What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, fj09viking said:

They are Shinko 705's. 

Don't like to go off topic, but since I did not post when I installed them a few weeks ago I will add some general comments.

First set and very happy after approximately 2,500 miles. An acquaintance and avid adventure bike rider for many years recommended them. That and this review with tires on an FZ-07:

He has tried every dual sport tire under the sun and kept going back to these.  Have a lot of gravel fire and lumber roads in the mountains around here, hence my choice. No vibration (except below 10mph but who cares) and great traction on all surfaces, wet or dry ( haven't been in mud yet). Tracks well in loose gravel. Needed a little more effort in cornering than stock, and to be expected. After raising forks (for more than one reason) cornering takes less effort that stock tires did with factory fork height. An added and unexpected bonus is that tires are not fazed at all by ruts, sealed cracks in pavement etc that tended to push stock tires around at low and high speeds. For $200-220 for the set it is hard to argue. I looks like I will get at least 6,000 miles from rear tire.

I have the Shinko 705 on my KLR650 and am really happy with them, the only time they scare me is ridding on wet grass. Considering the price of the 705s and how well they do on the street it's a no-brainer. I have about 5000mi on them and with the massive horsepower the KLR has they will dry-rot before I wear them out.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

4 minutes ago, fj09viking said:

Made it louder, a lot louder as it turns out! Installed Comp Werkes GP Slip-on. Also pimped it out a bit. Gold PSR rear brake fluid reservoir to match bar ends and forks. That is it for bling!

20190802_195951_compress71.jpg

Intended to post pic of whole bike as well. Here it is.

20190802_200829_compress62.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

Hi!

-Installed Frame Sliders today.

OES Yamaha Tracer 900/900 GT Front & Rear Frame Sliders 2019

-Ordered some Yamaha turn signals from EBay. I hope they end up working —they’re from the UK. I saw someone on this forum has them. The dealership couldn’t confirm but I went ahead and ordered them up. If anyone has input on these I”m all ears! THANKS!

yamaha genuine accessories YME-FLB2F-10-00 LED Flashers Plus Front

24C62EF6-2821-4BD3-91A1-B64DA378FC77.jpeg

3A2EA89A-5A6F-4790-A76B-4505C82C3FAD.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member

I woke up early in SE Tennessee. Jumped on the bike. Now I’m going to bed in eastern Colorado. In the morning I'll head west towards  the pacific. 

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 4

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

I woke up early in SE Tennessee. Jumped on the bike. Now I’m going to bed in eastern Colorado. In the morning I'll head west towards  the pacific. 

Right On!! 👍

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

19 hours ago, micah2074 said:

How far did you make it today?

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

Changed oil & filter, lubed the chain, had to rewire front turn signals, put new road 5 front tire on, ( OE tire had over 12,000 miles on it, it was seriously worn out, had changed the rear at 7,000 miles) and got the yearly safety inspection done. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, koth442 said:

How far did you make it today?

600 miles to Blanding  UT. We’re zig zagging across UT and hopefully some of AZ tomorrow. Gonna ride through Zion in the late morning. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Let’s go Brandon

On 8/7/2019 at 9:52 PM, micah2074 said:

What was your route? I'm not far from you but want to ride out to CO sometime in the future! Did you slab it?

I posted this in the how to section but I thought it was important enough to post here too. 🙄

OK....so, I saw somewhere on a forum that filling the handlebars with BB's will help eliminate vibration. I really don't feel like vibration is an issue except on the highway when it becomes difficult to see things clearly in the mirrors...mostly police but other stuff too. So I went over to Tractor Supply and the immediate questions was to buy the 2400 count or the 6000 count. I was thinking this should be a contest to guess but I don't have any prizes and I'm not going to count em. I do have a pretty good idea how many but I let you all guess. 

Ultimately after doing the BB install, they didn't really help much. I'm gonna leave them in though in the hope that someday when I sell the bike, the new owner will need to take the bar end off and get a big surprise.

Finally, I had my GF help "install" the BB's and she spilled a bunch and damn if they aren't hard as hell to pick up in your driveway. Fortunately I have one of those harbor freight magnet on wheels things. I was scared shitless of walking out the back door and sliding around on BB's. I just turned 63 and now I gotta worry about all the old people issues.

Edited by Guest

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, bigorangecntry07 said:

What was your route? I'm not far from you but want to ride out to CO sometime in the future! Did you slab it?

Interstate to CO. Then we hit the good stuff. 

• Like 1

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, micah2074 said:

Interstate to CO. Then we hit the good stuff. 

I'm headed to Utah and Colorado in 3 weeks.  Cant wait!

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***