What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member

I ordered the Yamaha touring shield for my GT today and I’m currently talking to the owner of Lextek Exhausts in the UK about getting one shipped over here. Slowly but surely I’m going to get it suited to me. 

21 hours ago, getpetey said:

It would seem so! How is it?

I find it excellent, although not mounted the same as the OEM, bit more vertical and fwd to allow for the spotlights. Lowest position lets my chest get protection and helmet gets clean air.

• Thumbsup 1

I recently modified some bar end weights so that they would fit the KTM handguards on my FJ. I believe they came off a DRZ many years ago, and the original mounting hole was too small. I countersunk for a cap screw and machined the inside to match the angle of the handguard bushing.

2019-02-07 12.17.13.jpg

2019-02-07 12.17.48.jpg

Edited by tobz
  • Thumbsup 1

Today I have mostly been fitting new Pirelli Angel GT tyres.  Having obtained a ridiculous quote from my local tyre fitter I decided to do the job myself.  For the same money as the tyre fitter wanted to swap and balance loose wheels I was able to buy a decent bead breaker, tyre irons, wheel protectors, a balancer and wheel weights.  The front tyre was a breeze to get on and off, the rear required a bit more brute force.  But slow and steady wins the race; rims undamaged.  I am well pleased.

I also took the opportunity to install a dual USB-charger in the empty space on the right hand side of the instrument panel.  I cut off the unused black connector plug behind the instruments and used decent crimp connectors with heat shrink tubing to ensure durability and dust/waterproofing.

Now waiting on my new screen, suspension components and phone holder.....

CS

• Thumbsup 6

• Premium Member

Today I received and installed the under-the-windscreen GPS mount.  Easy (good thing, because it came with no instructions).

I got from Ebay.  In the pics the GPS is mounted on a long stalk and could be on a shorter one.

IMG_2543 a.png

IMG_2548 a.png

IMG_2550 a.png

IMG_2558 a.png

• Thumbsup 2

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, duhg said:

Today I received and installed the under-the-windscreen GPS mount...

IMG_2558 a.png

I had this very same setup at one point... the Cosmo bracket and the SW-Motech GPS case on a long-ish RAM extension. I found that the rig vibrated like mad and there was a lot of glare from the case window. BTW... there is an updated (stiffened) version of the Como plate. I have a 'naked' Nuvi GPS mounted on a short arm, and use a Glare Stomper sun shade. I think the trick to this is to keep it short and light. Fingers crossed this works for you.

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif