What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member

Not to make you jealous but I built my detached 2+ car garage myself with an attached shop. In the shop I installed an in-wall 1500w 120v heater wired through an inline T-stat (you just leave the units T-stat on high and just use the on-fan-off buttons) and as I keep it on 24/7, even in these temps it keeps the shop at 45 until I turn it up when I'm in there.  I also have a small portable 1500w cube heater for task heating.  My shop is separated from the garage by an insulated wall with a 5'-6 pocket door in it (a 3 foot service door opens directly into the shop), so I can hit one remote and activate the garage OH door and pocket door auto operators and ride right into the shop.  The walls and ceiling are R19~R30 respectively. There's a window (with burgled bars and alarm system), a mop sink with tankless water heater fed by a freeze proof hydrant with an auto blow down drain cock, a 220v 9000 btu wall sleeve AC unit (can you say chilly in July?), an original model Handy Lift, a 18 cfm @ 90 psi air compressor with 60 gal receiver (located in the garage next door for sound seperation and not take up shop space, the garage has its own natural gas sealed burner furnace), 20 feet of work bench, 3" & 6" vices, a gas MIG  welder but I sold my 175a square wave gas TIG, though my basement shop has a drill press, lathe/mill, floor grinder / buffer, etc), tools up the yin yang, a fridge and microwave wall mounted above the work benches, duplex and 2 gang outlets every 4 feet including in the ceiling (the garage-shop has its own 100 amp service panel and meter which is read and billed with the house combining kW usage), 6 twin tube solid state starter florescent ceiling light fixtures with LED tubes plus task lighting, carpeting, AM/FM/DVD/Ipod player and of course a laptop and WiFi.  I can only fit 3 bikes in the shop which is the only bummer.

Do you hate me more?

And I'm still lethargic so haven't been out there much since the pandemic and due to poor health.  I guess I've spoiled myself.

And the Super Bowl was also a bore.

• Thumbsup 1

11 hours ago, ASerio said:

now in the daylight  😎
what you guys think ? ! 

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-08 at 14.37.41.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-08 at 14.37.46.jpeg

Aha!  I've got the same colour scheme, and did exactly this.  The white panels just didn't look right, but a bit of black vinyl and you're golden.  

Did you do it yourself, or have it done?  I'd never wrapped anything before I did mine, and they were substantially more complex to wrap than I anticipated.  I'm gonna plastidip mine next time.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, ASerio said:

now in the daylight  😎
what you guys think ? ! 

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-08 at 14.37.41.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-08 at 14.37.46.jpeg

I like it, the small touches of red on the tank, pipe, seat and wheels set it off nicely.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, koth442 said:

I rode to work today! About the most excitement I'll have on two wheels for a while. 

I did about 200 miles through my back yard (the hills of SE TN). It’s the first chance I’ve had in a few weeks.
The sun was shining.

It was glorious. 

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Let’s go Brandon

25 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

I did about 200 miles through my back yard (the hills of SE TN). It’s the first chance I’ve had in a few weeks.
The sun was shining.

It was glorious. 

Very nice!

'15 FJ09

On 2/9/2021 at 2:15 AM, Wintersdark said:

Aha!  I've got the same colour scheme, and did exactly this.  The white panels just didn't look right, but a bit of black vinyl and you're golden.  

Did you do it yourself, or have it done?  I'd never wrapped anything before I did mine, and they were substantially more complex to wrap than I anticipated.  I'm gonna plastidip mine next time.

yes i did it myself,  i thought it would be easier.... as you know already,  2 hands and vinil +heater + the part moving,   hard asf......  but i managed do make it before running out of vinil hahahahahha =D   and  i think i like it more because of doing it myself :)
i thought about plastidip, but i thought it wouldnt look as perfect as vinil because of spray patern and excess etc,  maybe i'm wrong ! 

Edited by ASerio

On 11/28/2020 at 11:18 AM, betoney said:

The local suspension shop had a 25% off Black Friday sale, so I called and got $600 store credit for $450!

I have my suspension serviced every other winter and it is coincidentally due this winter, - perfect timing.  👍

What suspension shop do you frequent @betoney?