What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JP3RKS said:

I added the Givi Windshield with the deflector lip. It's small and looks better than my V Stream Touring. However, I think I'm going to go with function over form and go back to the V Stream. 

$60 shipped. PM Me.

88D34C3E-F93A-497B-B08C-8CD6A649C1CF Large.jpeg

377E8BFB-A060-4171-9D0D-BEE6AC4E7D2C Large.jpeg

B1F9C3F0-966D-4150-81E3-25608FD1B2C6 Large.jpeg

I'm interested but will it fit my 15, and it looks in good condition but is it fairly scratch free?

Thx

Removed the Yamaha toaster oven and replaced with a Delkevic Exhaust. It's got a growl to it now! 

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

• Thumbsup 7
  • Like 1

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

On 5/20/2022 at 6:27 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

I'm interested but will it fit my 15, and it looks in good condition but is it fairly scratch free?

Thx

Yep! Mine is a 2016 so it's the same setup. 

replaced the front tire today. i think it was the easiest tire change i have ever done! used the tire spoons to pop the bead, then remove the tire from the rim. little spray of soapy water and popped the new tire on and back on the bike. took less than an hour after finding a 14mm hex socket. oh, and i ordered what i think is the only rubber dampened 15 tooth jt sprocket left in the world for it. i only found the one and its coming from latvia. this is the part# if anyone is curious. JTF1591.15RB

New LED turn signal/running lights for the front. Got them on Amazon for $18, spacers for $16, and TST industries plug converters for $12. Easy cheap mod. Next is Blaster-X integrated tail light and Motodynamic fender eliminator.

comparison.jpg

LED-turn.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member

Converted for a summer of commuting in the Deep South. Short windscreen, low position, and bar end weights instead of hand guards. Just in time for high temps to drop 15 degrees in a day and over 20 degrees in 3. :)

0522221722a~2.jpg

0522221722~2.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member

It finally happened. Since buying the Multistrada in February the FJ-09 has just been collecting dust in the garage. I posted it for sale on FB marketplace Friday, and about 24 hours later the new owner was loading it up in his trailer. He's a nice younger guy from Olympia, WA and I strongly encouraged him to join this forum.

It was truly bittersweet to see the FJ go. This was the best all around bike I've had in 30+ years of riding, and definitely the most reliable. I'm sure it will provide many more years of faithful service to the new owner.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, keithu said:

It finally happened. Since buying the Multistrada in February the FJ-09 has just been collecting dust in the garage. I posted it for sale on FB marketplace Friday, and about 24 hours later the new owner was loading it up in his trailer. He's a nice younger guy from Olympia, WA and I strongly encouraged him to join this forum.

It was truly bittersweet to see the FJ go. This was the best all around bike I've had in 30+ years of riding, and definitely the most reliable. I'm sure it will provide many more years of faithful service to the new owner.

Sounds like your new Multistrada is the best all around bike now. ;)

I'll admit I have some V4S jealousy! 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JP3RKS said:

Sounds like your new Multistrada is the best all around bike now. ;)

I'll admit I have some V4S jealousy! 

Yes, the V4S is fantastic. But for the price it better be! And we'll see if it's anywhere near as reliable as the Yamaha through 46k miles. So far, so good at 3k miles.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, keithu said:

Yes, the V4S is fantastic. But for the price it better be! And we'll see if it's anywhere near as reliable as the Yamaha through 46k miles. So far, so good at 3k miles.

And are the Ducatisti on the forums as nice as us? 8)

• Haha 2

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, petshark said:

As a former Ducati (and current Aprilia) owner, I can say with unwavering and arrogantly condescending certainty:  Nope!  :) 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, petshark said:

LOL no.

The FB groups are a shitshow, of course. I got called a wanker for stating I enjoy 1000+ mile days. But to be fair, the Tracer FB groups aren't much better.

I'm still in search of a useful web forum. I joined one, but it is light on value. If you ask about the best exhaust, tires, or carbon fiber bits you'll get dozens of replies. But ask about where to install a Fuzeblock for electrical farkles and it's crickets. I hope everyone appreciates the uniqueness of this Tracer forum.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Haha 1