What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Yep...me and a mate got out yesterday,  first ride since before lockdown.  Soon got in the swing of it. Roads were more quiet than i was expecting,  maybe more out today.  136 miles taking in Bewdley, Tenbury wells and leominster. Absolutely loved it. 👍

20200513_130047.jpg

What is that sexy beast hanging out with your FJ... Triumph Tiger?  

• Supporting Member
25 minutes ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Yep, 1050 sport  2015. Lovely bike. Heavier than the tracer, makes a bit more power but with the weight reckon the tracer trumps it. 👍

I guess this is another of those "why can't we have nice things here in the USA?" models...   I really like the looks of that, but it doesn't appear that it ever made it to our side of the pond.    Unfortunate, since that looks like it could be a superb bike.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Yep, 1050 sport  2015. Lovely bike. Heavier than the tracer, makes a bit more power but with the weight reckon the tracer trumps it. 👍

I really like the Sport, I have followed it for many years, unfortunately it was never offered in the USA.

• Sad 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, betoney said:

It really makes you appreciate the freedom of riding.  Our restrictions eased up a bit last week, we had phenomenal weather and I rode a bit over 1200 miles in 4 days.

We were fortunate in Oregon because solitary activities like motorcycling, hiking, golf, etc. were always allowed. Of course they asked us to stay home as much as possible, which I mostly did. But it sure was nice to get out for a ride now and then. 

I was hoping to get out for a longer ride this weekend, but it looks like it's going to rain all day Saturday and Sunday. 😡

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
28 minutes ago, keithu said:

I was hoping to get out for a longer ride this weekend, but it looks like it's going to rain all day Saturday and Sunday. 😡

Same here, dammit!   I have new tires to go break in, but the weather is calling for 90% chance of rain, with a prediction of 4" - 6" over the course of the weekend...   😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, keithu said:

LOL, not nearly as much as texscottyd. On the Road5 you can see a pretty clear break between the harder center compound and the softer compound near the edge of the tire. It's a pretty obvious break and I think it makes you look like more of a hardcore rider than you really are. The reality is I've become pretty conservative in my old age; road surfaces in the real world are unpredictable, and I'm always worried about what's around that blind corner. Chucking bikes into the ditch is one of my least favorite things to do. 

I understand ya on the older age thing, into my 60s now. texscottyd is pretty close to the Texas Hill Country. That chip seal on the roads there eats tires for breakfast. I'm glad it's our 1st meet of the spring so i usually have a new set of tennis on the FJ. On riding I keep saying I'm slowing down and will be a mid pack rider but.....there's always a but in there, when the roads get twisty they lure you in and the next thing you know your running somewhere between 3rd and 5th in line sliding the rear tire into corners. The best I've gotten on a rear so far is 3,400 miles. That's actually pretty good because when I was riding the ZRX1100 I was lucky to get 2,600 out of a rear, the original Roadsmart IIs. If I was riding using a sport-bike tire it was between 1,200 and 1,700 miles. But boy are they confidence inspiring. If I get a Gen-Mar tire changer I might go back to sport-bike tires. We will see how they last. Or we may stick with the sport touring tires......if I can get myself to stay mid-pack, LOL!  😈

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Same here, dammit!   I have new tires to go break in, but the weather is calling for 90% chance of rain, with a prediction of 4" - 6" over the course of the weekend...   😡

Sounds like a perfect chance to go out and gives us a report on how the RoadSmart 3 handle  slightly dam roads😉

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, banderso said:

Hi,

See ya

bill

IMG_20200514_200109632.jpg

Good choice!  The same setup I just installed.   Minus the gold bling, alas...  

Friendly tip:  Don’t ask me how I know this, but try to not get careless and over-press the side plate of the master link.  😇

• Supporting Member
47 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Friendly tip:  Don’t ask me how I know this, but try to not get careless and over-press the side plate of the master link.  😇

+1  You cant beat Sprocket Center for service and their SuperLite sprockets last forever. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

8 hours ago, banderso said:

Hi,

See ya

bill

IMG_20200514_200109632.jpg

That’s the same one I just fitted. 5.7 to 6mm flare dimensions for the chain link. Took me a while to get them to this.

E67D1B69-C15B-4DEC-975B-3E953F106B84.png

• Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

7 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Did you have to get a new master link @texscottyd?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)