• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

39 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Huh.  The cables on mine are simply too short to allow that.  I absolutely have to disconnect/reconnect to do it. 

Well like I said the wiring harness on the 2020 will pull through the holder clip on the side of air box. Once that’s pulled through it’s a simple slide out of the slot on top of air box lifting the two tabs on top of air box slot. Reinstall is the reverse. 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Huh.  The cables on mine are simply too short to allow that.  I absolutely have to disconnect/reconnect to do it. 

Same on mine, I have very little slack on the lines to the ECU, I could maybe slide the ECU an inch.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Today, I installed the VStream tall windscreen and went for a test ride. Definitely made an improvement reducing the noise level over the OEM.  I have a nice still air cockpit now in the highest position once I added the cheap deflection device at the top. The wind is well over my helmet. I’m just under 5’10”. (Sounds better than 5’9”) With my visor up, things are super quiet. Maybe it’s so quiet that now I can hear an annoying buzzing at 4100-4500 rpms as I shift up. Has anyone else noticed this buzzing?

12 hours ago, betoney said:

Same on mine, I have very little slack on the lines to the ECU, I could maybe slide the ECU an inch.

I was able to noodle the airbox off without disconnecting the ECU on my '15. I would get the wire bundles out of their notch in the airbox, get everything on the airbox loose and off the throttle bodies. Then slide the ECU out the inch or inch and a half it allows, then slide the airbox in the opposite direction. 

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

With the current SE US fuel situation due to the pipeline hack. I’ve resorted back to toting my rotopax 1 gal fuel can. Moved Nelson rigg tail bag to rear seat and mounted the rotopax to my SW Motech tail rack. Did a similar thing back when I had a Concours 14 and I went on a trip during a hurricane created fuel shortage few years back. Simply 50+ miles of insurance. Or extending the misery which ever way you choose to look at it. Lol 

I’ll ride locally like this until the current pipeline situation gets under control. 

AD1B3798-3A78-4202-ACAC-BC68E854CF35.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

I petted it, told it "good girl, atta girl" and gently wiped off some garage dust. 

Too busy to ride, plus driveway is getting new blacktop and I can't run over it for a day or so until it cures.

7 hours ago, draco_1967 said:

I put it up on the newest tool in the garage. I think I am going to love this!

20210513_174130.thumb.jpg.4b8dba0c67dcd77f3142efea816bceb1.jpg

I've had my Handy lift for10 years. Only issue was right out of the box my foot pedal controller blew apart. Handy replaced it no more issues.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:07 AM, roy826 said:

With the current SE US fuel situation due to the pipeline hack. I’ve resorted back to toting my rotopax 1 gal fuel can. Moved Nelson rigg tail bag to rear seat and mounted the rotopax to my SW Motech tail rack. Did a similar thing back when I had a Concours 14 and I went on a trip during a hurricane created fuel shortage few years back. Simply 50+ miles of insurance. Or extending the misery which ever way you choose to look at it. Lol 

I’ll ride locally like this until the current pipeline situation gets under control. 

AD1B3798-3A78-4202-ACAC-BC68E854CF35.jpeg

What mirrors do you have on your bike?  I think the stock mirrors are a potential wind noise source and was thinking of putting some bar end mirrors or something else on....

6 minutes ago, CRFan250 said:

What mirrors do you have on your bike?  I think the stock mirrors are a potential wind noise source and was thinking of putting some bar end mirrors or something else on....

The Rottweiler mounts with CRG arrow mirrors

\Not a straight bolt on to the hand guards. You'll need longer mounting bolts than come with the kit and some nylon spacers sourced from your local hardware store.

• Thumbsup 2

52 minutes ago, roy826 said:

The Rottweiler mounts with CRG arrow mirrors

\Not a straight bolt on to the hand guards. You'll need longer mounting bolts than come with the kit and some nylon spacers sourced from your local hardware store.

Did you use like a block type spacer and cut it to fit...I am trying to picture this.  I really like that set up.

2 hours ago, CRFan250 said:

Did you use like a block type spacer and cut it to fit...I am trying to picture this.  I really like that set up.

No I used some nylon spacers but don’t recall the exact length. I do have pictures I’ll post. Basically the spacers and longer mounting bolts were to take up the recess gap on the tracer hand guards since they’re not flush like the Ktm hand guards these are intended for. You just can see the nylon spacers in first picture. They make up the gap in the recess on the hand guards and put the Rottweiler mount flush with inside of hand guard lip. 

EE04A0BC-88C7-452C-A3A0-D20571D3233A.jpeg

036FACC4-92A8-48A1-864D-B97A534C37CC.jpeg

17 minutes ago, roy826 said:

No I used some nylon spacers but don’t recall the exact length. I do have pictures I’ll post. Basically the spacers and longer mounting bolts were to take up the recess gap on the tracer hand guards since they’re not flush like the Ktm hand guards these are intended for. You just can see the nylon spacers in first picture. They make up the gap in the recess on the hand guards and put the Rottweiler mount flush with inside of hand guard lip. 

EE04A0BC-88C7-452C-A3A0-D20571D3233A.jpeg

036FACC4-92A8-48A1-864D-B97A534C37CC.jpeg

Awesome...got it!  Thanks for the pics!!  Looks like Home depot has spacers that would work.👍

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CRFan250 said:

@roy826 Do you have the PN for that SW Motech rack, by chance?

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, draco_1967 said:

I put it up on the newest tool in the garage. I think I am going to love this!

20210513_174130.thumb.jpg.4b8dba0c67dcd77f3142efea816bceb1.jpg

Why didn't you get / mount the wheel stop - vice?  It obviate the need for tie downs unless you're really cranking on something laterally.

I've had mine since I built the Bret Cave in 95.  It was about $650 delivered with the wheel stop-vice, ramp and dolley.  The foot rocker valve wears and leaks and the nylon sleeve and O-ring that used to come on the valve spindle have gotten ridiculously expensive since the buyout. 

Last week I tried to raise it and heard air leaking underneath but haven't rolled off the VTR to check it out yet..  I'm hoping it's just a cracked (original!) air hose at the cylinder rather than a blown shaft seal.

They didn't offer a model with the rear wheel drop out panel back then; maybe even had only one model.

Best investment I ever made for the shop along with heat & AC and a 2 cylinder 20 cfm @ 100 psi 60 gallon 6 hp compressor!

• Thumbsup 1