What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
yes but can you get heated pussygrips?
Light a few candles, pour some wine, put Barry White on the stereo...
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Bought those on Ebay also. I hope they work: links
ULEWZ, did you ever installed them? I decided to wait for you to install it before I bought mine  P-)
The reference in your post is for the turn signal adapters, and yes, they work perfect on the front. Have not installed the rear turn signals yet. Waiting for a new set to arrive.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Put a 20 buck WOLO low tone horn on the bike! Plug and Play from local car parts store for 12V vehicles 1955 to present. WOLO recommends switching the signalling system fuse to 10A. The current 7.5A fuse seems to work fine with the motor running, all flashers, brake light and horn going simultaneously. The stocker was ignored by someone who blew a stop sign whilst talking on a cell phone the other day. Won't happen again. WAAAAAAAA! WAAAAA!

Alternative is "surface to surface destructive device" to remove offending vehicle and driver.  >:D
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member
Yesterday:

Removed the SW Motech crash guards and replaced with GIVI guards. The GIVI pieces offer engine case protection where the SW Motech do not. After seeing the carnage suffered by other members without some kind of engine case protection, I decided to step it up.

The GIVI units also provide more options for mounting highway pegs and aux lighting.

The SW Motech bars will be in the for-sale section soon.

• Premium Member
I installed Yamaha lowering links yesterday. Instructions call for dropping exhaust and rear tire to install or you can do as I did and leave everything on. It is a bit of a pain to find the right amount of pressure on rear tire so everything slides in and out easily. When lowering forks to match I found 2 of the pinch bolts only hand tight.
The drop is only about 5/8", but every bit helps when you have 29" inseam. So far have not noticed any difference in ride, but have not hit the twisties yet.

I put tires on the bike last week and when I was at the dealer I asked about a ticking noise I have when the bike is cold.So he did a vin number check.. no recall . Then the dealer said it might be a Cam chain tensioner, he orded the part and they changed it in about a half hour.The mechanic held the old tensioner and it did move under pressure with his hand and he told me it shouldn't move as much as it did. Now when I start the bike up no ticking at all and it didn't cost me a penny.

• Premium Member
Removed forks for shipment to Forks By Matt. Removed ECU for shipping to Vcyclenut. Removed foam above airbox while getting to the ECU.

Now for the hard part, waiting to put the bike back together so I can ride!

• Premium Member
Quick check of the bike - looks lovely. Wheel it back into the garage after a nice ride in the winter sunshine.

4218650.jpg  

4218651.jpg

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
wow wessie, Im thinking harder about a rad guard after those photos
I live in farming country - they are dragging sugar beet out of the fields now so local roads are covered in mud. Mud is a good protector against road salt. I don't think much of any weight gets flicked that high. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.