What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

24 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

Axle nuts don't spin, unless you are taking them off our putting them on. If they do you screwed up!

That nut is a eye candy though.

yup fergot...happens when ya gets old.....

I bump inta things,  too....

• Thumbsup 1

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

I had installed the $140.00 Cheapie exhaust from Amazon just before the ECU got sent off.....

"Anodizing Racing" ... it says "not for Tracer 900" but I lost the center stand and it worked out fine....

my ECU got bak from 2WDW today, and I got it bak in, the bike buttoned up, and took it for a ride.....

HOLY MONGOLOID DEMONIC CRAP  !

this thing is a BEAST ! !

THANK YOU 2WDW !

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

Had oil, filter, coolant, brake fluid all changed. Had my SW Motech skid plate powder coated (wrinkle black) and installed. Didn’t really like the look of the aluminum. Looked out of place IMO!

Oh, and I ordered a Sargeant seat......

A35FC5F2-6719-4F02-98ED-3AF5CCD27725.jpeg

60206705-142A-4473-80C6-546DCBE227FF.jpeg

FA9340C0-673F-423B-B18B-C0AEA1719146.jpeg

Edited by getpetey
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, getpetey said:

Had my SW Motech skid plate powder coated (wrinkle black) and installed.

I sprayed the inside of mine black, to hide the dirt that accumulates there, but  I really like the way yours looks. A other winter project I think.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, BBB said:

I sprayed the inside of mine black, to hide the dirt that accumulates there, but  I really like the way yours looks. A other winter project I think.

I wonder how some of that spray on sound deadener would work on the inside of the skid plate, to keep it from bouncing engine noise back to the rider.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

34 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

I wonder how some of that spray on sound deadener would work on the inside of the skid plate, to keep it from bouncing engine noise back to the rider.

Read on here somewhere that someone tried Dynamat???? Sounded like it was successful. 

• Premium Member

Y'all remember that annoying fad several years ago when people were painting the entire motorcycles in bedliner? 💩

Yeah, I do not miss that one bit. 

• Thumbsup 1
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

18 hours ago, getpetey said:

Had oil, filter, coolant, brake fluid all changed. Had my SW Motech skid plate powder coated (wrinkle black) and installed. Didn’t really like the look of the aluminum. Looked out of place IMO!

My bike looks very close to yours. A tip, I drilled a hole in the skid plate to allow me change oil without removing the plate next time. I think they should have done it by design.

I am not sure if you will like that but I painted the beak red to match the rest of the bike.

• Thumbsup 1

got the radiator guard in, and got it on...still have a tail tidy coming...Monday perhaps....

then mayhap more pix would be in order....

BugsinTeeth........

3 hours ago, Ahmed said:

My bike looks very close to yours. A tip, I drilled a hole in the skid plate to allow me change oil without removing the plate next time. I think they should have done it by design.

I am not sure if you will like that but I painted the beak red to match the rest of the bike.

I’ve thought about the hole, but haven’t gotten there yet.  I have also  thought about painting the beak, but also liked it black. Maybe someday. Any pics??

8 minutes ago, getpetey said:

I’ve thought about the hole, but haven’t gotten there yet.  I have also  thought about painting the beak, but also liked it black. Maybe someday. Any pics??

I took the first picture while changing oil last time so the skid plate is not on the bike but the bike was clean-ER. The second one has both. Enjoy 🙂

20191026_154400.jpg

20191025_181903.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

Started the fork upgrade, but found out I forget a tool... gotta wait a few days for the "inverted fork tool" to get to the upper shim stack 😑... at least I got the bottom one done and got the new spring in the other fork... 

In all honesty: it's not that difficult to do a DIY self kit...just remember to just break it loose the fork caps when still clamped in the triple tree...also crank the preload to max and flip the fork over to use a cordless impact to undo the bolt that holds the damper rod to the bottom of the fork...

I did it all myself, I used 2 ratchet straps and a 3/8 driver extension that was inserted in place of the axle to hook the ratchet straps to pull the spring compressor to unbolt the fork cap to replace the spring...

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
On 11/22/2019 at 11:08 PM, getpetey said:

Yes  you bought mine off eBay. Lol.  Funny how the FJ stars align. The red on the Sargent matches your bike to a T. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion.