Turn Signal Options

Shizzle

• Supporting Member
On 12/15/2020 at 8:18 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

"A X-Blaster Tail Light is going in this winter..."

Nice work.  Defensively speaking, it's always nice to be seen.  I think you'll really like the X-Blaster.  

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

16 minutes ago, whistler said:

Nice work.  Defensively speaking, it's always nice to be seen.  I think you'll really like the X-Blaster.  

Whistler - Any rationale for the names of your bikes?  Or just kind of pick one that sounds right?

Very fun

7 hours ago, thewrenchbender said:

Smoke-tested the Cyclops provided relay and completed splicing in the T700 rear adaptor cables (eliminated the bullet connectors) & installing the rear blinkers. 

Still need to posi tap in the brake signal.

Have the front cheek panels split but have gotten temporarily interrupted to go grocery shopping....

BD1EE8AB-664D-4D04-BEB9-D9B4CC589465.jpeg

Install complete and closed up. Only materials needed on top of T700 complete kit was solder, heat shrink, and about a foot of 22ga wire to stretch the brake wires from the signals...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, Yamajank said:

Whistler - Any rationale for the names of your bikes?  Or just kind of pick one that sounds right?

Very fun

Nah, no rhyme or reason, other than I'm an old school vet who's always believed sea-going vessels, aircraft and motorcycles will always be referred to as "she" and "her."  Way out of date and favor, but that's how I was raised before, during and following my Navy career.

After each bike's acquisition, I just looked at it for a few seconds and then named it in my head.  If it sounded right, the name just stuck.

I know...it's weird.

• Thumbsup 5
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, whistler said:

thanks

happy holidays to all and social distance responsibly!

CA now has over 2mil infected!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think anybody has mentioned the Yamaha Led replacements yet?

I had to choose between two young secondhand 2019 Tracers and both had these on so I figured it was a pretty common upgrade. But I don't see them often. I really like them but they are quite expensive.

• Thumbsup 1

On 12/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, thewrenchbender said:

Smoke-tested the Cyclops provided relay and completed splicing in the T700 rear adaptor cables (eliminated the bullet connectors) & installing the rear blinkers. 

Still need to posi tap in the brake signal.

Have the front cheek panels split but have gotten temporarily interrupted to go grocery shopping....

BD1EE8AB-664D-4D04-BEB9-D9B4CC589465.jpeg

Very happy with mine. Tapped the brake light and now have the turn signals light up RED under braking. Front running lights are decent as well👍🏻

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, petshark said:

I had to choose between two young secondhand 2019 Tracers and both had these on so I figured it was a pretty common upgrade. But I don't see them often. I really like them but they are quite expensive.

Not gonna pretend that I haven’t spent more on less, but I couldn’t get past the price.

Very pleased with the Cyclops kit (that I “found” here).

• Thumbsup 1

On 12/24/2020 at 4:42 AM, whistler said:

After each bike's acquisition, I just looked at it for a few seconds and then named it in my head.  If it sounded right, the name just stuck.

I know...it's weird.

A few seconds??? That's amazing! I also name my vehicles, but it takes a while for the name to appear. It's almost like the bike has to slowly unveil its name to me. 

• Thumbsup 3

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

On 1/4/2021 at 1:30 PM, petshark said:

These were fitted to my 2019 GT when I bought it, as fitted by the orginal supplying dealer. I've had an issue whereby all the indicators stopped working on the switch. Never had that on a Japanese moto before, WTF? Traced that fault right back to poor connections in (quickfit) bullet connectors YAMAHA provide for these led indicators. 

I've replaced these with proper waterproof automotive connectors which were soldered into the wiring loom, proper job. The fronts are wired seperately and they were fine then, last summer, but the NSF DRL is litterally now going on the blink. Good parts, very poor install. Thinking about it, they probably didn't charge much if any labour to the original buyer as these would have been fitted at the PDI stage, hence lack of time and care taken.

I'll need to get the front fairings off and see what lies beneath....

Yam front DRL fault.JPG

51wmGBLuu0L._SL1000_.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

11 hours ago, SortedGT said:

I've replaced these with proper waterproof automotive connectors which were soldered into the wiring loom, proper job. The fronts are wired seperately and they were fine then, last summer, but the NSF DRL is litterally now going on the blink. Good parts, very poor install.

I don't like the sound of that but good to know. Thanks for the info.

On 1/10/2021 at 2:01 PM, Jackson said:

I’ve been looking for flush mounted lights to replace the pumpkins. What are the ones that you have used? Are you happy with them?

I got these, but on the 2019 tracer I knew they wouldn’t really be that visible, so I made the hand guard lights as a “backup” (in the thread somewhere).  Haven’t been able to ride with either one, but I like the look of the flush mount and the homemade hand guard lights.

The link works...don’t know why it says that.

Edited by Yamajank