What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I parked the FJ-09 for a few days... Its been 8months since I have ridden the HP-07(FZ-07 w/Hordpower kit) beyond my block... I miss riding this little bike, feels good to ride "naked" ?... its a little rough round the edges compared to the FJ-09 but they both suit each other very well for majority my motorcycle needs... 
20171005_164616-1.jpg

Everyone I know that has a FZ-07 loves it... fun bike.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I parked the FJ-09 for a few days... Its been 8months since I have ridden the HP-07(FZ-07 w/Hordpower kit) beyond my block... I miss riding this little bike, feels good to ride "naked" ?... its a little rough round the edges compared to the FJ-09 but they both suit each other very well for majority my motorcycle needs... 
20171005_164616-1.jpg

Everyone I know that has a FZ-07 loves it... fun bike.

it can be quite a character... its not the fastest in terms of MPH but has an abundance of shyt eating grins on tap... perfect bike for city/urban areas or areas of heavy traffic...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
20171005_164616-1.jpg

Just like the '17 FJ, I LOVE that black and white color scheme.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

20171005_164616-1.jpg

Just like the '17 FJ, I LOVE that black and white color scheme.

Suppose you might like my bike then wink.png. I've really tried to run with the white/black scheme even got the white piping on the corbin, only thing I feel really needs to be done now is paint the forks black I think that'd bring it all together. 

20170815_193549.jpg

20170718_202530.jpg
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Installed my pazzo shorties, expensive but very well made stuff and I love having both levers be adjustable. The shorty clutch is taking a little getting used to but I think I will like it a lot more in the long run.

20180705_160207.jpg

20180705_160222.jpg

'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Forgot to take photos...heck, who am I kidding, I rarely take photos...but today, I installed a collection of SW-MOTECH "upgrades. First, the very-simple-to-install Sidestand Foot Enlarger. Next, a 1-1/8" Barback Offset Handlebar Risers. And, last, but not least, a skid plate. My only "problem" is that I think I still need to slightly adjust the bars, as the angle (after adjusting it twice) still isn't quite right. I'm sure I'll get it right next time - as they say, "Third time's a charm."

Wordsmith: would it be possible for you to provide an actual link to the ebay folding levers? It would be appreciated! rain

See link below, which will take you to an extensive range of brake and clutch levers in all colours for Tracers.   Not having kept a record I cannot identify the exact ones I bought, but the levers were stamped somewhere discreet with 'FJ', from memory.   You can see that on my second pic.   I believe that I paid about AUD$40 or so for the pair.   You should order them as both adjustable span and folding, for the best features.   I found gold ones chimed nicely with the gold fork on the bike, with being OTT or too blingy... 
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_vxp=mtr&_sacat=10063&_nkw=folding+levers+for+Yamaha+FJ-09+Tracer&_fosrp=1

I hope this assists...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Not exactly FJ specific, but the FJ will be inside it at some point. My last major act as a single man I drove ~1300 miles in 36 hours from Missouri to Georgia and back to pick up a sweet little trailer. 2007 Conway 6' x 12'. Rusted pretty good around the trim but comes with fresh insulation and air conditioning / heater unit. Plus a fresh set of rain tires and some warmers! Plus wheel chock and shelf on the inside. Only $1600. I'm perfectly satisfied with the deal.

D8A6Wf8.jpg?1
  • Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

Thanks, wordsmith, I left off the term 'folding' when searching and wasn't seeing these.
I already bought another inexpensive set, and there are three annoyances:
1. The clutch lever bottoms out on the light switch housing, limiting it's travel.
2. The brake lever has no bushing, it's the bike's shoulder bolt against the anodized aluminum bore of the lever.
3. The brake lever is dimensioned such that it's a hair-trigger, no free travel at all before it's down to business.

Have you noticed any of these type of design problems with your folding set?
Thanks again,

rain

Thanks, wordsmith, I left off the term 'folding' when searching and wasn't seeing these. I already bought another inexpensive set, and there are three annoyances:
1. The clutch lever bottoms out on the light switch housing, limiting it's travel.
2. The brake lever has no bushing, it's the bike's shoulder bolt against the anodized aluminum bore of the lever.
3. The brake lever is dimensioned such that it's a hair-trigger, no free travel at all before it's down to business.

Thanks again,

rain

In a word - no!   Sorry that I cannot be more precise with identifying the specific ones I bought (I had two different sets for two bikes) but experienced none of those issues.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Thanks, wordsmith, I left off the term 'folding' when searching and wasn't seeing these. I already bought another inexpensive set, and there are three annoyances:

Thanks again,

rain

Rain- check your stock levers and remove the bushing. You can usually install the stock bushing in aftermarket levers to help with that “slop”.

HTH, Skip

At the end of the day, $25 for a set of levers, ya get what ya pay for.
Simple, put them in your vise and run a reamer into the hole. Or go oversize, press in an oil-lite and then ream to size.

What, you guys don't all have a machine shop in your garden shed?