What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

37 minutes ago, 3sum said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. If it were less expensive, I would have signed up for the Inde school while I was there. All of the instructors were top notch, too. Couldn’t be more pleased. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Start saving now for the next one haha!

'15 FJ09

Lubed the chain and checked slack (good there). Aired up both tires, since front was at 30 and rear at 32. Set the front to 40 and the rear to 36.

I then changed the seat to the higher position and also adjusted the rear spring preload to, I believe, 6. Basically one off the last click.

Now to ride it some more and see how my adjustments turned out.

Oh, and put me in the camp with the "rear brake light switch not activating." I'm going to see about that black plastic adjuster nut and the spring. I can't get the rear brake light to work regardless of how much i press the rear brake pedal.

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, DR_DR3I said:

Oh, and put me in the camp with the "rear brake light switch not activating." I'm going to see about that black plastic adjuster nut and the spring. I can't get the rear brake light to work regardless of how much i press the rear brake pedal.

Put a hydraulic switch in line the next time you bleed your brakes and you can forget worrying about it ever again - because you've now thrown away the mechanical one. 👍

• Thumbsup 2

On 4/13/2021 at 6:28 AM, draco_1967 said:

I finished wiring up the cruise control retrofit. I turned the key and none of the magic smoke escaped!

20210412_163949.thumb.jpg.11554cf7dbe030ae452743af2c906174.jpg

I tidied up the wiring and buttoned everything up to go for a short test spin. 

Everything worked correctly, yahoo!!

Here is what the new turn signals/running lights look like.

20210412_180926.thumb.jpg.c6ceb1747e71f67c37e9c17e9eb5b117.jpg

20210412_180920.thumb.jpg.0c89c36c6ed247b49f13e5624ba93c95.jpg

I did discover that I installed the STS incorrectly. The box needs to be oriented up and facing the direction of travel. I had no turn signals on my ride. My fault for not reading the directions well enough *facepalm*

Hello ..... You matched the original cruise control in its simple version tracer 900 ???

Does it work normally with factory wiring ??

interesting post

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, Dpl900 said:

Hello ..... You matched the original cruise control in its simple version tracer 900 ???

Does it work normally with factory wiring ??

interesting post

No, I have an aftermarket cruise control made by MCCruise. I took the switches from a Super Tenere, which fit in the Tracer switch pod, and wired them to the MCCruise. MCCruise supplies a controller that attaches to the mirror stock, which you can see here:

20210406_131012.thumb.jpg.94981ef44952885fc934924b76649a1c.jpg

• Thanks 1

How is the vibration on those mirrors at high speed, any blurriness or is it fine? And how is the visibility if you flip them the other way (inwards) as the handelebars are quite wide to begin with.. 

Edited by smeller

15 minutes ago, smeller said:

How is the vibration on those mirrors at high speed, any blurriness or is it fine? And how is the visibility if you flip them the other way (inwards) as the handelebars are quite wide to begin with.. 

I had them mounted to the stock handguards, and there was a little vibration. It was less than the stock mirrors, and only there at certain rpms. I haven't had a chance to ride with the Barkbusters yet, but I'll report back when I do. I haven't ridden with the mirrors the other way. I only tilt them in when lane filtering gets tight, or when parked. I'm sure the view would be OK from the inner position. As they are now, I don't see any of my shoulders or arms. Just a bit of my Givi trunk. The biggest advantage to them for me is the reduced wind turbulence caused by the stock mirrors (as well as not having to fight the mirrors coming loose all the time). 

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, draco_1967 said:

I had them mounted to the stock handguards, and there was a little vibration. It was less than the stock mirrors, and only there at certain rpms. I haven't had a chance to ride with the Barkbusters yet, but I'll report back when I do. I haven't ridden with the mirrors the other way. I only tilt them in when lane filtering gets tight, or when parked. I'm sure the view would be OK from the inner position. As they are now, I don't see any of my shoulders or arms. Just a bit of my Givi trunk. The biggest advantage to them for me is the reduced wind turbulence caused by the stock mirrors (as well as not having to fight the mirrors coming loose all the time). 

Intrigued. Can you easily see the mirrors in your peripheral vision, or do you have to do a more purposeful glance? 

I have the same Barkbuster guards so it would be easy for me to install the same mirrors.

I have the same mirrors as Draco on the stock hand guards and I ride with my mirrors flipped in one position. No issues with visibility at all and as Draco said some minor vibration but no where as bad as the stock junk mirrors which wouldn't stay still on my bike. The mirrors are durable to I had my bike fall into the garage wall on the right side which is a sheet rock wall and I had no damage from the drop except a huge hole in my garage wall which cost me $15 bucks to repair. Busted up ego had no price on that. My whole mirror and hand guard were completely into the wall also. My wife had to help me pull the bike out of the wall. lol

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, keithu said:

Intrigued. Can you easily see the mirrors in your peripheral vision, or do you have to do a more purposeful glance? 

I have the same Barkbuster guards so it would be easy for me to install the same mirrors.

As Roy said, the view is good. They show more of what is behind me. It does take a little extra glance to see them, but it isn't an issue for me. I keep my head on a swivel, so I'm always glancing around anyway. 

27 minutes ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

What are the PN’s of the mirror and attachment? Also, is there less buffeting with these mirrors?

Here are the mirrors: 

They are certainly not cheap. I scored mine used, so I paid quite a bit less. There are knockoff mirrors on fleabay, but they don't have the 4 detent positions for the mirror stalk. The Rottweiler mount itself is $40. And, yes, there is much less buffeting with the CRG mirrors. I wasn't planning on that benefit, but it was a very pleasant surprise!

• Thanks 2