fivesteezy

To beak or not to beak .....

11 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Coming off a beaked BMW GS I'm not sure whether I like this effect or not - I'm leaning towards 'like', even though I know it's only 'bling' with little or no practical function.   I'd certainly want to see one installed before buying.

Click on the arrow at the top RH of the box for previous pic.

Edited by jdavis

On 1/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, Ahmed said:

This is less than $50 USD here 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/waase-MT09-Front-Wheel-Fender-Beak-Nose-Cone-Extension-Cover-Extender-Cowl-For-Yamaha-MT-09/32891590365.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.4bb02e0ei760SR

I haven't bought this one yet but I got few other stuff and they all arrived with no issues.......so far :)

Ahmed

Do you know or are you aware if by any chance this will fit the 2019 Tracer900?

Thank you all - it looks fine on the red Tracers shown here (britelitebob's two pix show the diff before and after very clearly), and I cannot now help wondering if it would better still if painted red to match.   Has anyone done this?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zakmilas said:

Ahmed

Do you know or are you aware if by any chance this will fit the 2019 Tracer900?

I am not sure, they should be the same but the ad is saying 2015,16 and 17.

You can buy it if you like it and I can buy it from you if it doesn't fit yours. This is a serious offer because I am hesitant to buy it but I kind of like it.

4 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Thank you all - it looks fine on the red Tracers shown here (britelitebob's two pix show the diff before and after very clearly), and I cannot now help wondering if it would better still if painted red to match.   Has anyone done this?

Maybe find a sheet of red vinyl that you can "wrap" the beek in (if you get one) that way if you don't like it all you have to do is pull the vinyl off... I personally don't thin it would look right as a red beak...... carbon fiber on the other hand would look nice.

Beaking is bad mmm Kay!   

Surgeon General's Warning:

- Beaking causes lung cancer, Heart Diease, Emphysema, may complicate pregnancy and is listed under Prop 65 in California...

OVERAGE SALE IS PROHIBITED 😆... 

Edited by norcal616

59 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

carbon fiber on the other hand would look nice.

Now there's an idea!   There is plenty of faux carbon on Gen 1 models (not sure about 2018s and beyond) and it might blend very nicely to have the beak carbonised to match.   In my case it would also complement the carbon-look cross-bar under the headlight that carries the two DRL LEDs...

• Like 1