What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I finally fitted the Givi engine guards.  I ended up buying a full set of replacement bolts as the ones supplied looked to be low quality and had damaged threads.  I am  happy with the install, but did find the lower bolt a pain.  I ended up supporting the bike from above so no weight was on the side or centre stand.  

20200913_100039.jpg

On 9/5/2020 at 10:22 AM, keithu said:

I recently bought some wicking underwear from Duluth Trading Company and they worked great on my 4000 mile trip. I got the long boxer briefs so the seams at the ends of the legs were well away from where I sit. Wicking moisture away has a huge effect on comfort. 

I've tried padded bicycle shorts in the past but I think these worked better.

Their Fire Hose pants are also my go to for motorcycling (and everyday use). Super comfortable and wears like iron.

• Thumbsup 2

All this talk of suspensions got me to tweak mine a bit.  I'm only 150 lbs so take that into consideration.  And this setup is without bags.  Bike has almost 5000 miles.  Tire pressure 34 front/rear.  Front preload on the 4th line (so 3 lines showing).  Front compression 10 out, front rebound 5 out.  Rear preload 1, rear rebound 3 out.  I thought it was fabulous.  I'd love to see if I could tell the difference between some of these aftermarket setups.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, Yamajank said:

All this talk of suspensions got me to tweak mine a bit.

Good Job!  The best thing you can do is make a change and go out and ride to see how it feels so you know what each setting does.  I always carry a screwdriver with me so I can just pull over, add or subtract 1-2 clicks, get right back on the road and see how that change feels.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Have always found it difficult to access the ignition key and made it even worse when I recently rotated the handlebar bases to move the bars slightly forward. So, after reading an old post confirming the caps can be rotated as well, I turned them 180 degrees which moves the “points” to the rear and opens up the space to access the key a bit.  

7DB63345-923E-4F04-8A43-3497545F9F97.jpeg

• Thumbsup 6

Hi,

Just gave the bike a bath.

1475 glorious miles in KY, VA, NC, and TN.  Asphalt cornering bliss..... 

T31's grip is great, tipping into corners with confidence. 

But, I need to fix the ZZZZZZZZZing clutch vibration and snatchy throttle.

Anybody got a clutch tool for sale or rent?

See ya

bill

• Thumbsup 3

On 9/14/2020 at 3:20 PM, banderso said:

Hi,

Just gave the bike a bath.

1475 glorious miles in KY, VA, NC, and TN.  Asphalt cornering bliss..... 

T31's grip is great, tipping into corners with confidence. 

Speaking of fun Kentucky roads...a buddy of mine was supposed to join me next week and backed out.  Has anyone ever seen a website for trying to find a companion for a trip?  Or a group even?  Or just to see if there are rides happening in the area?

• Premium Member

Traxxion Dynamics called this morning saying the bike is ready. Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but I’m all giddy like a kid on Christmas Eve wanting to go get it right now!

• Like 3

Did a short 30 mile ride on highway to get the latest Ken Follett novel. Quite (way too) fast to get there before 9pm. It was 7C (45F) outside... T-shirt under a perfecto (a good one though), jeans, running shoes, open face helmet, no gloves. Even if the heated grips helped a lot, I'm still freezing behind my computer...

Yep, another summer is dead here in Québec.

Signed : An old monkey (­>300 k!!) that never learns

if-youre-freezing-to-death-look-up.jpg

Edited by François Brion
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 3sum said:

Traxxion Dynamics called this morning saying the bike is ready. Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but I’m all giddy like a kid on Christmas Eve wanting to go get it right now!

Happy Aww GIF by MCDM

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Yamajank said:

Speaking of fun Kentucky roads...a buddy of mine was supposed to join me next week and backed out.  Has anyone ever seen a website for trying to find a companion for a trip?  Or a group even?  Or just to see if there are rides happening in the area?

Hi, where are you located?

See ya

bill

• Premium Member

Installed Galfer rotors I got from @mattemike last year as well as new EBC HH Pads. Really easy removing the rotors once you heat the bolt well. Also (paid local BMW dealer to) put a Q3+ on the front while I'm at it. If anyone wants the OEM rotors (9K miles) let me know (just pay shipping from 20165) 

2020-09-18 15_18_27.png

2020-09-18 15_19_00.png

2020-09-18 15_19_41.png

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2