What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 3sum said:

I still haven’t ridden since mid November. It’s either been raining or too cold. 

I feel your pain, Ive only been out 3 times since Thanksgiving for the same reasons.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Last ride back in December after my return from Europe. Sold it in January. 3 weeks later got 2019 Tracer but haven’t had a chance to ride it yet. Just farkling…and added few reflective stripes to the front end for extra visability at night.

7A0CFBD9-C07B-40B5-A795-5A151A5930F2.jpeg

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

ya ... not much motorcycle riding around here.  😢

It was -38ºC when I got up the following morning and found my furnace had shut off because the regulator on my propane tanks had frozen.  🤬

Lucky for me it was only down to 14ºC inside when I found out and started to thaw the regulator.

cold.jpg

Edited by Heavy
  • Sad 2

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

Yesterday was a major milestone day - had Warchild-wife on the back of the Tracer for the first time since her spine surgery last September!   🔥🔥🔥 The destination was one of the many hundreds of RTE (Ride-to-Eat) locations that is part of another Long Distance-oriented self-paced tours called "RTExUSA" ==> "Ride To Eat across the USA": Hale's Tavern located in Hermiston, Oregon:

AnnieHalesTaverncloseup.thumb.jpg.ae6bff134010500c21bed54d9420abac.jpg

HalesTavern.thumb.jpg.00dad8e5cf7438f048c9b1af77d55fce.jpg

They have some rather sizable portions in their meals:

AnnieHalesTavernFood.thumb.jpg.a1dd7c7d8544236e89afbaf471150f66.jpg

They have a menu that's a small book:

HalesBeer.thumb.jpg.13dceb958a7030797c91665d77b9634a.jpg

Did I mention they have sizable food portions?  😮

hamandeggs.thumb.jpg.32b00fd53c951aa2084c1e2606d6732e.jpg

On the way home, the Tracer's odometer passed 16,000 miles, I guess I have that Servicing to do now, along with finally installing that Yoshimura full system I scored a few months back. Also taking this time to replace the OEM chain/sprockets pre-emptively now, instead of waiting till July/Aug, when the chain gives it up and will no longer maintain its proper slack.  🙄

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 4

I am lining up to do a bit 20K bit of maintenance on the tracer, and one of the bits is the coolant.   What is everyone using?  I see the Yamacool stuff kind of hit/miss on being able to find it.   there are a ton of valid options, so I was curious what ya'll were going with. 

• Supporting Member
On 2/4/2023 at 11:18 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Let us know how it goes with some pics!

No pics, but a good day.  Covered about 175 miles on the FJ yesterday, with an amazing long lunch break for barbecued crab on Galveston island.    And today was early morning breakfast tacos on the Speed Twin, and I’m about to take the XR out for an afternoon coffee run. 

Three fun bikes; all running… life is good 😀

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 3

• Supporting Member
56 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

No pics, but a good day.  Covered about 175 miles on the FJ yesterday, with an amazing long lunch break for barbecued crab on Galveston island.    And today was early morning breakfast tacos on the Speed Twin, and I’m about to take the XR out for an afternoon coffee run. 

Three fun bikes; all running… life is good 😀

3 bikes and 3 different food destinations. Love it! 👍🏻

• Like 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Clegg78 said:

I am lining up to do a bit 20K bit of maintenance on the tracer, and one of the bits is the coolant.   What is everyone using?  I see the Yamacool stuff kind of hit/miss on being able to find it.   there are a ton of valid options, so I was curious what ya'll were going with. 

Whatever is available at the bike shop, usually Bel Ray or Maxima. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 2/3/2023 at 1:20 PM, draco_1967 said:

The little used Cricut machine I bought is turning out to be a good purchase!

NgTzM9rAeHz-G8xthaZsThWmk4vQgtbwEvGr5paD

I like how this turned out. It was a little tricky figuring out how to do the dual color decal with everything staying parallel, but it worked out. I still need to do the other side. I am curious to see how much lifting I get on the edges of the blocks. 

Oh, that looks amazing.  Absolutely.  

My plan is to cover just the upper surface of those parts with a clear PPF vinyl as they're both high wear areas (tank with my knees, front panels with crap off the road) - that would ensure there's no peeling of blocks.