What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Took "Little Red Riding Hood" out for its first ride of the year down to the local Dyno tuner to tune the "S10" 😎... 

How much power??? It's not important as getting good AFR readings 😛

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, norcal616 said:

How much power??? It's not important as getting good AFR readings 😛

A smooth power curve and correct AFR means much more to me than a number on a sheet of paper. 👍🏻

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

First oil change at 600 miles.

IMG_8774-X3.jpg

I have been changing oil on bikes for 40+ years and this one is EASY.  No muss, no fuss.  Everything is out in the open and you can do it hot without burning yourself.  Nice design Yamaha.

Rob

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

@norcal616 - At the risk of getting doxxed for going too far off-topic, can you elaborate a bit on that S10?   Is it a turbo LS swap or something similar? 

I may have built is spiritual forefather back in my high school days, when I stuffed a 454 in a Chevy LUV mini truck.   It was an amateur effort, and an absurdly dangerous vehicle to drive, but damn it was fun!  

• Thumbsup 1

6 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

@norcal616 - At the risk of getting doxxed for going too far off-topic, can you elaborate a bit on that S10?   Is it a turbo LS swap or something similar? 

I may have built is spiritual forefather back in my high school days, when I stuffed a 454 in a Chevy LUV mini truck.   It was an amateur effort, and an absurdly dangerous vehicle to drive, but damn it was fun!  

409sbc(factory "509" cast block), twin 76 fidget spinners, blow thru carb on race e85... I can detail more in PM to keep thread on topic..

• Like 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, motopumps said:

First oil change at 600 miles.

IMG_8774-X3.jpg

I have been changing oil on bikes for 40+ years and this one is EASY.  No muss, no fuss.  Everything is out in the open and you can do it hot without burning yourself.  Nice design Yamaha.

Rob

I have to fill my glass more towards the top. If I don't the idiot light comes on going down the road. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sirepair said:

Another RTW, without forest rat intervention...

Another RTW?  As in 'Round The World?

I think we need more information and stories!    Glad to hear the forest rats didn't come running out of the woodworks.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, sirepair said:

RTW = Ride To Work.  

I hit a deer on my RTW a few weeks back. Super fortunate to have had minimal damage to bike and I didn't go down!

Lol...  I guess I spent too much time on the ADV forums reading a few of their wild threads.

Well, after three days of polishing, waxing, armor all-ing, and RRR of the headlight/instrument bracket, the bike looks practically new again except for a few love marks from the various roads and bugs that decided to leave their permanent mark.  The new RS IIIs feel great and the bike is ready for the next adventure.  Unfortunately, this will be with a new owner as I have made the move to an adventure bike while I am still young (49) and strong enough to handle such fun (or frustration).   This was a fun bike to ride and it re-inspired me to enjoy motorcycling again after suffering through a boring sport bike for a few years.  I managed to complete the Lake Superior Circle tour and also a 3250 mile trip to Boise Id. and back in nine days last year with the bike performing the solo runs flawlessly.  Life has changed for me and I have chosen to seek adventure in my own backyard (state) with a few select out-of-state rides here and there.  I have also joined an adventure riding group to be around more like-minded people as I miss the camaraderie of group rides.   An interested buyer has offered $5K for my 2016 with 19,850mi. with the tall touring V-Stream windscreen, Givi crash bars, Fz-6 rubberized foot pegs, new tires, new-ish chain, Beak, and pre-wired for GPS/phone. 

IMG_1505.jpg

Edited by dedsxy47
  • Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
On 5/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, micah2074 said:

I have to fill my glass more towards the top. If I don't the idiot light comes on going down the road. 

Right you are, Sir.  Indeed, about 3 miles into my RTW, I got some lights.  Went off about a minute later heading up a hill.  Will top up when I get home.  Surprised that between the hash marks is not enough...

Definitely got my attention.

Rob

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, dedsxy47 said:

Well, after three days of polishing, waxing, armor all-ing, and RRR of the headlight/instrument bracket, the bike looks practically new again except for a few love marks from the various roads and bugs that decided to leave their permanent mark.  The new RS IIIs feel great and the bike is ready for the next adventure.  Unfortunately, this will be with a new owner as I have made the move to an adventure bike while I am still young (49) and strong enough to handle such fun (or frustration).   This was a fun bike to ride and it re-inspired me to enjoy motorcycling again after suffering through a boring sport bike for a few years.  I managed to complete the Lake Superior Circle tour and also a 3250 mile trip to Boise Id. and back in nine days last year with the bike performing the solo runs flawlessly.  Life has changed for me and I have chosen to seek adventure in my own backyard (state) with a few select out-of-state rides here and there.  I have also joined an adventure riding group to be around more like-minded people as I miss the camaraderie of group rides.   An interested buyer has offered $5K for my 2016 with 19,850mi. with the tall touring V-Stream windscreen, Givi crash bars, Fz-6 rubberized foot pegs, new tires, new-ish chain, Beak, and pre-wired for GPS/phone. 

IMG_1505.jpg

Which ADV bike have you decided on?

Rob