Seat Slope Mod

Clegg78- Well i saw in your store that the kit is only compatible with the stock seat or Yamaha comfort seat. I still may order it and try throwing the stock seat back on temporarily. Will pull my stock seat out of storage tomorrow and compare them first to see how different my Bagster seat is at the front.

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

1 minute ago, metallion said:

Clegg78- Well i saw in your store that the kit is only compatible with the stock seat or Yamaha comfort seat. I still may order it and try throwing the stock seat back on temporarily. Will pull my stock seat out of storage tomorrow and compare them first to see how different my Bagster seat is at the front.

It may be compatible with any seat that uses the stock seat mount pads on the frame.  Since that is what we are tweaking the height of.  If the plastic tray the seat sits on is the same this may very well work.  There are just so many aftermarket seats I can’t promise each of them would work. 

let me know how it goes!

• Thumbsup 2

8 hours ago, tclhb said:

It’s bad. There is no flat area to sit on. The bottom of the curve is towards the tank. I wish Corbin or Bagster would get a seat for the ‘21

I wish that Yamaha would pull their heads out and supply a proper stock seat in the first place. Why should one buy a bike and then have to change the seat right off the bat?

Curved seats are for cruisers which typically don't ride huge distances OR have owners who put their own custom seats on the bike anyway.

Sport bikes don't have BS curved seats. Sport tourers need to have flatter seats where people can move around on long stints in the saddle. If people want curvature they can always add an Air Hawk or something like that. It is easier to add curvature to a flat base than flatten a curved seat. This is one of my pet peeves with the 9GT ... that and the dash and the weird shaped panniers, but those two I can live with.🙄

• Thumbsup 3

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

8 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

It may be compatible with any seat that uses the stock seat mount pads on the frame.  Since that is what we are tweaking the height of.  If the plastic tray the seat sits on is the same this may very well work.  There are just so many aftermarket seats I can’t promise each of them would work. 

let me know how it goes!

Clegg78- I just placed my order in your store. I can't see how my Bagster seat would mount any different than a Yamaha seat. Last year when i bought it new there was not any difference with how it installed on the bike. I am taking a weekend trip on 10/15-10/17 so that would be a great time to test it out if it arrives in time. 

Thank you for offering an economical solution for the seat slope issue on our beloved 2019-2020 Tracers.

• Thumbsup 4

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

9 hours ago, metallion said:

This kit works with the Bagster seat. The one I have that I'm selling, I test fit it last night just for the heck of it and it fits the same as the stock seat.

• Thumbsup 2

23 minutes ago, pokey074 said:

This kit works with the Bagster seat. The one I have that I'm selling, I test fit it last night just for the heck of it and it fits the same as the stock seat.

Thank you pokey074. Heck maybe i'll sell mine to if this seat slope kit works out.

Cool profile pic by the way. I was a Miami Vice fan back in the 80's.  

3 hours ago, pokey074 said:

Awesome thanks for the info!  I added that observation to the product listing :)  

I'm running the printer pretty non stop kicking these out to build up some stock, you guys have been draining my supply fast :) 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Entire FJ-09 / Tracer community:

I hatez the seatz

@Clegg78:

hold my beer

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Got this installed last night. It made more of a difference than the washer mod. And looks like it's supposed to be there, when you have to look at it.

Big thumbs up!!!

• Thumbsup 3

Didn't know about the store or kit - ordered now!  I haven't had a lot of trouble with the slope but last trip did notice it a little bit.  

Nice to see someone making and selling things with a 3D printer.

• Thumbsup 2

3 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Cutting what?

Velcro.  there is industrial grade velcro used to secure the riser pads in place.   I was cutting out the velcro squares by hand before, and now I just made it more precise and WAY faster for me. 

• Thumbsup 2