What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 5/18/2021 at 7:16 PM, Yamajank said:

First attempt at the "cal-sci" vent on OEM windscreen. It is still more noisy than my puig but I could tell there was less turbulence than the non - vented OEM.  I think I need to make it bigger all around. Like maybe a centimeter. 

68259CC8-9C17-41CD-8667-A49C45B03E2C.jpeg

91A4F9C0-D482-48D3-924B-3F43D7BC2FA3.jpeg

So I made the hole bigger, and then also spaced the top portion with the half inch spacers to give it a slightly more forward tilt.  The result is less noise, and less buffeting however I think it’s still not good enough for long highway riding.  It would make a nice track day screen though.  I’m very tempted to make the vent on my Puig.  I have other priorities at the moment.

I just let some air outta my Road 5s.

I just returned from a 550 mile ride to a visit friend in CT.

After watching the Dave Moss tire pressure video I thought I'd experiment a bit.  I had full luggage and so pumped up to 42/40.   I felt every bump, expansion joint, tar snake and pebble on the highway.  When I checked the "hot" pressure and it was 48 (on a 90 degree day.)

Back to 38/36 for me, even with a load.

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

1 hour ago, nhchris said:

I just let some air outta my Road 5s.

I just returned from a 550 mile ride to a visit friend in CT.

After watching the Dave Moss tire pressure video I thought I'd experiment a bit.  I had full luggage and so pumped up to 42/40.   I felt every bump, expansion joint, tar snake and pebble on the highway.  When I checked the "hot" pressure and it was 48 (on a 90 degree day.)

Did you take route 15 Merritt parkway down there by any chance? That's a fun, albeit slightly terrifying road. 

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, nhchris said:

I had full luggage and so pumped up to 42/40.   I felt every bump, expansion joint, tar snake and pebble on the highway.  When I checked the "hot" pressure and it was 48 (on a 90 degree day.)

Are you listing the pressures in reverse or do you use higher pressure in the front than the rear?  If you used 42 in the front, I can sure understand why the ride was harsh.  I use what you have it set to now- 36F/ 38R (cold) even with a load.

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 hours ago, rclarkbow said:

Did you take route 15 Merritt parkway down there by any chance? That's a fun, albeit slightly terrifying road. 

Nope.  Was headed ti Danbury so took 84 through Hartford (also SCARY!).

I grew up in Fairfield and rode the parkway a lot as a kid.  Back then it was a really nice ride.

2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

10 hours ago, betoney said:

Are you listing the pressures in reverse or do you use higher pressure in the front than the rear?  If you used 42 in the front, I can sure understand why the ride was harsh.  I use what you have it set to now- 36F/ 38R (cold) even with a load.

I guess I did.  I ran 42 rear.  Way too stiff!

• Thumbsup 1
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Installed my risers from Motopumps.. they fit perfectly look very clean, can’t wait for the rain to stop on Monday so I can get out and tested but sitting on the bike in the garage I can feel considerably less stress as I don’t have to stretch as far 

3D2CB8C6-E644-4DA0-BFEA-230DC52F6FB5.jpeg

2181D8D8-61CC-4507-B780-B2590FDA843C.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnjo said:

Those risers look to be exactly what I need for a more  comfortable riding position.

Any issues with cable lengths ? Looks to be fine.

Cheers JJ

They fit perfectly with the existing cables and appears to be good quality. Delivery was blazing fast as well.

I like my Moto Pumps risers also.

BTW: Check your manual. The switch wires from both sides go through the middle between the risers. Gets the wires away from the ignition.

One of many things done wrong by dealers when assembled from the crate.

1 hour ago, Garybinnyc said:

They fit perfectly with the existing cables and appears to be good quality. Delivery was blazing fast as well.

Thanks for the reply Gary.

Unfortunately I'm stuffed. Tried to order some but Motopumps don't ship to the UK. Thats strange because they appear to ship all round the globe but specifically exclude the UK. 

Back to the drawing board !

Cheers again JJ