. Kinda wish it were DIY rebuild-able. The Nitron was inexpensive up front, but now I am over a barrel a bit. Fast Bike Industries (NA cerified service centre) is no more... sold to Andreani USA. Maybe Accelerated Technologies (local shop) will help me out. 🤔

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif