What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

If you look at my past posts with suncoaster regarding Plumbing remote vacuum lines to each throttle body and running them out the left front frame opening and making them accessible so you can check TBS sync without touching a thing

I think I saw that post. Very smart idea.

6 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

If you look at my past posts with suncoaster regarding Plumbing remote vacuum lines to each throttle body and running them out the left front frame opening and making them accessible so you can check TBS sync without touching a thing

Smart idea. I've done that on the 3 Vstroms I owned. It saves a lot of work. 

installed my new bar risers today. had to re route the throttle cables a bit differently at the top triple clamp so they were not like a piano wire at full lock. i also spun around the base risers so i only got 10mm rearward instead of 20mm.

link to the risers i ordered.

risers

005.jpg

Edited by trevinator
  • Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member

Went to Washington Cycleworks in NJ to get sag set and suspension adjusted.  Was too flat a profile before and now turns better and holds line after my service. Talked suspension upgrades too if I go that route...  A great place to visit if you're in the Northeast.

Washington Cycle Works
5 NJ-31, Washington, NJ 07882
https://maps.app.goo.gl/yc6DQxZUEUFWxKvr8

• Thumbsup 1

On 6/15/2020 at 5:00 PM, tktplz said:

+1 on the carbtune!

Absolutely.  Multichannel vacuum guages work too, but so often I see people recommending DIY bottle/tube/oil constructions, but buying the stuff to make one costs roughly the same as one of these, and even if you've got stuff on hand, these work so well - and so effortlessly - that it's really a case of "just buy the right damn tool for the job".  No worries about sucking oil into the engine (which, while ultimately harmless, is pretty counterproductive), it's light, easy to hang right where you're working, etc.  

I figure they ought to pay me for how hard I promote their tool :)

• Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I figure they ought to pay me for how hard I promote their tool :)

I've had mine since the late 90's. Got my 1st Gen 1 VMax, a 1994, yellow Max in 1998 and found out you need to set the vacuum on the carbs every 4,000 miles or so. If a VMax has a lope at idle it isn't the cams as some would say it's the vacuum is off. It should idle smooth. Having 3 Gen 1 VMaxes I've used it regularly and it's a great tool that I've never had to buy Mercury for. I don't know if you get it with a case now days like in the picture but I had to buy my case separately. Yup, a great tool for sure.....  😁 

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
On 6/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, mikerbiker said:

Went to Washington Cycleworks in NJ to get sag set and suspension adjusted.  Was too flat a profile before and now turns better and holds line after my service. Talked suspension upgrades too if I go that route...  A great place to visit if you're in the Northeast.

Washington Cycle Works
5 NJ-31, Washington, NJ 07882
https://maps.app.goo.gl/yc6DQxZUEUFWxKvr8

@mikerbikerI Have used them many times and have recommended them on the forum. I have always been happy with their work.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member

I replaced my front tire today, and also installed EBC HH front brake pads while I had it apart. 

The previous front tire was a Road 5 that lasted 10302 miles. I probably could have squeezed a few more miles out of it, but it was definitely looking a bit ragged and was at the wear bars in a few places. I switched to a Road 5 GT, just to see if there is any difference in feel and/or wear. My rear Road 5 has 5900 miles on it and still plenty of life. I'm not one of those "Always replace tires in pairs" people, I run tires until they're done. 

• Thumbsup 3

i ordered 4 auxiliary lights for the front to mount on the crash bars so people might actually notice me and not pull out in front of me!

also, i put a deposit down for a seat from terry adcox! ☺️ he is booked out till december, so this year will be run on a stock seat, but it will be worth the wait im sure!

Edit: also ordered a vstream touring windscreen today too.

Edited by trevinator

• Supporting Member

@betoney - I've said it before but you have some wonderfully scenic riding locations at your disposal!  Keep those photos coming.  That never gets old.

P.S. I've got one of those PowerTye cargo nets (that I think you have?) on the way to me.  Looks like a handy item to have.