What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

4 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

This just arrived from Motostorm, Italy 🙂

Givi D2122S screen.  Have heard good things about this screen from those that are 'shaped' in a similar way to me so will be keen to fit and test out over the next week or so.  I like the look of it already 👍

Am running it on my GT. Looks better, offers good body protection but makes absolutely no difference in the height or amount of turbulence above the screen. 

• Supporting Member
17 hours ago, bugie said:

Am running it on my GT. Looks better, offers good body protection but makes absolutely no difference in the height or amount of turbulence above the screen. 

@bugie - I'm thinking that the little bit extra height - not much I know - over the stock screen will be good enough for me as I was just getting the top of my helmet in turbulence with the OEM at the highest setting but was getting buffeting around the body so with reports of less buffeting in the body this may well be the screen for me.

Sometime in the coming week I'll know one way or the other 🤔.

@dazzler24, you could always try adding a little deflector to the top of the screen if it is “almost” perfect, but just needs a tiny tweak.

• Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Just delivered by USPS!! Ordered from Omnia Racing on January 3rd. Should have gotten it Tuesday but it needed a signature and I was at work,  then the post office kind of misplaced it for a few days.

I've been listening to you guys singing praises about enhanced suspension, now I get to find out for myself. Might try the Andreani cartridges later.

Revzilla has these Razors for $795, then last month they were on sale for $715 but I hesitated too long and the price went back up. Checking online I found them at Omnia in Italy for $551 including shipping, so I thought why not? The only drawback was waiting a month to get it.

Anyhow I'll install this thing soon and see for myself what you guys have been raving about. 

20200201_144622.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, new1709rider said:

I've been listening to you guys singing praises about enhanced suspension, now I get to find out for myself. Might try the Andreani cartridges later.

Anyhow I'll install this thing soon and see for myself what you guys have been raving about.

You are going to love the improvement and yes, it will make you want to improve the front as well.  I have never heard anything negative about K-Tech. 👍

I have told this before but, I have a friend who always brushed me off whenever I would suggest improving his suspension, until he rode my bike.  We were on a multi-day roadtrip and swapped bikes, after about an hour of riding some mountain twisties I finally got him to give me my bike back.  He couldnt believe the difference between my bike and his stock setup.  The day after returning home from the trip he ordered a complete upgrade for his bike.  I wish every rider had the opportunity to compare stock to a well setup bike, just to see what potential for their bike is available.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, new1709rider said:

Just delivered by USPS!!

20200201_144622.jpg

Very nice!   You’re going to love it...  

I found this buried in my spares box today...  part of the ‘art’ of motorcycle suspension tuning in the early 90’s.  :)  

450A7237-62AB-40AD-8F1F-02A14224D66C.thumb.jpeg.2c8ed6f2c8773eb1bdd5164cfef9c124.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, BBB said:

@dazzler24, you could always try adding a little deflector to the top of the screen if it is “almost” perfect, but just needs a tiny tweak.

@BBB - Yes I had considered that, but in truth I would prefer to be without one if I can 'get away with it'.  Good suggestion though and if it is required I may have my arm twisted. 👍

Cheers.

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, new1709rider said:

Just delivered by USPS!! Ordered from Omnia Racing on January 3rd. Should have gotten it Tuesday but it needed a signature and I was at work,  then the post office kind of misplaced it for a few days.

Revzilla has these Razors for $795, then last month they were on sale for $715 but I hesitated too long and the price went back up. Checking online I found them at Omnia in Italy for $551 including shipping, so I thought why not? The only drawback was waiting a month to get it.

20200201_144622.jpg

Oh yes!  I remember when mine turned up,  I was like this guy............

Homer_razor.jpg.98a09d5740c5a452b704a87ae365e868.jpg

Seriously though, as others have said, you won't be disappointed!  Enjoy! 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

Went out to go for a ride...

And found I had forgotten to plug the tender back in last time.  And we've had some teens-to-single-digits cold snaps since then.

Battery was dead dead, nothing came on.  Jump pack, it started and ran, but when I cut the jump pack off it died.

Guess my next post will be installing a new battery.  Think I'll spring the extra for one of those Antigravity ReStart series batteries.

You need to bring that poor motorcycle into the house at night old son!

Edited by nhchris
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member

Installed a handlebar helmet lock.

Remove the rear bracket that forms half of the right hand side mirror/brake lever assembly and replace it with the compact helmet lock - easy peesy!

P.S. the blue stuff around the keylock is the remains of the usual protective metalwork film.  I've since cleaned that up.

2081821229_Helmetlock.thumb.jpg.960f47efe6372f758f1e012e28304814.jpg

309020256_Helmetlock1.JPG.d52f01254a8af5cab445218b41a344c6.JPG

• Supporting Member

What I like about this forum is the hidden gems that you can stumble over!

Just when you think that you've found all of the bling, mechanical and electrical mods you can do etc, you find a diamond in the rough.

That diamond for me was the APS adjustment that piotrek detailed back in 2017.  How had I missed this??!!  It's a pearler, bonza, and a bloody beaudy!

If you're like me, own a pre-2017 Tracer and have been (apparently) living under a rock (like me), you might be interested in looking into this freebee improvement.  Do a search for APS in this forum and it's the one that piotrek started that ye seek. - EDIT - here's the link to the original article.

At the risk of repeating what has gone before....  in a nutshell, the article explains how to adjust the Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) so that it smooths out (largely) that annoying on/off throttle snatch that is present for some of us pre 2017 vintage Tracer owners.

I did the adjustment and it definitely made a noticeable difference to how the bike performed on and off the throttle in all modes.

I had to redo my McCruise setup as a result but as a bonus, that seems to be smoother now as well!  Win Win. 🙂 

Thanks @piotrek.

FWIW my figures before and after (stock, adjusted) were: -

DIAG MODE - 14;  THROTTLE CLOSED: STOCK - 17;  ADJUSTED - 13

DIAG MODE - 14;  THROTTLE OPEN: STOCK - 101;  ADJUSTED - 97

DIAG MODE - 15;  THROTTLE CLOSED: STOCK - 18;  ADJUSTED - 14

DIAG MODE - 15;  THROTTLE OPEN: STOCK - 101;  ADJUSTED - 96

The above will make sense once you see the original post.

If you haven't done it and the snatchy throttle issue bothers you - check it out.  I now have a 'new' bike!

As always - YMMV.

Edited by dazzler24
inserted link to original article
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
47 minutes ago, jdavis said:

@dazzler24 have you not had the ECU flashed by Kevin Hope?

@jdavis - Hi John. Yes, I certainly have had my ECU flashed by Kev and that did make a big difference to the bike. That addressed a number of things that the stock ECU was lacking I believe. Sure, it took some of the snatchiness out but not all of it.  My slipper clutch install reduced the 'feel' of the throttle snatch impact as well.

What I'm saying here is that the APS adjust (for me at least - always important to quantify!) is like the final piece in the puzzle. Definitely has made a difference for me - without a doubt.  Some people have reported not much change but conversely, a lot have.

The beauty of this freebee is that if it doesn't make any difference for you, then you can simply put it back to where it was.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained & ultimately, nothing lost.

As always  - YMMV.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1