What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, micah2074 said:

We’re zig zagging across UT...

Don't miss Utah Route 12 through Escalante down past Bryce Canyon... :)

I'm jealous.  Enjoy your ride! 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Don't miss Utah Route 12 through Escalante down past Bryce Canyon... :)

I'm jealous.  Enjoy your ride! 

Scott - that is the exact route we are going to take across Utah toward Colorado.  I have only been through Northern Utah before and never Colorado, looking forward to the Million Dollar Highway into Durango.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, koth442 said:

@micah2074you rode from SE TN to Eastern CO in a single day? Sheesh, what is that, a 1,000 mile day? What's the prestige above Iron Butt? Titanium Butt? Inconel? 

This will make my 4th iron butt. I have 1 certified and 3 to turn in. 

• Thumbsup 3

Let’s go Brandon

Replaced Motodynamic flushmounted front turn signals with CNC Racing Sky turn signals. Used Evotech mounting brackets (required drilling out to 10mm, but available from same shop as lights, so free shipping), TST connectors, TST relay. All straight forward except wire colors were reversed on TST connectors, which I only discovered after wiring everything together. I did plug into bike and discover before reassembly of sidepanels and bike, so no biggie. 

Nothing new here, but as great as the Motodynamic turn signals look, they are not very visible from the front. Not a safety issue, but every time I went to turn right off a street if there was a vehicle waiting to pull out from right side, they would sit there until I started my turn, which told me they could not see turn signals or was questioning what they were looking at. Someone that does not ride cant be expected to know where to look on a bike for turn signals either. The fact that half of the lights are dedicated to running light and half to turn signals does not help either. If everything flashed when using as turn signals it would have helped. It is also an invitatation for the police to pull you over of course. 

20190811_152759_compress64.jpg

Edited by fj09viking
  • Thumbsup 2

21 hours ago, fj09viking said:

Replaced Motodynamic flushmounted front turn signals with CNC Racing Sky turn signals. Used Evotech mounting brackets (required drilling out to 10mm, but available from same shop as lights, so free shipping), TST connectors, TST relay. All straight forward except wire colors were reversed on TST connectors, which I only discovered after wiring everything together. I did plug into bike and discover before reassembly of sidepanels and bike, so no biggie. 

Nothing new here, but as great as the Motodynamic turn signals look, they are not very visible from the front. Not a safety issue, but every time I went to turn right off a street if there was a vehicle waiting to pull out from right side, they would sit there until I started my turn, which told me they could not see turn signals or was questioning what they were looking at. Someone that does not ride cant be expected to know where to look on a bike for turn signals either. The fact that half of the lights are dedicated to running light and half to turn signals does not help either. If everything flashed when using as turn signals it would have helped. It is also an invitatation for the police to pull you over of course. 

Got any pics or video of them lit?

7 hours ago, rodb47 said:

Got any pics or video of them lit?

Will do. Have to go educate myself in how to post a video and had a very long day, but give me a day or two. FYI they do not double as running lights. Turn signal function only, look clear when off as per my picture and flash bright orange. Lens/light wrap around outer part of turn signal. So posting pictures won't really do them justice. In the meantime here is another picture.

20190812_203351_compress20.jpg

Edited by fj09viking
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 8/11/2019 at 5:43 PM, fj09viking said:

I had the same issue with the Motodynamic lights up front.  On the FJ-09, it's not the location, but the brightness of the lights and the on/off contrast.   You can barely tell they're blinking.

I rewired the running lights LED wire to the signal wire, so I don't have running lights.  But the change in drivers knowing what was going on was immediate.  There's no question to the "Is it flashing?" and with ALL of the LED lights flashing, it's brighter.   I still intend to replace with Proton 500's at some point, but it's lower on the priority list now.

• Thumbsup 3

35 minutes ago, superfist said:

I had the same issue with the Motodynamic lights up front.  On the FJ-09, it's not the location, but the brightness of the lights and the on/off contrast.   You can barely tell they're blinking.

I rewired the running lights LED wire to the signal wire, so I don't have running lights.  But the change in drivers knowing what was going on was immediate.  There's no question to the "Is it flashing?" and with ALL of the LED lights flashing, it's brighter.   I still intend to replace with Proton 500's at some point, but it's lower on the priority list now.

That sounds like a good idea and would be a big improvement. I might do that and move the CNCs to the rear of the bike over the winter. Right now I only have the Motodynamic integrated tail light, mainly because I did not see any turn signals that I liked, and that would clear both my Givi side cases and the outer edge of the larger Canadian license plate. 

I also installed the DB killer in my Comp Werkes exhaust today. Still sounds good and my neighbours will hate me a little less no doubt!

• Thumbsup 1

Fitted AIS blanking plates in an attempt to stop the irregular running on deceleration since fitting the Scorpion exhaust. A straight forward job that took 1hr 45 to remove bodywork, tank, fit plates and then refit everything. No chance to ride the bike unfortunately.

Here’s the kit, the blanking plates in place and the removed pipework.

6AAA6CE7-4E5D-4BE2-84F0-6A84F39A885D.jpeg

AE56A3BF-F261-4353-9EE5-23190FA4BDFF.jpeg

4B30C886-9A98-4285-AAB3-FFC1C837A309.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)