What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

1 hour ago, BBB said:

I’ve been using the Angels and they were great, but trying Metzeler Roadtec 01 now and they are equally impressive so far.

I had the Roadtec 01's fitted once the OEM Dunlops wore out, so i've had them now since November one of the best tyres for the wet, ok for the dry even when pushed, would really like to compare them to the Michelin RP5's

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, betoney said:

I have had no issues with the Vololight, I had to change the sensitivity lower as, according to my riding buddies behind me, it was flashing all of the time.  2 years in, still works as advertised.

The Blaster has a lot of options for programming and they can be confusing, I just left it on the default setting.  I wired it so it works in addition to the turn signals so they work exactly like in this video.

Thanks but did you say if you also bought the TS splitter kit so the TS worked like the video

YAMAHA OEM TURN SIGNAL Y-SPLITTER CONNECTORS, 3-WIRE (PAIR)

$12.49 

Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Y-Splitter Connectors, 3-Wire (pair)

• Premium Member

I've run the PR3 & PR 4; Dunlop RS1, the FJ OEM version, the new RS2 and the RS3; the prior Avon Storms; and the Roadtec 01.  In years past the Contis.  The RS3 knock it out of the park and average over 7,800 miles, sometimes over 8,500.

Just mount the Bridgy S22 on the VTR and have a set of S22 for the FJ ($170 per pair after $60 rebate cc).  Opinions TBD

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
18 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Thanks but did you say if you also bought the TS splitter kit so the TS worked like the video

YAMAHA OEM TURN SIGNAL Y-SPLITTER CONNECTORS, 3-WIRE (PAIR)

$12.49 

Yamaha OEM Turn Signal Y-Splitter Connectors, 3-Wire (pair)

No but that does look really clean, I just spliced the wires together. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, piotrek said:

Glad you found your way (kinda) with the Nitron. I remember that mine came from the factory set at 12 clicks out (CCW), and it felt like it wanted to punt me off the seat over bumps. I progressively backed it out until the rear behaved (17 clicks), and then adjusted the front to suit. The damping clicker has a range of 24 clicks... experiment. 🙂

Rain tomorrow so on Thursday I'll get some more seat time. I think I was 8 clicks out. I'll double check and write it down, but I think I'm 17 clicks out now. I was way off. I'm getting closer.

Roger showed me a disassembled shock and how the different parts work. The oil flow part was when it came together for me. I had it backwards.

The funny thing is, I almost gave up on this shock. I've had it for a year. The one thing that kept me going was it handled good in the hills on good surfaces. Decided to take it to somebody to help sort it out or get another shock. I think the Nitron will be fine.

I've been looking for "the next bike", but always come back to the FJ. An "upgrade" would be costly and probably not worth it. The engine alone makes it keeper. A lot of bikes are heavier and maybe not as dependable.

I know, I'm preaching to the choir.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

@piotrek and @fr8dog  Are the Nitron shocks sold for track use?  If you are needing to open the compression to 17 clicks out to be usable for street use, - 3/4 of its usable range, - it seems that they must be built with very firm/ restrictive damping.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, betoney said:

@piotrek and @fr8dog  Are the Nitron shocks sold for track use?  If you are needing to open the compression to 17 clicks out to be usable for street use, - 3/4 of its usable range, - it seems that they must be built with very firm/ restrictive damping.

The R1 that we have is for street use. They make one like your double clicker and then 2 racing shocks. I do agree it seems extreme.

Could be why it felt good in the twisties. I need a little forgiveness on the surface streets. I did describe my type of riding, weight and if I carry passengers, etc.

Mine was sent 10 clicks out.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

What madness is this!?  A another 'local' FJ?  I thought mine and the Blackfoot tech's where the only ones in the province!  That brings us to three!

I'm shocked there aren't far more of these bikes around.

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Been busy removing the wheels for cleaning/degreasing and polishing prior to having new rubber fitted soon. Bike is still running OEM Dunlops, which are a tad slippy in the wet, so won't be missed. Pair of Metzler Roadtech 01s in stock and ready to go on. New tyre joy is imminent. 🤓

While I had the rear wheel off, took the opportunity to remove the Akropovic baffle, slashcut it and refit. Results are pleasingly big improvement.

• Thumbsup 1

10 hours ago, knyte said:

I'm shocked there aren't far more of these bikes around.

I'm shocked that you're shocked, knyte, for there has been a heap of discussion on this very point over the years, with no really good reasons being put forward, tho' plenty of opinions - including from me!   But I note that you are a new member, and you'll surely catch-up sooner or later.   Take a look at these posts: 

How is such a great bike so unpopular!?

By Zach26, April 18 in FJ-09 Tracer 900 General Discussions

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

3 hours ago, Willie17FJ-09 said:

I cut out the factory tool tray. Now there’s a lot more space 

This was the very first mod I did on mine.  It's baffling why that divider is in there, breaking the already small compartment into two separate compartments.  Just silly.  Fortunately, hacking it out is pretty easy!

Edit: 'hol up there; you fully removed the tray, you didn't just cut out the divider thingie?  Hmmm.  I think I'm gonna have to look back in there, re: freeing up even more space.

Edited by Wintersdark

15 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

This was the very first mod I did on mine.  It's baffling why that divider is in there, breaking the already small compartment into two separate compartments.  Just silly.  Fortunately, hacking it out is pretty easy!

Edit: 'hol up there; you fully removed the tray, you didn't just cut out the divider thingie?  Hmmm.  I think I'm gonna have to look back in there, re: freeing up even more space.

This was as close as I could get to the Jodrell Bank radio-telescope today. Seems that even science instruments need to be socially distanced. 

20200521_111450.jpg

20200521_112602.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)