What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

15 hours ago, betoney said:

You can change the Lo-Med-Hi values to anything you want.  Be warned though, on the higher settings, they get HOT, like "burn-your-hand" hot.   I believe I have mine set to 3-5-7 or 4-6-8 and normally only use low, on a very rare occasion I might switch it to Medium for a short duration but have never used High.

OK betoney, Went out this morning and set the grip warmers to 3, 5 and 7 from the stock settings of 1, 5 and 10. It's still 29 outside, not in the shed where the motorcycles are, 55 in there. Once it gets to 48 today I'll warm up the bike with the grip heaters on and see what I get. It's so easy to move around in the menu area, even for the 60-year-old inside me. Sometimes he comes out....."Git off my lawn," LOL! But most of the time my 25 to 35-year-old self is in charge. But yeah it is easy and intuitive. 

Went out, cranked up the bike. Ran the heated grips. Found 3 to be great for low, moved it to 6 for Med. Not enough difference between 3 and 5 so 3 then 6 then 8 for high.  Still only a high of 47 today, just don't have the will/urge to ride when it's much under 60 degress. 

Edited by tktplz

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, enx said:

It's very simple. I have a scissor car lift, and i drilled two holes in the plate to secure the two brackets I made. Or you can just bolt it to the floor...

IMG_20181226_173801.jpg

IMG_20190118_192933.jpg

I really like that idea. It’s one of those “why didn’t I think of that” type of ideas. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

That would also make a great anti-theft security clamp!

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member

Finally re-keyed my SH23 side cases to take the key from my SH36/48 set. A generous member on here donated a cylinder (I already had one), and I then modified the set as suggested by @kmev in an earlier post (ground some tumbler pins). Big thanks!!

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member

I'll tell you what I didn't do. I didn't ride her. Haven't been able to for about a week and a half because of winter... and other stuff. I'm going stir crazy!

Let’s go Brandon

3 hours ago, micah2074 said:

huh.. southern hemisphere problems.

One capital city here (Adelaide) reached 47 deg C today, an all-time record - that's 116 deg F.   Too hot, you say??

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

9 hours ago, blackhawkgeo said:

Too cold to ride. Feels like temp was 11 degrees this morning. I have a heated jacket liner, but damn, that's just COLD!

Hey, I'm 60 and that's the temp I start to think about riding at. 60 degrees or higher these days. Any colder the bikes in the shed that is kept at 55 degrees during the winter don't move. Your talking 11 degrees????? 50 degrees down south is a non-starter, HA!

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, wordsmith said:

One capital city here (Adelaide) reached 47 deg C today, an all-time record - that's 116 deg F.   Too hot, you say??

116. That makes me look forward even more to my ride across Death Valley coming up in August. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
17 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

116. That makes me look forward even more to my ride across Death Valley coming up in August. 

Death Valley in August?... On purpose? 

Last Summer we rode back and forth across Sacramento Valley @ 110-113F and that was too hot for me.  Raising my face shield was like opening the oven door, the heat was almost suffocating.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, betoney said:

Death Valley in August?... On purpose? 

Last Summer we rode back and forth across Sacramento Valley @ 110-113F and that was too hot for me.  Raising my face shield was like opening the oven door, the heat was almost suffocating.

Absolutely. But, you want to hear crazy? My wife is a looooooong distance runner. She’s completed many 100 mile races. More 50 and 100k’s than I can remember. She’s training to run across TN. Longways. 300+ miles. She runs marathons for fun. She wants to run a race across Death Valley. I’ve never told her no on any of the other crazy things she does. After all she lets me ride as much and as far as I want... I’m considering saying no to the Death Valley race. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

Absolutely. But, you want to hear crazy? My wife is a looooooong distance runner....

She wants to run a race across Death Valley.

Yikes!! um, yeah, no thank you.