What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member

I was originally planning on riding into Oregon today but I got a call from a buddy who invited me along on a ride with a few other guys on adventure bikes.  We rode up to the Olympic Peninsula and then up some forest roads in Olympic National Forest, even with sport tires, the FJ did just fine up to about 35mph on damp dirt/gravel roads, though the bike is now filthy. 

image.thumb.png.72401d5a689d2397cd7c976f9dbd710c.png

image.thumb.png.39a84c916d1c40fdc1778bb299d7e8bb.png

image.thumb.png.5a5550ead0753bf5c95e5054e1036df4.png

image.thumb.png.1b6f643e3f391eedfce2c1789b111cc8.png

image.thumb.png.542175194a7096bae1b657491ac51f7b.png

• Thumbsup 7
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Today Installed custom made bar weight, immediately head out to highway 140-160km, huge huge difference, even accelerate, vibration has reduced, I would put it 60-70% vibration reduction. Prior heading to shop, did a run to make sure am awared how bad the vibration. If cruising 100-130, it’s a sweet spot there. Now that it has reduced, realised at 140-160, the seat vibration is most, second is foot peg(bought the rubber one yet to change). 

anyone managed to reduce vibration of the seat, does JEL like seat solve/reduce it? 

one ignorant been having 3 bikes now, tot bar end is to protect handlebar when drop, huh! 

107151A6-AC39-4A88-9CDA-0DF9BCCA4589.jpeg

FC6DB500-9572-42F7-97F5-1176817F8E7B.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, enx said:

Preparing for winter.

Yesterday I washed it and today I spayed everything, except tires and brakes, with silicone spray.

I have never heard of doing that before... does it dry or how do you get the silicone off when ready to ride again?  And is there no issues spraying it on the seat, grips or control switches?

• Supporting Member

The local suspension shop had a 25% off Black Friday sale, so I called and got $600 store credit for $450!

I have my suspension serviced every other winter and it is coincidentally due this winter, - perfect timing.  👍

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Installed my Gerbing heated gear plug. Not crazy about the look of the location but it works and is out of my way when sitting on the bike. Winter officially starts here Monday. Put the Yamaha touring windscreen on it as well. Hate the look of the thing but it does the intended job, keep the wind off me. Cleaned up the chain real good. 

On the fence about my tail bag on the rear seat. I think I need to order the SW Motech tail rack and move it there. Just hate adding a few more lbs for a tail rack that will replace the cool passenger grab bars I kinda like to use when moving the bike around. 

ED83CE3D-B0FE-446D-A2EE-75A4B06A0EFD.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

10 hours ago, roy826 said:

Installed my Gerbing heated gear plug. Not crazy about the look of the location but it works and is out of my way when sitting on the bike. Winter officially starts here Monday. Put the Yamaha touring windscreen on it as well. Hate the look of the thing but it does the intended job, keep the wind off me. Cleaned up the chain real good. 

On the fence about my tail bag on the rear seat. I think I need to order the SW Motech tail rack and move it there. Just hate adding a few more lbs for a tail rack that will replace the cool passenger grab bars I kinda like to use when moving the bike around. 

ED83CE3D-B0FE-446D-A2EE-75A4B06A0EFD.jpeg

Think those bags look neat and tidy.  👍

• Supporting Member

Added an $19  eBay magnetic tank bag. Really like the SW Motech EVO  but don't like the price. I've got FJR panniers on back so don't need much in the way of storage up front. Side magnets worked but the front and rear ones didn't sit on metal. I removed the front and rear magnets from their velcro compartments and doubled up the magnets in the side compartments. Placed a magnet pad from an old car dash mounted phone holder I had in the junk drawer on the lower center of the bag rear and it is rock solid when riding. Added some zipper pulls for ease of use with gloves and a velcro strap that goes to the handle bar for extra security. 

For reference my phone in the clear pocket is a HTC 10 which measures 6" tall by 3 1/8" wide. The pocket below that one holds an E-Z pass transponder.

Purchased from sunnypurchase on ebay for $19 including shipping and took about 12 days for delivery.

Total Investment $20  🙂 

Black Motorcycle Motor 1680D Waterproof Nylon Tank Bag Back Seat Storage Bag.  

s-l400.jpg

Material: 1680D Waterproof Nylon. There are 3 Pocket in this...

Tank Bag 1.jpg

Tank Bag 2.jpg

Tank Bag 3.jpg

Edited by Heli ATP

• Premium Member

It was easy peasy I've added several circuits to the bike, most with relays, twin driving lights, side marker lights, added running lights to the rear turn signals, everything's LED with a LED flasher, hard-wired phone plug, coaxial and SAE powerplugs, auxiliary brake lights, hardwired radar detector and GPS, mcruise control, dual horns, headlight modulator, etc.

DC is easy