What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

7 hours ago, piotrek said:

...and fabricated a brace for my Shad side case brackets.

What was the problem that made you fabricate a brace @piotrek?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, BBB said:

What was the problem that made you fabricate a brace @piotrek?

No problem, or scientific evidence... but do not like how these cases bounce about on rougher roads. I pretty much load my SH36 to capacity on longer travels, and I have the tool/fuel tubes on there as well. Thought I'd reinforce the whole thing a bit, seeing how most other aftermarket setups feature some kind of brace between the sides. Plus it's winter... give me a break.

• Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

1 hour ago, piotrek said:

No problem, or scientific evidence... but do not like how these cases bounce about on rougher roads.

Good to know. I was worried that you’d spotted something I needed to check on. 

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, BBB said:

Good to know. I was worried that you’d spotted something I needed to check on. 

Ordinarily would not have bothered, but... the tool tubes clear the outer edge of the tire by some 5mm on each side... so even though the brackets will probably never deflect enough (or suspension bottom that far) for there to be contact.... the brace will make sure it won't happen... me thinks.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Assembled it. Double-checked all around and it is ready to go. Business trip next week, then family vacation... back March 19... hoping to get it out on the road before April arrives. Suspension, brakes, windscreen, exhaust... oh my!

bike1.thumb.jpg.2fd7a1e49715229b3919f9c047740710.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Re-rotated the handlebars back. I rolled them forward as a failed experiment in comfort, but looks like I'll invest in some bar risers at some point.

Installed KTM handguards. As many have said, it was incredibly simple. Had to adjust some zip ties, but that's about it.

20190303_165913.thumb.jpg.56fb70fa457bb55c4345c8048a4727a2.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

On 3/3/2019 at 6:02 PM, piotrek said:

Assembled it. Double-checked all around and it is ready to go. Business trip next week, then family vacation... back March 19... hoping to get it out on the road before April arrives. Suspension, brakes, windscreen, exhaust... oh my!

bike1.thumb.jpg.2fd7a1e49715229b3919f9c047740710.jpg

You know Piotrek sometimes I think you farkle just for the sake of farkling.👍

I do very much understand the addiction.

Cheers

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 3/4/2019 at 10:49 PM, tinkerfreak said:

You know Piotrek sometimes I think you farkle just for the sake of farkling.👍I do very much understand the addiction...

LOL... I can certainly make a case for each mod, but clearly a stronger case for some than others. Truthfully... the exhaust and the brakes were impulse buys. Addiction?... that sounds too much like a problem to be true. 😀

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I finished the last of the farkles on the GT for now. So the list is Yamaha radiator guard, frame sliders and rear rack. R&G case sliders, front axle and swingarm sliders. Givi universal top plate and 30-liter Monokey top case. Oxford 4 liter tank bag and ring. MRA touring windscreen, X-Arch turn signals front and back. Lighttech chain adjusters and PSR adjustable long levers. The only thing that remains for next year is the 320mm front brake rotors  and braided lines. Time for the ice and salt to get off the road and ride! 

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member

Installed HeliBars handlebar risers, specifically for the FJ-09. I was going to do a "how to", but the instructions were so clear and easy to follow, that I don't think it's necessary.

Took the bike for a spin, and the difference was immediately felt. No more reaching, a much more comfortable riding position, and it felt like I was in even better control than before. 

heli_bars_risers_yamaha_fj0920152017.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Move your bars up and closer to you with a machined aluminum bar...

• Thumbsup 5