What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 11/28/2020 at 11:18 AM, betoney said:

The local suspension shop had a 25% off Black Friday sale, so I called and got $600 store credit for $450!

I have my suspension serviced every other winter and it is coincidentally due this winter, - perfect timing.  👍

Good catch! By the way, what is our local suspension shop here south sound? 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Salish900 said:

Good catch! By the way, what is our local suspension shop here south sound? 

KFG Motorsports in Auburn, I have been using them for many years, they do great work.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Salish900 said:

Installed my Evotech radiator guard tonight. Armoring up. 

IMG_2377.jpeg

+1! Very high quality, precise design & build, 1 piece aluminum with side box protection, tough coating, easy to clean, reasonable price for the value.easy install...

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 11/23/2020 at 6:52 AM, peteinpa said:

I bought my Cycle Guys bag for my FZ-07 it's a size 3. It's small for the FJ-09, but can be pulled, squeezed on and works fine.

The FJ-09 isn't called out for in any size, I'm thinking of ordering another one as a spare. Let me know if you find out what fits.

These guys seem to have a bunch yet:

https://4wheelonline.com/motorcycle/the-cycle-guys-fastpack-tail-bags.208217.0

I wish I knew what size your cycle guys tail pack is. I dug out mine which I had reinforced the fabric corners on a while back and forced it on my pillion saddle. it doesn't look anywhere as large is yours or fit as nicely but it will work. I'm not going to spend more money on a chance that the link you sent has the right size. So I'll keep what I've got even though it doesn't look great but it's functional. I don't know how it'll hold up but yours definitely looks a lot better

I also have a Nelson Riggs CL series tail pack nicely but when I'm not using it why keep it on the cycle guys one at least I can leave on and use in a pinch

20201201_193005.jpg

20201201_192851.jpg

20201201_192734.jpg

It's in the post you quoted: size 3. Is your source still available at $20 something?    

I'm thinking our seat will take the largest size made.

That's why I like mine. It's always there.  I can buy something on a whim and get it home. Still fighting getting hard bags.

• Thumbsup 1

On 12/20/2015 at 6:50 AM, builderbob said:

Yesterday:

Removed the SW Motech crash guards and replaced with GIVI guards. The GIVI pieces offer engine case protection where the SW Motech do not. After seeing the carnage suffered by other members without some kind of engine case protection, I decided to step it up.

The GIVI units also provide more options for mounting highway pegs and aux lighting.

The SW Motech bars will be in the for-sale section soon.

I have a 2017 FJ-09 and I'm shopping for crash guards and am torn between SW-Motech and Givi.  I found your comment and would love to know more about your choice to replace SWM with Givi?

Tom

Pittsburgh, PA, USA

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, peteinpa said:

It's in the post you quoted: size 3. Is your source still available at $20 something?    

I'm thinking our seat will take the largest size made.

That's why I like mine. It's always there.  I can buy something on a whim and get it home. Still fighting getting hard bags.

I'll when and find it on my eBay summary, he was the original owner.

Washed her after last ride (couple of days ago) and then removed City Bags with all mounting brackets (available if you're interested in OEM panniers). After that I installed quick release Givi luggage racks together with Wolfman Expedition soft dry saddlebags.

15 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Now that's just weird.  You should be instead riding it.  And when not be environmentally conscious and use LED "bulbs". 😆

I did ride it! I had a drive-by activity for work, so I decorated the bike for it. The leadership wanted to hand out gifts and we were supposed to dress festively, but I dressed up the bike instead of me. I did have a santa hat stuck on my helmet too. I need to take a night-time ride to show off the lights. It is a strand of the C9-style LED lights, and I have it hooked up to a little inverter in the tank bag. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1