What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Shaded picniclunch of fried chicken overlooking the beach on the lake

I'm getting old.  I spent as much time looking at the fried chicken as I did anything else online.  I actually zoomed in to get a better look at the breading.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

After seeing how these oil pans can break and dealing with mine, the aluminum is very brittle and thin in areas…. The blunt flat face is a great target for a rock to be kicked up.  A sump guard is highly recommended IMO. 

I agree, IMO the SW Mototech plate would have deflected down and away that shot 1moreroad...

"The hole is high enough that I'm not sure a skid plate would have mattered."

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, mikerbiker said:

I'm getting old.  I spent as much time looking at the fried chicken as I did anything else online today...

Uh, you can ride AND eat your fried chicken too kid...

• Thumbsup 1

Rainy day here in Western Washington, and after reading about the severe drought elsewhere in the West, we are grateful to live in a place with plenty of water. Yikes. The entire West was built on a lie and myopia. Utah, Nevada, Arizona, NM, CA. Agriculture using massive amounts of water in the desert. 

Anyway, liquid sunshine here today so I (not that I don't ride in the rain all the time but the mood doesn't strike me today) tackled adjusting my chain. My steed now has 5,000 miles and for the first time the chain has gained some slack from wear and tear and was loose to about 2 inches of play. So I snugged it back down to 1.5 inches. No tight spots in the chain, so it seems good for now. 

Also got around to lubing my clutch cable for the first time since I bought the bike. The clutch was maybe just beginning to feel a little notchy or like it had a rough spot. So I did the method of leaving the cable on the bike and using a sandwich bag method with oil. Works great. And quick. Little lube on the barrel nut and she's good to go. Also, ACF 50 on the clutch spring. 

Besides cleaning and loving, that's about it. I have a saying that "Love your machines and they will love you back". It's a way of saying the obvious that a machine looked after like a love affair will rarely leave you stranded. Neither of my sons have embraced this truth yet, and they will have to learn it on the side of the road. 

• Thumbsup 2

Finally got rid of the random white panel on the non GTs and the giant stock blinkers. And then a quick sonoma coast ride. 

IMG-0372 (1) 40.jpg

• Thumbsup 5

Came down a very small curb and got a nice dent in my SW motor tech skid plate.. it was enough of an impact that the two side bolts broke off from the pressure, I guess it did it’s job though. Clearly that will be the last time I ever go down even the smallest curb. The second photo is kind of blurry but it’s noticeable

D799C46B-88F1-442E-80E5-15C0426AA4A8.jpeg

C525E465-1C86-4078-A962-972A16E8FF95.jpeg

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Garybinnyc said:

Came down a very small curb and got a nice dent in my SW motor tech skid plate..

How do you change your oil with that skid plate?

I agree, IMO the SW Mototech plate would have deflected down and away that shot 1moreroad...

"The hole is high enough that I'm not sure a skid plate would have mattered."

Sigh.  I think I purchased the same one as @Garybinnyc is showing in his pic.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:34 AM, 1moreroad said:

How do you change your oil with that skid plate?

It’s a two piece plate.. there are a few screws on the bottom.. once removed the bottom of the plate comes off exposing the drain plug. 

Now that this is dented I’m curious to see if I’ll be able to refasten the second plate.. something tells me this is now toasted.

• Sad 1

On 6/6/2021 at 11:34 PM, Salish900 said:

Also, ACF 50 on the clutch spring

Do you mean that small spring on the outside of the clutch case? Why specifically there? I have some ACF50 laying around but have not gotten around to using it. Figured it would be for next winter.