What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Today I rode to the  Atlantic to see if I could spy England in the distance. I could not.

But I successfully tested out my two new farkels:  Splash guard and mirror extenders.  Both a huge success.

And the Temp was a mild 35 F!

sea.JPG

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member

Replaced my levers. This was really for the benefit of the clutch side... to make pull action easier. This install wasn't without issues. The seller sent me two black 'knuckle' parts for the lever, and neither worked well (made contact with the switch housing). I decided to swap parts with my shorty levers, and hey... it worked. I like the grey/red look, and best of all... clutch pull is much easier.

clutchlev.thumb.JPG.15eb0ff6d411494fa0ae511ca2a9b438.JPG

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

2 hours ago, piotrek said:

Replaced my levers. This was really for the benefit of the clutch side... to make pull action easier. This install wasn't without issues. The seller sent me two black 'knuckle' parts for the lever, and neither worked well (made contact with the switch housing). I decided to swap parts with my shorty levers, and hey... it worked. I like the grey/red look, and best of all... clutch pull is much easier.

clutchlev.thumb.JPG.15eb0ff6d411494fa0ae511ca2a9b438.JPG

These replacement levers are so inexpensive (scores of on-line vendors), can be had in many colours, can be span-adjusted on the clutch side, and make the clutch pull so much easier as pyotr has said, that I'm surprised everyone doesn't do the swap.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

6 hours ago, angrygirafe said:

Today I tried out the tire plug kit that I’ve been carrying around for years. I think I did it right, but it’s dark, rainy, and 50 miles home, so I’m going to leave it at school and get a ride. 😐

Those are the conditions that are inevitable for a tyre plug. It’s never going to happen on a dry, warm day, with a soft verge to kneel on. Hope it works out for you. 

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Spot on!   My only Tracer puncture was on a very wet day, in the country, miles from anywhere, and with no safe verge to work on to plug the tyre.   I ended up riding about 80km or so - may have been further - very, very gingerly to a motorbike shop I'd noticed miles back!   They plugged it for me.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Installed heated grips on my 2015 FJ-09. Santa brought me a set and it's a cold, wet weekend so it's the perfect time to install them. In the menu area do I set them to; Low = 3, Med = 5, High = 7? is this correct?

Edited by tktplz
spelling

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Installed heated grips on my 2015 FJ-09. Santa brought me a set and it's a cold, wet weekend so it's the perfect time to install them. In the menu area do I set them to; Low = 3, Med = 5, High = 7? is this correct?

The settings are your personal preference, I left them at the default, didn't see a need to change them and they work fine for me.......

Of course, I also got the heated gloves, which keeps the top of my hands warm too - like those much better than the grip warmers.

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, tktplz said:

You can change the Lo-Med-Hi values to anything you want.  Be warned though, on the higher settings, they get HOT, like "burn-your-hand" hot.   I believe I have mine set to 3-5-7 or 4-6-8 and normally only use low, on a very rare occasion I might switch it to Medium for a short duration but have never used High.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 minutes ago, betoney said:

You can change the Lo-Med-Hi values to anything you want.  Be warned though, on the higher settings, they get HOT, like "burn-your-hand" hot.   I believe I have mine set to 3-5-7 or 4-6-8 and normally only use low, on a very rare occasion I might switch it to Medium for a short duration but have never used High.

3 5 and 7 was what I thought. I did a search and got 1 guy at 2 3 and 4. I'll set it to 3 5 and 7 and go from there. Seems mid-level setting for each 1. Haven't tried them yet. it's mid 30's and 15 MPH with 25 MPH gusts of wind. Not riding, e en with heated grips, no sir! But I did get 2 layers of electric tape over the handlebars on the clutch side in case there was any difference in heat others had claimed. Thanks for the replies folks!!!

Edited by tktplz

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member

Just finished Installing a surprise Christmas present! My wife had forgotten she bought me a Cortech 18Liter strap mount tank bag. Earlier tonight she found it in the closet while putting away clothes. Funny thing... I asked for the tank bag last year? I wonder how long it has been stashed away? 🤔 I should probably hunt around for that GoPro 4 I asked for 2 Christmas's ago... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, enx said:

I took apart front end. New springs and oil in forks, and new rear shock are coming this week.😎

IMG_20190119_112556.jpg

This looks like an really good way to stabilise the bike when the front wheel is off. Can you post more details of how you secured the rear wheel please.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)