Seat Slope Mod

3 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Just dropped 8 orders off @ the post office,  and I just had 3 parts on the printer fail at the same time (Experimental/Beta hot end I've been testing for a big mfg - it cracked in half and let hot rubber TPU just squirt all over, a wiring bracket, and a fan) on the printer (I designed the printer from scratch, so I know how to fix it fast).    Been a busy couple days!  But still hammering out product :) 

Was one them coming to canada for Mark Trottier?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, piotrek said:

Would certainly appreciate the feedback... 🙂

I have one coming for my '15 FJ, I will post up my impressions when I get a chance in about a week.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
On 10/9/2021 at 12:55 PM, Clegg78 said:

So I have people helping me with testing fitment on 15-17 FJ/MT/FZ09's and getting specs and pics from the 2021 bikes.... hope to have solutions for those as well soon. 

Joe, I will get to it later this morning but only because a job scheduled for today got cancelled.  I've been swamped and feel guilty I've not replied...

Gotta get my 4 hours of shut eye now.

• Premium Member

Well Joe,

I installed your kit and it worked for both the stock 2015 seat and my custom Sargent saddle.   I haven't ridden it yet but I will tomorrow and report back on how it worked with my Sargent.

Now bear in mind my Sargent never gave me issues sliding into the tank as it was already customized with a raised nose.

It is now higher in front the thickness of your spacer and then some.  This caused an even larger gap under the saddle at each side which I addressed by fitting neoprene foam rubber to fill the gaps to keep air and water from entering under the saddle. I also fitted a firm rubber pad between the OEM plastic tank protector and the nose of the saddle to fill that gap, which also served to really firm up and help support the front of the seat.  I've had an piece of 60 mil EPDM under the gap between the two saddles to act as a "gutter" to shed water out the sides rather than ingress under them.

FYI, I have a Cycle Guys fitted expanding tail bag on the pillion saddle, if you wondered what that is.  It adds cushion and raises the pillion for more leg room too.

Sorry about the orientation of some of my photos.

20211016_184733.jpg

20211016_184446.jpg

20211016_184426.jpg

20211016_183540.jpg

20211016_180109.jpg

20211016_172500.jpg

20211016_184555.jpg

20211016_165837.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Well Joe,

I installed your kit and it worked for both the stock 2015 seat and my custom Sargent saddle.   I haven't ridden it yet but I will tomorrow and report back on how it worked with my Sargent.

Now bear in mind my Sargent never gave me issues sliding into the tank as it was already customized with a raised nose.

It is now higher in front the thickness of your spacer and then some.  This caused an even larger gap under the saddle at each side which I addressed by fitting neoprene foam rubber to fill the gaps to keep air and water from entering under the saddle. I also fitted a firm rubber pad between the OEM plastic tank protector and the nose of the saddle to fill that gap, which also served to really firm up and help support the front of the seat.  I've had an piece of 60 mil EPDM under the gap between the two saddles to act as a "gutter" to shed water out the sides rather than ingress under them.

FYI, I have a Cycle Guys fitted expanding tail bag on the pillion saddle, if you wondered what that is.  It adds cushion and raises the pillion for more leg room too.

20211016_184733.jpg

20211016_184446.jpg

20211016_184426.jpg

20211016_183540.jpg

20211016_180109.jpg

20211016_172500.jpg

20211016_184555.jpg

20211016_165837.jpg

That's great to hear!!  all the looking I've been doing shows the seat pan and seat base to be largely the same between the bikes so this is an awesome confirmation. I have one other member doing a test for me as well and since I cant see it in person I want at least 2 people to confirm before I sell them as such, but this is an awesome first step!  I really appreciate it!

I also just recieved the data on the '21 T9 and am working on designs over the next few days.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

No problem

Of course I went above and beyond to ensure cleanliness, secure fit and weather sealing.  

I'm confident the 15 + OEM saddles will work.

It's good that a Sargent adapts as well, I just hope in my case where I had them raise the nose above their norm, that my usual seating positions now do not scrunch my lil fellas!

• Thumbsup 1

Screenshot_20211017-092143_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9cd8df7bbf10b40a4f95946c22ed2dca.jpg

12 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Well Joe,

20211016_184733.jpg

20211016_184446.jpg

20211016_184426.jpg

20211016_183540.jpg

20211016_180109.jpg

20211016_172500.jpg

20211016_184555.jpg

20211016_165837.jpg

Looking at your pics fair warning, on your Sargent seat the left rear post mount has a white circle around it.  It's about to break through the seat pan. Mine's coming back from Sargent with a new pan and foam changes. 

Their plastic is inferior to OEM my OEM seat isn't doing that.

I'm going to try to come up with a way to spread the weight so those rubber bumpers aren't holding all the weight.

Edited by peteinpa

So this is a silly question here - Does anyone know where one can purchase or find a Tracer 9 service manual? :)  Looking for some torque specs and also assembly/disassembly info :)

With that said - I received a trove of info from @tclhb and @2NDCHILDHOOD regarding the T9... Yamaha changed a ton for the seat mounting and this will be an interesting remote design project :)   I am working on some prototype parts now. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/29/2021 at 8:21 AM, Clegg78 said:

I'd be willing to send a set to someone with a 15-17 to verify fitment for me.  Also for anyone with a Tracer 9 as the forward mount is different on the 9, if they could take detailed measurements for me, I'd also make a version for that. 

I just shipped my first handful of orders of these yesterday and have a few more to ship out today.  

I installed your slope kit and it works great! Thanks so much!

• Thumbsup 1

43 minutes ago, Rodman said:

I installed your slope kit and it works great! Thanks so much!

Sweet!  Thanks!

And real progress was made today on 2021 T9's...  I am printing prototype parts now!

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 2

I can confirm they fit a 2016 FJ-09.  I mounted my seat spacers to the frame under the plastic height adjustor.  I run mine in the high position since I’m 6’1”.  Simple and easy install, thanks for developing these parts.

85858E5F-CE3B-4F8D-B95D-C97F7C9B105F.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2