What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

15 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Rode 430 miles, did close to 2 hours with the ambient temp showing 104F (in full gear), dropped the bike in the worst parking lot ever designed, but made it :). Only minor scratches on the Gigi crash bar and case… I can deal with that. 

carved some awesome canyon riding out of Cimarron, NM and Eagles Nest today. 

9AB9711A-867F-46D8-8139-3ECE9DC5C705.jpeg

Here is the stupid f’n parking lot that caused the issue. I had backed in, and parked with he front wheel in the low point.  Pulling out a guy was pulling in and I had to stop with the bike just getting the rear wheel up and out and had to turn quick and the angle/climb made it so I couldn’t actually hold the bike on one foot to stop for him. 

the pic on its side is the first frame the innovv cam caught from the rear when it initialized :) 

2AE12A30-B3D4-4EBB-AF20-E3127ABD9873.jpeg

7C89CB47-7A5D-4CD7-B194-59A997CFF3B7.png

• Sad 2

No worries. Ya Gotta look at motorcycles as you do any other consumable.  Use it.  It gets a bit beat. Then you get another one.

I had my first damage to the FJ last week when I put the side stand "almost" all the way down and it collapsed as I got off the bike.

Engine cover dings, side bag scuffs and chewed up hand guard outer cover.  Wouldn't you know I had an R&G case cover on the other side of the engine!!

Ordered the OEM hand guard cover from Partzilla but they can't ship it until August.  Must be in a container on that ship in the Suez Canal.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Sad 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, nhchris said:

Ordered the OEM hand guard cover from Partzilla but they can't ship it until August.  Must be in a container on that ship in the Suez Canal.

Send a pic of what you need, I may have one.

10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Case guards and panniers are sacrificial to the whole!   Be glad you got home after a good ride I wish I could say the same if that's the worst you (almost) ran into

Yup, I am not worried at all.  Some sanding and some semi gloss black for the bar, and maybe some touch up paint for the case.  I may just throw a sticker over the damage :)

Rode around Albuquerque today and back to Santa Fe , ambient read 112F on the front wheel TPMS sensor (rear wheel read 140F) and the ambient temp on the bike 112… I soaked my riding shirt in water (Ridding full gear even In These temps). Thus may have convinced me to buy a cool vest.   At 85MPH+ down the interstate the coolant temp maxed at 206F.  

Edited by Clegg78

• Premium Member
On 6/11/2021 at 7:49 AM, keithu said:

Follow up: I rode to the office and back yesterday, so just 24 miles round trip. There was the standard "oooo, new tire" feeling but I can't say it seemed any less harsh than the Road 5 GT. So I don't think running the Road 5 GT on this bike is wrong, just a waste of money. 

That said, I'm not the most perceptive person when it comes to tire feel and suspension setup. 

Follow up to the follow up: I checked tire pressures before a trip this weekend and found that the front was inflated to 45psi. This is 100% my own fault for not checking the pressure after getting the tire mounted. I dropped it down to 38psi and now, yes, the Road 5 seems to feel smoother and less harsh than the Road 5 GT. 

• Thumbsup 2

I'm headed out tomorrow, staying in Grand Island NB Thursday night - says it's going to be 104F!!!!  I called up and changed reservation to cabin (AC).   Not looking forward to 104F on a day I'll ride 500 miles.  I'll take lots of fluids.  I've ridden in those kind of temperatures here where it is humid and it's tough.  Tracer GT doesn't put much heat on the rider so that is nice.

• Thumbsup 1

Hey @Heli ATP,

Thanks for the offer.  The OEM part # is:  2PP-26143-00-P1 and the thing is called, "Cover Handle Upper 1"

It looks like this:

Let me know if you have one and we'll work something out.

guard.jpg

• Sad 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, nhchris said:

Hey @Heli ATP,

Thanks for the offer.  The OEM part # is:  2PP-26143-00-P1 and the thing is called, "Cover Handle Upper 1"

It looks like this:

Let me know if you have one and we'll work something out.

I'm out of town for a few days but will check my stash on return and advise.

@Clegg78 tough parking lot and ready made fro a spin!  Almost dropped my FZ6 in a parking lot at a gas station when Bozo came zipping thru to convenience store and I had to jam on brakes.  Took every ounce of strength in my leg to keep it up.  Dropped my ZX6R once sitting at a stop sign.  Another Bozo cur the corner and was headed right at me but he tightened his line and went to my right (this is Alabama no England), I jumped off the bike to get away from being hit but bike went down!  He went on of course.  Dropped it again on side of I75 after stopping to re-attache my Senna that was hanging by wire didnt get side stand down correctly and when hopped off bike it went down along with me - my helmet was less than a foot from the edge of the right lane!  Now I always double check side stand.  Funny thing was I had my iPhone in my left hip pocket of my pants, for several days I had an iPhone shaped bruise.

Edited by PhotoAl
  • Sad 1

On 6/5/2021 at 3:41 AM, Heli ATP said:

Interesting, seems like it could solve a few problems such as the twitchy throttle and bar end weights for vibration.

KAOKO THROTTLE STABILIZER KITS

I'll tell you, being almost 50, with self-diagnosed carpal tunnel (i.e. numb wrists), this thing has been a LIFESAVER!  It's not a cruise control by any measure, but it really helps.