What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I like the decel burbles on my 2020 with the Akro full exhaust and with the baffle in.😁 

I always just plugged up the Suzuki PAIR systems with a marble and called it a day. Will wait on the Yamaha until I have the tank off for a reason and even then doubt I'll address it.😆

2 minutes ago, roy826 said:

I like the decel burbles on my 2020 with the Akro full exhaust and with the baffle in.😁 

I always just plugged up the Suzuki PAIR systems with a marble and called it a day. Will wait on the Yamaha until I have the tank off for a reason and even then doubt I'll address it.😆

Yeah... I do miss that.... great sound.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Even with the valve closed it can leak and give you the decell burbles.

Sounds like all the excuse I need to be ordering some more parts...   :)

Quarantine + Internet access + PayPal has been an expensive trifecta.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Sounds like all the excuse I need to be ordering some more parts...   :)

Quarantine + Internet access + PayPal has been an expensive trifecta.

You can get nice kits that also tidy up the wiring for you, with a wire-blanking connector. I did mine when I had the tank off. You also have to block off the pipe on the left side of the air filter, which is what the black tube thing is on the left of the link.

s-l400.jpg

<p> The AIS Valve Removal kit by SmartMoto will let you remove the AIS...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Are you doing ok, @2and3cylinders? I'm feeling stuck in my little bubble, too. My job got exponentially more complicated over the summer, and COVID has only made that harder all while restricting coping mechanisms like exercise and moto trips. 

Thanks for checking on me but I'm OK.  Not riding or being able to exercise due to my back has just compounded the unease and feeling of helplessness we all are experiencing during the pandemic and extremely turbulent political and social times were going through.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, enx said:

Fork rebuild. New oil, oil seals, dust seals and guide bushes.

IMG_20210111_190107.jpg

You're not going to tweak the damping or bump up the spring rate?  I'd at least try some 16Cst @ 40C fork fluid and play with its level and add some preload.

Cute idea restraining down the rear wheel and only using the center stand.  I'm not used to having a center stand and automatically put in up on my Pit Bull rear and then the front work stands.  Screwing rear stand bobbins (spools) onto the holes provided on the swing arm makes using a so equipped stand way easy.

29 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

You're not going to tweak the damping or bump up the spring rate?  I'd at least try some 16Cst @ 40C fork fluid and play with its level and add some preload.

I allready have Wilbers fork springs with appropriate spring rate for my weight. Rebuild was done because guide bushes had a little too much play.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I went out for a ride this morning, low to mid 40's and partly cloudy... an hour and a half into the ride the skies turned black and it started dumping rain, so I altered the course and started to head home when I noticed my TPMS showed a low reading for my rear tire, sure enough I picked up a shard of metal and could feel the air escaping.   The ride home for the next hour consisted of pulling off the highway and finding a service station with air about every 10 minutes.  After filling up numerous times I finally made it home with 16psi. 😲

image.thumb.png.4ead04e239e406cc843ffc4402fb1e4f.png

The screen isn't scratched, those are smears of dried rain drops from my gloves.

• Sad 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Wow I didn't know you had a TPM on the old girl or boy whichever you choose good thing huh I guess I'll start carrying my pump

wait a minute I do well haven't since November

anyway you suck

But I'm happy you got home in one piece

It's 9 degrees here

Edited by 2and3cylinders
The reason he sucks is because he got to ride
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Any Rde is a good ride 

Well in this case you got home with 16 PSI

Its all about the adventure... 👍