Seat Slope Mod

20 hours ago, Suzukiguy said:

Just finished installation of Clegg78's kit and I am impressed! There is a noticable reduction of the seat slope. Raining here now so a test ride is in the works for tomorrow. 350 mile round trip to Knoxville, TN and back should let me know real quick how much it helps.

Just got back from my little test run........Actually made it into a 383 mile trip! This kit works great!

The stock seat padding.....not so much!

The kit all but eliminates the "forward push" of the stock design. (My "man-apples" feel a lot better now than after the last long trip I took!) WELL DONE Clegg78!

• Thumbsup 4

2020 Tracer 900GT /1978 Suzuki GS750E /1978 Suzuki GS1000 /1982 Suzuki GS1100E /1999 Honda GL1500SE

I just installed the JK3D kit on mine during my lunch break. It felt good sitting on it in the garage making "vroom-vroom" noises. I look forward to giving it a little test ride soon. 

Installation is very easy, and took about 10 min. As others have said, it's a really clean solution, and looks almost like factory.

• Thumbsup 3

So I have people helping me with testing fitment on 15-17 FJ/MT/FZ09's and getting specs and pics from the 2021 bikes.... hope to have solutions for those as well soon. 

• Thumbsup 3

I received my seat slope kit on Tuesday 10/12 and installed it yesterday evening. Very impressed with the quality of the components and the fast turn-around time from time of order placement. Installation was a snap like everyone else has been stating, a simple one beer job!  There is no large gaps and it does not tweak the side panels. Visually the seat does appear to be more level when looking at it from the side. Looking forward to a true test ride soon! 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

• Supporting Member
On 9/27/2021 at 11:42 AM, Clegg78 said:

So I've been testing changes on my Tracer 900 Gt for a bunch of months and settled on a solution/product to make this easy.  https://jk3d.us/product/yamaha-tracer-900-gt-seat-slope-modification/

I have to say I haven't seen this much excitement about a mod since the caliper spacer offering by @pattonme. If something like this were offered for the FJ-09... I'd buy the kit just to join in the fun. 😁

Thanks!... and congrats on a hit solution to a nagging issue for many.

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

25 minutes ago, piotrek said:

I have to say I haven't seen this much excitement about a mod since the caliper spacer offering by @pattonme. If something like this were offered for the FJ-09... I'd buy the kit just to join in the fun. 😁

Thanks!... and congrats on a hit solution to a nagging issue for many.

I am 75% sure this will work for the FJ-09 and FZ-09...   but am waiting on some verification :)   

and I am loving helping out the community like this, it helps my very very small business, and helps everyone else!

• Thumbsup 5

@piotrek I am also interested in any other mods that piss people off for these bikes?... I know the thumb wheel is a pain, and I may pick up a new part to take apart and do some work on, but that is a bit of a lead time item and likely would be too serious of a mod for most people to attempt on their own bike.   Given the bikes are so good, there isn't a whole lot to mess with!

• Thumbsup 3

Clegg78, ordered.  Gambling it will fit a 2016 FJ-09; if not consider it a donation to future product development.  Anyway, I’m sure I can start with your parts and make modification to fit if needed.

I’ll bite, a wedge with through holes that line up with the front master brake cylinder cover screws.  This would provide an excellent place to mount a radar detector with Velcro and hold it level.  I fabricated a sheet metal part to do this but it was pretty janky.  I’ll attach some photos when back home; I think the part is still bouncing around my Moto bits box.

Edited by 3banger
  • Thumbsup 1

33 minutes ago, 3banger said:

Clegg78, ordered.  Gambling it will fit a 2016 FJ-09; if not consider it a donation to future product development.  Anyway, I’m sure I can start with your parts and make modification to fit if needed.

I’ll bite, a wedge with through holes that line up with the front master brake cylinder cover screws.  This would provide an excellent place to mount a radar detector with Velcro and hold it level.  I fabricated a sheet metal part to do this but it was pretty janky.  I’ll attach some photos when back home; I think the part is still bouncing around my Moto bits box.

we can take this to another thread or DM,  but I would not use any 3D printed plastics or any plastics on the brake MC handlebar bolts.   That is a critical/life/death component and if it loosens can result in some real interesting adventures :)   (Note I had a MC screw come loose on a ride, and was screwing the screws back in finger tight while riding because when I went to pull the brake, it just flopped around to the grip!)  I stopped once I could and tightened the snot out of the bolts!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

we can take this to another thread or DM,  but I would not use any 3D printed plastics or any plastics on the brake MC handlebar bolts.   That is a critical/life/death component and if it loosens can result in some real interesting adventures :)   (Note I had a MC screw come loose on a ride, and was screwing the screws back in finger tight while riding because when I went to pull the brake, it just flopped around to the grip!)  I stopped once I could and tightened the snot out of the bolts!

I think he was talking about the master cylinder reservoir cover.  I ordered the seat kit last night.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Just dropped 8 orders off @ the post office,  and I just had 3 parts on the printer fail at the same time (Experimental/Beta hot end I've been testing for a big mfg - it cracked in half and let hot rubber TPU just squirt all over, a wiring bracket, and a fan) on the printer (I designed the printer from scratch, so I know how to fix it fast).    Been a busy couple days!  But still hammering out product :) 

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

I was finally able to go for a ride today. It wasn't a long ride (40-ish miles on the long way home from work). I noticed a big improvement. I didn't slide forward at all coming to a stop. I am probably the only one who doesn't hate the stock seat. I've done an SS1000, and several 600-900 mile days without much issue. The slope mode will make it even better for me!

• Thumbsup 5