What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Installed an Evotech radiator guard and tail tidy

I have to say that I am very impressed with the Evotech product, both engineering and quality.  Attached are some pictures, its not an install how-to though.

IMG_0343.jpg.2219aaf6d23da17207f48660523d24be.jpg

The tail tidy is two pieces, very nicely designed and machined aluminum components, every detail is considered for wire routing channels and even a machined slot to keep the zip ties below the surface that the plate mounts to.

• Thumbsup 3

@captfire22- Could you please take a photo of the tail tidy from the side. If you also have  hard side cases on could you also take a pic with these on please? I am curious to see if the indicators remain visible with the hard case on?

Edited by bugie

49 minutes ago, bugie said:

@captfire22- Could you please take a photo of the tail tidy from the side. If you also have  hard side cases on could you also take a pic with these on please? I am curious to see if the indicators remain visible with the hard case on?

Sure, any excuse for me to be in my shop is good with me.

I don't have cases, not sure if they would fit with this setup or not.

IMG_0357.jpg.919b51b4242fa8092d4b58f26f63e5d0.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg.e6b24cb87d8792f5bb121a364c32764d.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg.6be983e49afd3f51b1c8863acd54b8cf.jpgIMG_0358.jpg.7212858bb2b8f1fc5e3e936323aefd04.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, captfire22 said:

I have to say that I am very impressed with the Evotech product, both engineering and quality.

I 100% concur.  Been really impressed with every Evotech component I’ve purchased.  Radiator guard, frame sliders, swing arm spools thus far... the tidy tail looks nice, but I don’t think it will work with the saddle bags.    

• Premium Member

I like the looks of the Tidy, but I’ve always kept the OEM rear alone due to rain spray off of the tire. I am tempted to get that radiator guard, though. 

My K-Tech Cartridge kit came in so I dropped my bike off at my dealer to have it installed. I did the rear shock my self last month. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

18 hours ago, motopumps said:

I reversed the top bar clamps so I could get my damn hand in there to insert, turn, remove the key.

IMG_8407-X2.jpg

Much better!

Rob

Dude!  That's brilliant!  Why didn't I see that?  LOL.. just did it and it's amazing what a difference that small change did... thanks.  Oh, and it was cheap!!!

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TracerDoc said:

Waiting for a warm day :) 

C7E8C0D4-C7EA-4C9A-86F5-58B58B5D23A7.jpeg

I just put mine on a couple weeks back. It wasn't the easiest full exhaust I've ever done, but it wasn't too bad. I'm trying to find my paperwork to see if the tab on the inside edge of the canister is for a removable db killer.  My 14 year old is driving me crazy asking me if it is.