What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, BBB said:

Fitted cheap ebay short adjustable levers to see if I like them. Nice easy job so quick to undo if they’re not to my liking. Any fans of short levers out there?

I am a huge fan of short brake levers (with standard length clutch) for both my street and dirt bikes.  Funny thing, on my dirt bike, I brake with my index finger while on the street I use my middle finger?

I have used Pazzo Levers for years and find them extremely comfortable, (once you use adjustable levers you will never use oem levers again)  Pazzo lets you mix and match long and short levers when ordering.

If you are going to use the cheap Chinese levers, look at MZS Levers, I bought a set to keep as spares and they are very high quality.  Email them to make sure you get either short or long levers (they sell both).

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, koth442 said:

I've got the full Akro on my '15 Tracer. It's a little heavier than I wanted but sounds nice!

Same.... left the Baffle in sound damn good too

2011 Ford F150 Raptor- Daily driver

2014 Cadillac CTSV- its nice

1995 Mazda RX7- Project car

2015 FJ 09- I Needed 2 wheels again...LOL😉

• Premium Member

I rode mine briefly after it's been sitting on the Battery Tender for weeks & weeks. Went to top off the fuel & added Sta-Bil. When I went to start it back up at the fuel pump, the battery gave up the ghost and my Yuasa YTZ10S went to be with battery Jesus. 😣

Fortunately my wife was less than 10 minutes away with the jump box, and came to the rescue. I rode it straight home, parked it & ordered an AGM replcement from BatterySharks. $35 including shipping isn't terrible. 

I kinda knew it was coming, I mean 4 years for a compact OEM Pb acid battery is pretty good, given the short life a lot of FJ-ers have seen. I always kept mine on the Battery Tender when not riding. Just bummed it didn't go a bit farther...

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

I had some aluminium 'decorative mesh' left over from a previous project and decided to use it to make a radiator guard.  This is yet another of the many farkles I've done in the past, so not much head-scratching was needed!

I've seen the mesh in anodized silver, gold, and strawberry-red colours, but black is more appropriate in this location I think, and anyway is what I had.   The mesh, sold in auto stores here at AUD$25 to $30 for the piece 1200mm x 280mm is easily cut, using some blue masking-tape as a guide.   I used a very thin blade on my angle-grinder, but decent tin-snips would cut it easily.   The front face of the rad measures 345mm across x 230mm.

I made the piece a little wider than the measured distance across the rad so as to be able to snap it into the shallow groove on each side, which helps to secure it.   It's also secured by two (one at each end) heat-resistant heavy-duty zip-ties running vertically around the new guard and the rad itself.   

By flexing the guard outwards a little it also took on a slight bow shape, stiffening it somewhat and also moving the face of the guard away from the rad face, thus giving a bit more of an impact-cushioning effect should an Exocet missile strike.    It would not help in that event, of course (!), and might not stop some damage in the event of a decent-sized rock hurling itself at the bike at 100kph, but it will definitely stop or minimise damage from small stones, gravel, and sand, that can quickly give a pitted and sand-blasted look to the very vulnerable radiator.

All that remains is to touch-up with some black paint the upper cut surface, and we're good to go!  Next job: to make an extension to the ineffective rear 'hugger'.

P1050021.JPG

P1050023.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

54 minutes ago, betoney said:

@wordsmith - Great job, looks good and only a few $$$.

Thanks, betoney.   I'd like to think it cost me nothing, but a forensically-minded bean-counter would say that I had to buy the mesh anyway (true enough), even if maybe years ago, and then there's the 'opportunity cost' and so on.   I reckon it may have cost me one-third of the price of the full sheet of mesh, say $8.   Plus a little time - and a degree of satisfaction at another farkle ticked-off!

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

Installed these cheapo (25$ on amzn) removable grip heaters. They draw 0.8A and get relatively toasty. I plug them into the cigarette lighter socket. Have not found a good way to deal with the excess laces yet. 

warm1.JPG.2714d0f00f34bc1539fb15dcb5ff9dc0.JPG

warm2.JPG.2541f2ca0f33508d080fef611bf89303.JPG

warm25.JPG.936b857b46aca0be885245eb7441f763.JPG

warm3.JPG.b3efe29a48f0433be074b52dbf46f83f.JPG

warm4.JPG.66f341da9ffdffb72ea8a932ebc9393e.JPG

warm5.JPG.5ec2112707e3256dd6d28ef79b8f04b9.JPG