What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

19 hours ago, nicksta43 said:

This is my first pinlock visor. I love the function, I hate looking through it. 

Too true. It gives off odd reflections in the sunlight, better than fogging up though. Hjc RPHA 70 for me. Only because the cheaper HJC IS-17 seems rounder and doesn't fit as well.  Damn. 

On 4/17/2019 at 7:41 PM, piotrek said:

Wish I had good things to say about my pinlock visor... been fighting with it for two weeks and can't get it to seal... so it fogs up. I will continue to experiment. Love the RPHA 70 otherwise.

I had the same thing with mine. It seemed to me that the "Skipfog" insert included seemed to hit the shields release mechanism. There would be some distortion where the insert contacts the shield. However, after sitting for a couple of weeks, due to our lovely spring weather, it seems to be fine now. I was even out on a cold night and experienced no issues..... Still, I wish it was a better fit, or an actual Pinlock insert right out of the box....

Edited by getpetey
Add to post..

• Premium Member

Trying to retire my Scorpion EXO T1200.  Excellent 1st impression.  3 years in, I'm replacing it.  It feels worn out.  The padding is worn out.  The air pump system to size the cheek pads leaks air.  I get a headache after about an hour on my forehead.  The protective styrofoam is wearing noticeably from the inside.  The sun visor scratches ridiculously easily.  The liner is frayed in places.  The plastic in the little sleeve around the helmet strap is cracked.  My previous two Shoei's never had these problems.  My first helmet, an HJC, didn't have Shoei longevity either.

It vents pretty well around the top of the head.  Mediocre at the chin.  Noise was similar to the Shoei X-11 which was never considered a quiet helmet.

I'm replacing it with a Klim TK1200 based on online reviews.  I only find it online (or 300+ miles away).  Ordered directly through Klim.  Rated a similar head shape.  Hopefully it fits.  Otherwise I'll be looking at Schuberth C3 Pros.

• 2 weeks later...

Shoei RF-1200

Had a Shoei Qwest before this and love how that brand fits my head.

Ignore the price tag - I bought mine in January at the bike show and paid less. 🙂

The matte finishes on helmets has come a long way - they are so simple to keep clean.

Rob 

IMG_1081.JPEG

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shoei Neotek 2, hands down the most comfortable and well made helmet that I have owned. I have a number of Arai full faces that are also great but the Neotek is my go to!

I have:
1 x Nolan N100-5 Consistency with Pinlock
1 x Nolan N70-2 X Grandes Alpes with Pinlock
1 x Nolan N44 - Evo with Pinlock - to my Vespa 300 Super Sport
All with N-COM 901 Intercom system.
Very pleased with these and how the sound in the N-Com system
(Has used Schuberth Consept and C2 for many years before.)

20190307_213324.jpg

Edited by Charlee
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 5/9/2019 at 9:03 AM, rlambke19 said:

Shoei RF-1200

Had a Shoei Qwest before this and love how that brand fits my head.

Ignore the price tag - I bought mine in January at the bike show and paid less. 🙂

The matte finishes on helmets has come a long way - they are so simple to keep clean.

Rob 

IMG_1081.JPEG

Ditto

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• 1 month later...

Shoei Neotec.  It's the only modular I've found that fits my head.  Now that I've had modular, I'[ll never go back.  Comes with internal sun screen and a pinlock shield.  Love the former, don't like the latter.  Lacks clarity.  Biggest problem is the price.

• Supporting Member
59 minutes ago, countersteer said:

Shoei Neotec.  It's the only modular I've found that fits my head.  Now that I've had modular, I'[ll never go back.  Comes with internal sun screen and a pinlock shield.  Love the former, don't like the latter.  Lacks clarity.  Biggest problem is the price.

I recently did a 7 day ride with a buddy who just got a new Shoei Neotec, he didn't stop raving about the helmet the entire 7 days. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Scuberth helmet for me. Having a pin head "very small" I find it difficult to get a helmet that fits comfortably. 

I've had several shard helmets which I have been very happy with but the Scuberth is sensational. The only thing it is missing though is a pinlock, which I will ensure I get on the next one.

They aren't cheep though so I have to wait until they come on special here is Australia.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)