What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

31 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Is there a specific track day group you typically ride with?   I might start looking into schedules & options.

i haven't ridden Road Atlanta since the old ‘gravity cavity’ configuration days, and - embarrassed to admit - I’ve never been on the track at Barber.   I need to remedy that soon... 

I've enjoyed my time with Sportbike Track Time (STT) so I favor them. Plus they have a membership program that's got some great benefits. I've heard good things about N2, but haven't ridden with them.

You REALLY need to do Barber. I was just there, probably the best track in the country, but if not Barber is easily within the top 3. I've ridden 12 different tracks across the country. That's not even close to all of them, but I think it's enough to validate my opinion. 

• Like 1

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, koth442 said:

Uou REALLY need to do Barber. I was just there, probably the best track in the country, but if not Barber is easily within the top 3.

I’ve had numerous people tell me the same thing... I definitely have it on my moto-activities shortlist.  I’ve been to the museum (an absolute must see), and gazed longingly out the window at  motorcycles lapping on the track.   Spectacular facility, and I can’t wait to finally turn a few laps there...  

My 636 needs fresh rubber & bit of cleanup, but otherwise is ready to go! 

24 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

I’ve had numerous people tell me the same thing... I definitely have it on my moto-activities shortlist.  I’ve been to the museum (an absolute must see), and gazed longingly out the window at  motorcycles lapping on the track.   Spectacular facility, and I can’t wait to finally turn a few laps there...  

My 636 needs fresh rubber & bit of cleanup, but otherwise is ready to go! 

I've been riding Q3+'s. They're fantastic at a very reasonable price. Dunlop might even have a rebate going on....

• Thanks 1

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:55 AM, koth442 said:

So we're doing RA next season?

I would absolutely love to.   A track day was on my list of things to do THIS year, but timing and weekends didn't work out.  It is absolutely on the list for next year.

@texscottyd It would be awesome to meet more folks from the forum.

Maybe we should get a planning thread set up in the regional forum, yeah?  I'd love to meet more folks from the forums.  I have a friend who would also like to go for his first track day next year.

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member

Finally gonna get my front end sorted out. Local independent shop ordered Ktech piston kit and springs today. Can't wait. They'll get it done before we leave for Idaho the 5th.

Went back and forth for months on several options.

Springs only

Andreani Cartridges

Ktech Cartridges

Stoltech Moto drop in cartridge

Pattonme

Racetech gold valves

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, fr8dog said:

Finally gonna get my front end sorted out...Went back and forth for months on several options...

Congrats... will make the ride much more enjoyable and safer. Low cost options are out there, but man... deciding on which one can be a chore. I went with fundamentally the same combo... springs and a re-valve kit, albeit not all at once. Worked out very well.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, fr8dog said:

Finally gonna get my front end sorted out. Local independent shop ordered Ktech piston kit and springs today. Can't wait. They'll get it done before we leave for Idaho the 5th.

Good job getting the forks sorted.  👍  Have you already got the shock set up?

Where are you headed in Idaho?  I just rode through there 2 weeks ago and it was FANTASTIC!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, betoney said:

Good job getting the forks sorted.  👍  Have you already got the shock set up?

Where are you headed in Idaho?  I just rode through there 2 weeks ago and it was FANTASTIC!

I have a Nitron shock set up for my weight. We'll be in the Boise area. Maybe settle down in Kuna. That's good to hear about Idaho. Kind of spoiled here in Nor Cal.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

I have a Nitron shock set up for my weight. We'll be in the Boise area. Maybe settle down in Kuna. That's good to hear about Idaho. Kind of spoiled here in Nor Cal.

There is definitely not as many epic roads as Nor Cal, I mean how do you compete with that?  But you will be right on the Oregon border and riding in Oregon is AWESOME!!!

• Thumbsup 1

20 hours ago, betoney said:

There is definitely not as many epic roads as Nor Cal, I mean how do you compete with that?  But you will be right on the Oregon border and riding in Oregon is AWESOME!!!

You can't compete with NorCal's riding. Maybe Oregon or Washington, but no where else has both the mountains and population density to warrant the vast road network.

• Like 1

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
On 9/18/2019 at 5:46 AM, jdavis said:

New Chinese spotties fitted in a new location today, removed the little ones and gave them to my son for his cruiser. Looking into a controller to have them work as running now. 

20190918-DSC02001.jpg

20190918-DSC02007.jpg

20190918-DSC02014.jpg

How is the charging system with those 50w lights?  I accidentally purchased some lights on Ebay the other day that are 60w each and I'm apprehensive about putting them on where they'll draw too much to have the grips on at the same time.

@3sum,

The 50 w spots draw 3.8 amps, plenty of space in the charging system.

I rang the dealer today and he checked the service manual, nothing about how many amps are left to play with.

The Tracer has 4 aux plugs at 2 amps each, so 8 amps is OK by me.

Edited by jdavis
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I got a custom seat made 2 years ago at Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, WA, I have since put 34,000 miles on it.  I decided to get a slight alteration to lessen the angle/slope going into the tank. They make free alterations and even though they are 2 hours away, it is worth the trip (even though it was a frosty 34 degrees when I left the house this morning).

Since getting the seat made, this is the 3rd trip back to make minor tweaks to suit my picky needs, never a fee and never a question, they keep making alterations until I'm happy.

Seat1.jpg

Seat2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1