What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Dazz, I'm getting worried about all this spending!.   LEDs, probably brake-lines.   Save some for carrot cake... around the turn of the century.

Ha! It's certain members of this forum @wordsmith!  They make you weak and force you to do things that you wouldn't do normally.  You know what I mean?

Don't worry about round two of the carrot cake.  I'm growing carrots and wheat to grind for flour and can get some eggs from a neighbour for nix so that will save a few shekels and allow me to succumb to further temptations of the forumites!

I might even wear 'that apron' to make the next cake! 😜

17 hours ago, betoney said:

No problems squeegeeing any air or soap bubbles out and it dried crystal clear?

I had a dust speck left in the corner, just lifted and flushed again with soapy water and all good now.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

And once again, I learn of an awesome product as an aside in one of your photos.  Just ordered myself one of those centerstand dollies - that's brilliant, and for $30 I couldn't resist.

$30?? got a link? 

• Supporting Member

Today I used a Dremel tool to reshape and sand the sharp angles off the grab handles.  Since I like a little color accent, I painted them silver.  I like the contrast with the black seat and plastics.

image.png.bac8f094520025bab76bcb613557a6ed.png

image.png.bc6dc70bfe1dd060563cad0704c7530c.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

27 minutes ago, mingo said:

$30?? got a link? 

Princessauto.com - currently free shipping too (in Canada, of course).  They're actually meant for the rear tire and have an attachment for your kickstand to get the same effect for a kickstand only bike, but people just pull that off for centerstand bikes.  

On 4/15/2020 at 2:47 PM, MemphisTracer said:

Cosmo radiator guard. Just received today. Will put on soon. Thanks to betoney for the suggestion.

CosmoRadGuard copy.jpg

Awesome looking screen, but I have a question, if you were to hold it by the edge with one hand, stick your hand out of your car window at 45 MPH, flat against the wind, I'm betting it would be very difficult or impossible to hold, so considering the wind loading of it, does to compromise the amount of air going through the radiator? I have often wondered about that. 

• Haha 1

1970 DT-250 / 1972 250MX / 1973 360MX / 1974 250MX & 1974 CZ 400 Red Frame & SC 500 / 1978 YZ 250 / 1979  YZ250 / (2) 1980 YZ 250 / 1986 YZ 490 / 1989 YZ250 WR / 1994 YZ 250 / (2) 2002 YZ 426 / 2007 YZ 450 / 2007 DR 650, 2015 FJ 09 / 2020 YZ 250

52 minutes ago, mingo said:

It may not be suitable for a center stand dolly because the metal won't think enough and also it may not be low enough to the ground. Mine weighs about 20 lbs and is probably 2 o 3 mm off the ground. 🤷‍♂️

Lots of reviews on the listing from people using it exactly like that, though - as a center stand dolly.  Even with pics of that exactly.

Weight is fine, its intended for the rear tire and rated for 1100lbs, and is low enough to roll up onto it easy.  

21 hours ago, mingo said:

It may not be suitable for a center stand dolly because the metal won't think enough and also it may not be low enough to the ground. Mine weighs about 20 lbs and is probably 2 o 3 mm off the ground. 🤷‍♂️

Got it today!  The base part is 16kg's (about 36 lbs) and the kickstand attachment is another 4kg/9lb.  1/4” thick steel to the wheels and under the tray, and the tray itself is 1/8" steel.  So, 3/8ths of steel that needs to bend to be a problem.  Not gonna happen. 

It could hold a car.  It's insanely overengineered.  

It's a bit higher off the ground, but not much - about 3mm ground clearance, or an 8th of an inch for the Americans in the group - bringing the total "top of tray" height (where the centerstand will sit) to 1/2" off the ground.  Really not a problem at all. 

I seriously can't believe that this was $38CDN.  I'm seriously thinking of ordering another on and bolting a tire chock to it for the front wheel.

20200417_161815_resize_90.jpg

20200417_161842_resize_1.jpg

20200417_161829_resize_14.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
On 4/17/2020 at 9:29 AM, betoney said:

Today I used a Dremel tool to reshape and sand the sharp angles off the grab handles.  Since I like a little color accent, I painted them silver.  I like the contrast with the black seat and plastics.

Just out of curiousity - was this in part due to being sick of driving a knee into the pointy bit on mount up?

Looks good BTW.