{US} Tech Bulletin M2016-004 Cam Chain Tensioner Noise

• Premium Member
Had mine done today. By time I was home oil puking out the adjuster. Back to dealer next week. /(
That's why I do my own maintenance, and wait until enough warranty repairs have been completed that I'm comfortable that they know what they are doing...... 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not typical. Local dealer has two competent experienced mechanics. Neither are kids nor do they typically do sloppy work. This is quite out of character. I am only guessing at this point so will wait until I know more before I get critical.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Went in last week to my stealership after when first took delivery they said Yamaha will not to the TSB replacement until it makes nose, which now it does but the part is back ordered. Today they called and said it was back ordered for my 2015 until November 22 but maybe sooner!

Does anyone know if they're feeding me a line about the 2.5 month back order? Anyone get one installed recently?

Last I saw was August 15 but don't know if it which of the 2 different types of CCT.

38,000 and no unusual noise. Took it to the dealer before my trip at 35K and they listened and it was okay. It sounded better there then what I hear most of the time. So I am good for now. Not all FJs have this problem.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
At 1700 miles, mine ('15 bought this summer) is in the shop to have the SB completed for the second time. Currently it is waiting on parts but the shop made no mention of a back order, and only called them in 4-5 days ago.
What is "SB"? 
If you can find out if your CCT is in fact back-ordered and for how long and post back on it, I'd very much appreciate.  I don't unfortunately trust my dealer (or any for that matter).

At 1700 miles, mine ('15 bought this summer) is in the shop to have the SB completed for the second time. Currently it is waiting on parts but the shop made no mention of a back order, and only called them in 4-5 days ago.
What is "SB"?

I'm assuming "SB" stands for Service Bulletin as this issue is not an actual recall, just a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin).

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
38,000 and no unusual noise. ...  Not all FJs have this problem.
Mine also has no unusual noise at 12K miles. I hear a rattle for about 2 seconds after a cold start and then it quiets down. I figure it takes a few seconds to distribute the oil and that stops the rattle. 
I have been wondering if my FJ has already had some tensioner service because it has a white dot painted on it as shown in the photo. Does anyone know what the painted dot indicates?
4789616.jpg

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

@estell and @pcwizz Mine also has the white dot on the CCT. I know there have been several revisions to that part so I wonder which version the white dot indicates....

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA