What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, SKYFLIX said:

The 2020 US plastic panels are Yamaha DYRC4 (Dull Yellowish Red Cocktail #4). We don't get either of the other two global options.

Dull Yellowish Red Cocktail?  I had to look that up to make sure you weren’t kidding...

Wow, that just oozes apathy from their design team: 
“I guess that’s good enough.  What should we call it?”
”I dunno. It’s honestly kinda dull.  Like a shrimp cocktail where the sauce has started to go bad...”
”Dull Yellowish Red Cocktail?  That works!”

😳

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

• Supporting Member
17 minutes ago, SKYFLIX said:

We don't get either of the other two global options.

What did the rest of the world get for 2020?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 5/15/2020 at 3:47 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Same here.  We've already gotten 2"+ tonight/this AM.  

Well, the weatherman missed this one by a mile:  It was actually sunny yesterday afternoon, and this morning is overcast but dry.   How do I score a weather forecasting gig?  I’m really good at inaccurate random guesses...  

So, I’m going riding (alone) for a few hours.  

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Matte Raven Black/Reddish Copper

Reddish Copper?   Sounds like a slightly leftish-leaning London pleeceman...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Well, the weatherman missed this one by a mile:  It was actually sunny yesterday afternoon, and this morning is overcast but dry.   How do I score a weather forecasting gig?  I’m really good at inaccurate random guesses...  

So, I’m going riding (alone) for a few hours.  

Yes, it cleared up nicely here too eventually yesterday, AFTER we got over 3.5" of precipitation!  Then, late last night SWMBO's and my arthritis concurred with the forecast, and we're half way through another 3 inches due to taper off tomorrow...

In every life a little rain must fall but why must we have to endure here seemingly incessant deluges?

Well, a least it's supposed to get over 70 next week.  Finally!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

...we're half way through another 3 inches due to taper off tomorrow...

In every life a little rain must fall but why must we have to endure here seemingly incessant deluges?!

Not to rub salt on the wound, but... 

E5B62516-3CBB-477B-BD2D-3C5E75870DFB.thumb.jpeg.cfd59bf52195d065bd77200607a30eb9.jpeg

😇

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Hey, I've heard it doesn't rain in TX, it pours!!!  Buckets!  55 gallon drums!

Anyway, "IFIYGD"  and with this pandemic, that could be fatal!

*I Fart In Your General Diection! "; Monty Python  "In Search of the Holy Grail", Norman Castle insult scene. 

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2020 at 6:43 PM, SKYFLIX said:

According to the global parts catalogue, there are three color options for 2020. The US gets Type B.

1563080909_ScreenShot2020-05-16at8_41_53PM.thumb.png.7fc248533ca84a69c1b5cbf996fd9945.png

Global parts catalog?  Is there a handy link for this?  Sounds incredibly useful.  

Edit: Aha!  Found it!  Nevermind: 

Further Edit:

Oh, man, you can sift through the part numbers for specific colorways.  For example, the 2020 Tracer (non-GT; I didn't know there WAS a non-GT in 2020) has black lower panels and the side panels under the seat, so there's a source for that.  The 2019 Tracer has the red lower side panels.  

I've seen a few parts catalogues (such as partzilla et al), but this is the first one that lets me find panels by colorway without having to guess at which part number is which color.  Awesome.  

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Global parts catalog?  Is there a handy link for this?  Sounds incredibly useful.  

Edit: Aha!  Found it!  Nevermind: 

I'm glad you found it! It's remarkable what information is out there. But be careful with your bookmark. This site is very sensitive to bad links. Your link above, for example, no longer works. You have to start off at

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 2

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

I fit up some Chinese rear sets to get a little more leg room. Bolts are typical cheesium but the alloy cnc bits are nice.

How much adjustability for leg room do they offer?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***